Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

TNG posted:

Pristiq for a period of about two years, which I liked since it sounded like a portmanteau of Prestige and Mystique. That stopped working after a while and I was put on 80 mg of Fetzima, which I don't care for as much as it sounds way too much like a terrible 90s carbonated alcohol. I basically judge all antidepressants on how their names strike me.

:synpa: you are literally retarded right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

just gouged my eye out

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

:synpa: you are literally retarded right?
gently caress... dad you know they don't use that word anymore. The preferred term is Homo fag

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lonesomedwarf posted:

just gouged my eye out

this actually has a scientifically proven uplifting effect similar to exercise, a hearty meal, or a kiss from a significant other.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

this actually has a scientifically proven uplifting effect similar to exercise, a hearty meal, or a kiss from a significant other.

science rules! lol about the significant other , good one

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Has anyone ever tried Phenibut as a Benzo alternative?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenibut
http://peaknootropics.com/shop/phenibut/

I'm thinking of trying to taper off the 1 mg of Ativan every 12 hours, then after at least a month of being off, using this if I have anxiety problems recur:

https://www.upgradedself.com/bulletproof-gabawave#/USEINGREDIENTS3

That's a low dose of Phenibut that's supposed to slow release over 36 hours. (However, it's the Bulletproof Coffee guy. :smugjones:)

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

InterFaced posted:

Just take Benadryl until the walls are crawling with nightmare creatures. Congratulations you're now terrified but not depressed.

interestingly enough benadryl does have some seratonin reuptake activity. it also lets you sleep all day if you hate life and want to avoid it. i am not proud of possessing this knowledge

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Good old fashioned Seroquel

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

interestingly enough benadryl does have some seratonin reuptake activity. it also lets you sleep all day if you hate life and want to avoid it. i am not proud of possessing this knowledge

hahaha

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Lamictal. For seizures, not depression.

My cat is on Prozac to control violence.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
piss

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Dexamphetamines

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

mdm posted:

Good old fashioned Seroquel

lol, that's an anti-psychotic. sorry bud, you're not depressed, you're loving crazy.

So I was on Effexor, but the memory loss, night sweats, weight gain, limp dick got too much. I recently ran out so now I've decided to just not for the time being (family and friends fully aware, but still probably a generally bad idea) and hope I can find something more my speed. Anybody have issues like that with Effexor and found something that worked better?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
doctors prescribe it all the time for depression,, probably not so much any more now that it's generic so there aren't as many kickbacks lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pill popping loser faggots. junky monkeys, chimps

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My doctor wants me to switch from citalopram to escitalopram. Is it really any better?

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

Say Nothing posted:

My doctor wants me to switch from citalopram to escitalopram. Is it really any better?

it has a longer name, it has to be better.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

citalopram and quietiapine. they're working ok.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pristiq is good poo poo.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zzulu posted:

why are you idiots so sad, jeez

Let's see you try being celibate for 27 years you pussy. :colbert:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 25, 2015

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

incel inside

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

who knows, both of them have generic forms so your doctor isnt recommending it strictly for money

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Is citalopram working for you? Are you experiencing side effects?

Did you ask why he'd want you to do that?

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
what kinda fag takes pills

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I was really confused by these types of deodorant until I reread the thread title

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014

Maldoror posted:

Has anyone ever tried Phenibut as a Benzo alternative?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenibut
http://peaknootropics.com/shop/phenibut/

I'm thinking of trying to taper off the 1 mg of Ativan every 12 hours, then after at least a month of being off, using this if I have anxiety problems recur:

https://www.upgradedself.com/bulletproof-gabawave#/USEINGREDIENTS3

That's a low dose of Phenibut that's supposed to slow release over 36 hours. (However, it's the Bulletproof Coffee guy. :smugjones:)

It's good, but don't take it more than 3x a week. If you take it daily it will lose any perceivable effect and the WD is loving nasty. It works on GABA B mainly, unlike benzos which work on GABA A so it's more similar to alcohol and GHB in effects. You might still need to taper the ativan before trying to solo phenibut

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've been on about a million SSRIs and none of them helped me at all.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
Can a kind goon send their antidepressants my way. tia.

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015
I don't go see a shrink to get prescribed anti-depressants because i'm not a sad sack.

However i'll occasionally take Tramadol if I've got a hangover or feel like coloring my day with slight drug euphoria.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
None, which is why I have such a sunny disposition.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Sex sounds like the best medicine so far. Chemical stuff only fucks with your brain

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i actually kind of like the sexual side effects of effexor. i last longer in bed + i think/care about sex less which is good cause im not in a relationship rn so its not really a constant thing. i am much less motivated to attempt to get laid while on it. if i was in a relationship again i might go off it though (happened before)

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Things that didn't work:
Celexa
Buspar
Lithium
Cymbalta
Wellbutrin
Lexapro
Abilify

Thing that kind of did work:
12 ECT treatments

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Wulfolme posted:

Things that didn't work:
Celexa
Buspar
Lithium
Cymbalta
Wellbutrin
Lexapro
Abilify

12 ECT treatments

:chanpop:

how did you deal with the memory loss, my dad had some ECT in the 90s and he was really upset about the memory loss part

also, do you have a bipolar diagnosis? asking because of the lithium

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

Things that didn't work:
Celexa
Buspar
Lithium
Cymbalta
Wellbutrin
Lexapro
Abilify

12 ECT treatments

have you considered a lobotomy? idk it seems to work for some people and they fuckin fascinate me. can't gently caress you up worse then you already are right?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Say Nothing posted:

they're different drugs, and we don't know poo poo about matching people's brain chemistry with the right meds, so there's a chance it will be better

also a chance it will be worse

mdm posted:

doctors prescribe it all the time for depression,, probably not so much any more now that it's generic so there aren't as many kickbacks lol

lol there is/was (dunno if it's over) a massive lawsuit against the manufacturer of seroquel because it's a fairly heavy-duty anti-psychotic and the reps were telling doctors it was good for loving everything

i was prescribed it as a sleep aid at one point

Oh Noetry
Jul 3, 2008
Pristiq, 100mg. It was life-changing. After a year or so on it I'm starting to suspect I have bipolar so seeing a psychiatrist next month to get some good poo poo - sedatives of some sort.
Was on occasional valium a while back for anxiety attacks, but it didn't help. Really I just liked it for back pain (and it mixed deliciously with Endone for migraines)
I have tried Seroquel when I have had to sleep really bad and my mind wouldn't shut down, as well as Xanax. I like them.

E: I was on Lexapro for a short while a few years back and it made me feel like a zombie so I was terrified to try Pristiq. But I'm supremely glad I did.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
if u can't live without drugs just loving kill yourself you pathetic baby

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

open container posted:

if u can't live without drugs just loving kill yourself you pathetic baby

i considered it, then i started taking drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Say Nothing posted:

2 double blind studies say yes, statistically better, a third was inconclusive. Just get the generic and there should be no price difference basically. I've been on the name brand for a year, and just moved to the generic for 6 weeks, and it's been about the same.

• Locked thread