Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Libelous Slander posted:

in PCU he plays a good antagonist whos in love with Lucille Bluth

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nutsngum posted:

God gently caress goons will complain about anything.

Yeah sure her obviously padded bras and sweaters totally stopped me from jerking it when I was a horny 13 year-old and I'm just so angry about that

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
the only set of tits to legit bother me in a not good way were on the drew carrey show.

i will leave you to decide whether they belonged to drew or mimi

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

john lovitz kicks rear end for beating andy dick.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

One of these things is not like the others

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

It was back in the late 90s probably, but some guy I used to play online games with said he worked in a movie theater in Yuma, Arizona and for some reason that was the place where David Spade went to watch his movies and try to be noticed.

He'd just stand out in the lobby by his own movie posters and nobody would ever say anything to him because it's not like Chris Farley was there or anything, it was just David Spade.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Apparently Lovitz was in a movie titled Jewtopia so I have new information I must consider

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Atoramos posted:

Apparently Lovitz was in a movie titled Jewtopia so I have new information I must consider

There's a reason Lovitz plays slimeballs and losers so well.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

It was back in the late 90s probably, but some guy I used to play online games with said he worked in a movie theater in Yuma, Arizona and for some reason that was the place where David Spade went to watch his movies and try to be noticed.

He'd just stand out in the lobby by his own movie posters and nobody would ever say anything to him because it's not like Chris Farley was there or anything, it was just David Spade.

he's from arizona and gives money to the community he grew up in and generally wants to be embraced as a local hero. i can't really fault him for it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

david should be spayed

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Libelous Slander posted:

he's from arizona and gives money to the community he grew up in and generally wants to be embraced as a local hero. i can't really fault him for it

I can:

wikipedia posted:

In December 2005, Spade donated $100,000 to the police department in his hometown of Phoenix, as part of a program designed to provide patrol officers with rifles.[18] Spade's contribution will buy 50 AR-15 semi-automatic rifles for Phoenix police officers.[19]

Oh thank heavens. I hope he can commemorate the 10 year anniversary of his generous gift with another $100k so they can have grenades.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Shadow posted:

I can:

Oh thank heavens. I hope he can commemorate the 10 year anniversary of his generous gift with another $100k so they can have grenades.

i can sort of see your point but look at the fact that he can speed and have drugs on his possession and he'll be set free every time from now on.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mind the walrus posted:

He did manage to piss Eddie Murphy off at the whole of SNL just by being a snarky prick, so I've got to give him that.

What's the story here, I've always heard about this Murphy-Spade SNL beef

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Libelous Slander posted:

i can sort of see your point but look at the fact that he can speed and have drugs on his possession and he'll be set free every time from now on not be murdered

:lol:

fair enough

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

i too would like to know this. i thought this was about snl 40 but this sounds like it's a lot older than that

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold

Don Tacorleone posted:

A lot of young people don't know or don't remember but back in the 90's not too long after Hugh Grant got busted for picking up a hooker, Eddie Murphy did too. But the difference was his hooker was a transsexual.

Spade did his bit on Weekend Update and his Eddie Murphy joke was just a graphic of Murphy, with the line "*gasp* look kids, it's a falling star!"

For the record I saw Spade do standup at the Comedy Store a few weeks ago and he killed. Kind of subdued but the guy's got jokes. He's still funny.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Atoramos posted:

One of these things is not like the others

to reiterate: lovitz, pls do more movies or a netflix show or something

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

to reiterate: lovitz, pls do more movies or a netflix show or something

Seriously I want to know what loving money Lovitz is sitting on to not be doing more things. SNL, The Critic, and Simpsons royalties from all his guest spots can't possibly be keeping the lights on every month.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

FizFashizzle posted:

Just Shoot Me had its moments tbqh

oddly enough i feel kinda the same way.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I remember the episode where that old lady convinces David Spade to gently caress her to death, but her pussy game ends up being to strong, being pretty good.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I liked him as the nazi frat boy in PCU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

he made eddie murphy so mad that he wouldn't do SNL for like, 25 years

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Seriously I want to know what loving money Lovitz is sitting on to not be doing more things. SNL, The Critic, and Simpsons royalties from all his guest spots can't possibly be keeping the lights on every month.

that's what i was thinking. rich dudes like bruce willis and harrison ford feel like they gotta work all the time even though they obviously dont give a poo poo anymore. from reviews of the few things lovitz is doing i hear he's still got it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
he was funny in the "making copies" skit on SNL

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Op, David spade was good in the Larry slandered show and also rules of engagement.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A misanthrope posted:

that's what i was thinking. rich dudes like bruce willis and harrison ford feel like they gotta work all the time even though they obviously dont give a poo poo anymore. from reviews of the few things lovitz is doing i hear he's still got it

he has great timing and actually gets humour

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

moose face posted:

he has great timing and actually gets humour

that's it thread is now jon lovitz appreciation thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYNBwCEeH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgbxaS2KeUY

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

why are the old snl ppl so much funnier to us today? not specifically their work on snl but just in general. with the exception of like jason sudekis nobodys been as funny as bill murray dan akroid eddie murphy even chevy chase in his heyday

there is a big difference in the funny level between say ghostbusters and corky romano

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
more like gayvid gayde

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

why are the old snl ppl so much funnier to us today? not specifically their work on snl but just in general. with the exception of like jason sudekis nobodys been as funny as bill murray dan akroid eddie murphy even chevy chase in his heyday

there is a big difference in the funny level between say ghostbusters and corky romano

cocaine is a hell of a drug

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nefarious posted:

more like gayvid gayde

gayvid gaids

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

People lose touch and generally just start sucking as they get older. Lorne Michaels had a talent for finding funny people. That talent is slipping.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

i loving hate that tiny little gremlin known as chris kattan

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

they all figured out how to sell out so they don't seem as funny. there's usually a lot of talent but it gets wasted when they can appeal to the lowest common denominator. the simpsons learned this as well

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Spade is funny.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

burritolingus posted:

Spade is funny.

This except the exact opposite

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

albany academy posted:

i loving hate that tiny little gremlin known as chris kattan

i never understood his appeal. same with will ferrell when hes not a supporting actor honestly

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

i never understood his appeal. same with will ferrell when hes not a supporting actor honestly

ferrell paired with oteri, gasteyer and/or shannon was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ferrells ok when hes not doing that screaming retard character of his, like i thought he was funny in the campaign specifically because he didnt play that character

• Locked thread