Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Sintax posted:

I took effexor XR for a while recently and it turned me into an impulsive maniac, seems kinda dangerous

I've been sort of the opposite of an impulsive maniac, so I could probably use some more of that in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

anti-depressants are the worst way to cope with depression honestly

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Frog Act posted:

actually doing nothing at all is worse, hth

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah not all of the antidepressants I've tried helped and one made things worse, but the nothing I was doing about it before wasn't helping. I feel better now so if all I'm getting is a placebo effect then I guess I'm ok with that.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah not all of the antidepressants I've tried helped and one made things worse, but the nothing I was doing about it before wasn't helping. I feel better now so if all I'm getting is a placebo effect then I guess I'm ok with that.

have you tried doing something tho? you may be shocked by the results.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Do SSRI's cause down regulation of serotonin receptors? Is that bad?

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I'm kind of confused atm about how all psychiatric drugs don't undermine themselves through up and down regulation.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Abilify and Brintellix but not Brintellix for long because they are bitches and won't give it to poors for free.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

lol there is/was (dunno if it's over) a massive lawsuit against the manufacturer of seroquel because it's a fairly heavy-duty anti-psychotic and the reps were telling doctors it was good for loving everything

i was prescribed it as a sleep aid at one point

I've been prescribed it for sleep, depression, and psychosis, and you know what it worked drat well for all three things at the appropriate doses.

But yeah it is also practically poison as well. But don't try to pull that argument if they think you're psychotic, because thinking the medication is poison is one of the symptoms. Oh irony...

h0llyw00d
Feb 18, 2015

mdm posted:

I've been prescribed it for sleep, depression, and psychosis, and you know what it worked drat well for all three things at the appropriate doses.

But yeah it is also practically poison as well. But don't try to pull that argument if they think you're psychotic, because thinking the medication is poison is one of the symptoms. Oh irony...

Tell me about it. Psychotic disorder NoS. I don't have the energy to type up all the bullshit I take, so I'll just say weed.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Adderall's the only thing that's ever worked for me. Part of the reason is that my ADHD symptoms are more or less the direct cause of my depression. I feel happy if I don't feel like a lazy unfocused piece of poo poo.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

Oh Hell No posted:

Adderall's the only thing that's ever worked for me. Part of the reason is that my ADHD symptoms are more or less the direct cause of my depression. I feel happy if I don't feel like a lazy unfocused piece of poo poo.
Yeah I'd feel better if doc would just give me tons of speed too.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Vagus Nerve Stimulator

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Frog Act posted:

they're not bad. i used anti-depressants for awhile and they helped me get my mental state together. i still have depression but it's easy to cope with and i don't require medication to deal with it.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

1gnoirents posted:

never been prescribed although kind of interested if there are any fun ones , recommendations goons>?

Some of them can make you impotent for a few months. Try those.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i like to remember when reading some of the posts around here, that they're posted by people who are so sad for no reason that they have to take a pill. Lol

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

Un-l337-Pork posted:

I hear phenazepam is a good time

lol only time I ever od'd was phens + BTH.

not on sub's, thankfully. one of the only good aspects of going to a jesus rehab.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

My doctor wants me to switch from citalopram to escitalopram. Is it really any better?

Escitalopram is the S-enantiomer of citalopram, meaning that its chemical structure is a mirror image of the other. The thing about chirality is that chemicals can behave differently even if they're just mirrored structures. Despite this, citalopram was sold as the generic form of escitalopram until the latter's copyright or whatever ran out in 2012. For what it's worth, I've been on both and the S form works better for me. I had wished it didn't for a while because that poo poo was expensive at the time, but thankfully it can be sold as a generic.

All y'all motherfuckers saying depression is fake, kill yourselves. I've been studying it for years and it is really complex, the neurophysiology of it. Neuroendocrine, immunological, morphological, even superficially unrelated metabolic factors weigh in.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

shalom op, i take citalopram and bupropion to keep the moon god's spirits away.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

cognitive behavioral therapy owns. you should try it some time and be free of depression meds. hth. unless you have some severely treatment resistant form of depression. if so, just take your meds and do CBT. you'll be better for it either way.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i'm on prozac for depression and it's alright, but one of the side effects is that it makes me overshare on internet forums

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

5-HT posted:

cognitive behavioral therapy owns. you should try it some time and be free of depression meds. hth. unless you have some severely treatment resistant form of depression. if so, just take your meds and do CBT. you'll be better for it either way.

this except without the 'you should try it sometime' because it implies no one is and I'm assuming at least some of the poster with depression are

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I took pristiq for about two years and I don't think my boner has ever been the same.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Titus Sardonicus posted:

All y'all motherfuckers saying depression is fake, kill yourselves. I've been studying it for years and it is really complex, the neurophysiology of it. Neuroendocrine, immunological, morphological, even superficially unrelated metabolic factors weigh in.

these assholes on the shitposting forum on the comedy website are making jokes loving kill yourselfes

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i read a book about cbt but i don't have any money for professionals or the attention span to keep up a project for more than a week. i'd rather take modern miracle drugs.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Pivotal Lever posted:

:chanpop:

how did you deal with the memory loss, my dad had some ECT in the 90s and he was really upset about the memory loss part

also, do you have a bipolar diagnosis? asking because of the lithium

oh hey, someone responded to that list

no bipolar, I don't quite remember why we started the lithium. 2013 was when they started throwing everything at the wall. I only really remember finishing a beer about 5 minutes before taking my afternoon lithium, and then barfing in my psychologist's office about 20 minutes later.

The memory loss was really confined to the month of the treatments. I had to ask my mom if we had gone to see something or if I had just seen a preview of it. I don't feel like my memory has changed from the way it was before, but I got to enjoy watching How To Train Your Dragon 2 for the first time two times.

E: Oh, and Adderall was in there too for a while, to see if a stimulant would help. It didn't.

Twinty Zuleps fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 26, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Cheer up everyone.... LOL jk

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
C2H5OH and autism. Emotions are for pussies.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Venlafaxine, bupropion, lamictal, regular therapy and plenty of human interaction. Used to just drink a fifth of whiskey or w/e every day, but naltrexone made me chemically unable to enjoy alcohol, so I guess I'm sober. I find hanging out with people you like and doing interesting things is the best antidepressant. My meds are to get me to a state where I can do that. It's pretty cool when it works.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Cocaine.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
a motorcycle

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
60mg fluoxitine + 400mg quetiapine daily.

could be worse i guess

Aug 4, 2010

50mg of Sertraline, i try to stop takin it but i get a sore head and have to take it again i think i mite be addicted

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
it's more like, what antidepressants am i not on lol!!!!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smoking weed and running every day.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I posted:

You can say weed if you want.. but Im more interested in knowing about whatj kind of medicine the jew doctor prescribed to you to treat your clinical depression

had celexa at one point. doc wasn't a jew though, she was german

hospoeder

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Nefarious posted:

also celexa and abilify lol

One time when I was in middle school, this dude told me to snort his abilify, and that it would get me high. I did, and after the burning in my nose subsided, I fell asleep in class, and the teacher freaked out because she couldn't wake me up for like, a minute. The kid was also in my class and freaked the gently caress out because he thought he had killed me.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I dont have clinical depression. its called not being a pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
GBS

• Locked thread