Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

etalian posted:

there are even worse things than a studio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU

:synpa:

the technocrats will be the first against the wall along with the bankers and venture capitalists giving them money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

that's pretty fucken cool

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
West virginia is unironically, no exaggeration a third world shithole, why don't hipsters start gentrifying there? It's pretty, good skiing, solid history of twee banjo music, easily get a house for <100K

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Business Octopus posted:

West virginia is unironically, no exaggeration a third world shithole, why don't hipsters start gentrifying there? It's pretty, good skiing, solid history of twee banjo music, easily get a house for <100K

it has a diverse economy consisting mainly of three sectors: Coal, gambling and strippers

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
stipper? barely knew heh

naem
May 29, 2011

I would like to watch some twee ironic banjo hipsters get canibalised by real banjo unironic flannel denizens

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

small hendren posted:

The hipsters have gentrified all the bad areas in the USA.

All the ghettos where the gangs hang out now have Starbucks and other hipster poo poo.

:shrug:

what about camden

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

what about camden

Hey, the poor black people have to live somewhere.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Counterpoint: white people prefer to gentrify mexican neighborhoods over asian neighborhoods b/c mexican neighborhoods are more "authentic" and have more "soul"

Counterpoint: you're a human being

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Khazar-khum posted:

Hey, the poor black people have to live somewhere.

Yeah. We call it jail.

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

naem posted:

I would like to watch some twee ironic banjo hipsters get canibalised by real banjo unironic flannel denizens

i've noticed that H&M has lots of camo patterns now (although some are cool poo poo like purple camo lmao). help y'all fit right in with poor rural whites that wear their hunting camo on walmart trips.

naem
May 29, 2011

Business Octopus posted:

i've noticed that H&M has lots of camo patterns now (although some are cool poo poo like purple camo lmao). help y'all fit right in with poor rural whites that wear their hunting camo on walmart trips.

Can I buy stuff at the army navy store like in high school again that was fun, prob look like a serial killer now

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

This is straight out of "In Praise of Shadows".

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Pivotal Lever posted:

:synpa:

the technocrats will be the first against the wall along with the bankers and venture capitalists giving them money

"The bathroom is pretty big, for, um... You just have to be careful you don't hit your knee when you're sitting on the toilet. I think it's gotten bigger [since i moved in] you just have to sit sideways" - a Manhattan graphic designer and professional organizer living in a home converted from a walk-in pantry

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

etalian posted:

there are even worse things than a studio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZSdrtEqcHU

all i could think about when she said her father was a holocaust survivor was even he didn't have to sleep in a coffin with the side board knocked out.

loving jail cells are larger

she has that artificially upbeat voice of a person who's on the edge of suicide

Lawrence Gilchrist fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 25, 2015

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Shut the hell up, all of you. none of you have anything interesting or funny to say.

This applies to everyone in gbs

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Business Octopus posted:

Places where the majority of the people are living examples of white privilege not existing are too taxing on their constant need talk about being surrounded by white privilege (well-off halfxicans and all lighter shades over 30)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

I certainly like the decor, but lol at that fireplace :stare:

Also that bed looks tiny and I need a big bed just to flop out on, ya know?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Business Octopus posted:

I thought Charleston was already attracting the Appalachian variety of hipsters who think Asheville went too main stream.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I certainly like the decor, but lol at that fireplace :stare:

Also that bed looks tiny and I need a big bed just to flop out on, ya know?

That's a queen size bed you fatass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Inept posted:

That's a queen size bed you fatass.

Huh... it looked like a twin or something. Ok, that works then.

• Locked thread