Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, LeaveMyWife is back! In the words of this DDR machine I used to hang out with, "It's like sunshine on a cloudy day!"
Chrono, Lucca, and Marley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Goku

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Oh hey, LeaveMyWife is back! In the words of this DDR machine I used to hang out with, "It's like sunshine on a cloudy day!"
Chrono, Lucca, and Marley

Well, my day was just made. :unsmith:

So, you're saying you want Chrono, Lucca and Goku? :raise:

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Chrono and Default Names.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Leavemywife posted:

Well, my day was just made. :unsmith:

I think he's saying he wants Goku, Goku and Goku.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Agent Interrobang posted:

Gag Vote: Raditz, 18, and Maron. :goku:

Totally going with this vote

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Got a notification on my phone of a new SA LP before work, and saw it was a CT LP. Once I got home, and saw it was Leavemywife, I bookmarked it so hard and fast!

DukeofCA posted:

Chrono and Default Names.

This.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Leavemywife posted:

Goku. Goku. Everyone is Goku. The spirit of Goku lives in us all.

Also, loved your Earthbound LP, and glad to see you're doing this old treasure too. :)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Crono > Ron

Lucca > April

Marle > Leslie

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Bregor posted:

Crono > Ron

Lucca > April

Marle > Leslie

No because I like Leslie.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Name em Dongs. Thongs, and Shlongs .

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Bregor posted:

Crono > Ron

Lucca > April

Marle > Leslie

Why is it whenever there's name voting in an LP at least one person has to suggest names that boring people would give their pets?

I'll throw in for Butz, Faris, Lenna but I won't be disappointed if the winner is old names (with Chrono).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

sudonim posted:

Why is it whenever there's name voting in an LP at least one person has to suggest names that boring people would give their pets?

I think it's a reference to Parks and Recreation (according to my Google-fu), which I've never watched.

How about we give voting twenty-four more hours? Tomorrow at 8:00, Eastern time, let's have our names figure out.

As it stands, from what I can tell by trying to remember the voting, we currently have default names with Chrono being the only change.

Butz, Lenna, and Faris is in second. And that's all I can remember without going back and counting votes.

Goku for everyone deserves a special mention, as I'm heavily considering buying XenoVerse.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

sudonim posted:

Leavemywife posted:

I think it's a reference to Parks and Recreation (according to my Google-fu), which I've never watched.

You are both missing out on excellent television. Parks & Rec just finished its run and it was a brilliant show. :colbert: Just start at season 3 and you won't be disappointed.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

It's partially this; the single screen images are 512x416 when they should be 512x384. Oddly the dual-screen images are right size but still look wrong, because I think Resampling was left on in Irfanview by mistake (would also explain why stuff like Crono's naming screen is over 200kb).

Alright, so I went back and took a shot at 512x384.

This is the new one.

This is the old one.

Does that look better to you folks who thought it was off? I didn't touch it in Irfanview; I did the resizing and cropping in AvsPmod (which I did for all the other images). I don't know if that would make it off or anything, but usually before I post my update, I have the files batch renamed in Irfanview, as it makes it easier on me.

Leave fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 26, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Are you using something that isn't Nearest Neighbour resize?
Because that causes blurryness if it's an interpolation(Bi/Trilinear etc) resize
If you aren't resizing and just taking them already resized from the emulator make sure you aren't using any filters.

Glad to see you back leave.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Crono - Goku Lucca - Bulma and Marle - ChiChi clearly.

I was going to suggest "Big Hero 6" names (Crono - Hiro Lucca - Gogo and Marle - Honey) but it has to be this. Come on.l

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Bregor posted:

You are both missing out on excellent television. Parks & Rec just finished its run and it was a brilliant show. :colbert: Just start at season 3 and you won't be disappointed.
Parks n Rec was boring and awkward :awesome:

So maybe not in this case, but I feel like a lot of LPs have people who arbitrarly vote for the legendary hero to be named something dumb like Tim or some poo poo. Or maybe something worse in a vaguely fantasy style like Az'hazyaeul for no fathomable reason. I'm gettin' cranky about LPs!

Also welcome back, Leave.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Rahonavis posted:

I was going to suggest "Big Hero 6" names (Crono - Hiro Lucca - Gogo and Marle - Honey) but it has to be this. Come on.l

EDIT: Spoilers removed at request. Oops.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 26, 2015

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Welcome back to Lp-Land buddy! I've gotta cast my votes for

Crono = Michael
Lucca = Debbie
Marle = Margaret

Just remember, that thread title did this.

Aishlinn fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 26, 2015

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Guys, I wanted votes, but lemme just remind you of something. And since the spoilers in question were removed, I can still use :ducksiren: to bring something up.

Leave fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 26, 2015

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
As far as extra content goes, they kept the little extras section from the PS1 release, which is handy if you want to try and see everything since it lets you know what you have and haven't done. Otherwise the stuff unique to the DS release is mostly garbage except the final final superboss which is a fun little fight. But you still have to wade through all the other additions to get to it; generally not worth your time unless you REALLY want to be completionist on this poo poo. Still, it's probably the best release of Chrono Trigger just for the combo of cleaned up translation, being compatible with current game platforms, and not being saddled with the PS1 editions load times. Certainly it's the copy I'd pull off the shelf if I wanted to replay it, which I really do and ideally this LP will either satisfy that itch or galvanize me to get off my rear end and play it.

Is it wrong my head is already cooking up terrible MS Paint art to throw at the thread?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

CmdrKing posted:

Is it wrong my head is already cooking up terrible MS Paint art to throw at the thread?

No, no it is not.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just started replying CT myself, so this'll be fun.

Chrono and default names are good enough for me.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chrono and default names.

I remember playing Chrono Trigger...I just don't think I ever finished it, somehow.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

Some Numbers posted:

I just started replying CT myself, so this'll be fun.

I just started it again, too, because of all the discussion in the FFVII thread. Anyway, go with Chrono and Nadia. Lucca can keep her default name.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Has anybody tried the iOS port of Chrono Trigger? The FF7 thread convinced me to get it so now the question is just on what platform.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Bogart posted:

Has anybody tried the iOS port of Chrono Trigger? The FF7 thread convinced me to get it so now the question is just on what platform.

Probably like most iOS ports it'll suck hard and most likely change the graphics to lovely pastel people.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

Bogart posted:

I recall hearing that it was like the DS port, which means it's an okay port but didn't add anything that was terribly interesting.

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
No wait,

Crono: Chrono
Marle: Default
Lucca: Names

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Aishlinn posted:

No, no it is not.

It's kind of traditional, really.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

oldskool posted:

I remember playing Chrono Trigger...I just don't think I ever finished it, somehow.

Thank goodness that I'm not here just to finish it, but to get every ending and show all of the extra content.

The last bit of that is what you should really appreciate.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Leavemywife posted:

Thank goodness that I'm not here just to finish it, but to get every ending and show all of the extra content.

The last bit of that is what you should really appreciate.

The remake did make those a bit clearer/easier, at least. I want to say that you could even replay the endings.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Bogart posted:

I haven't actually played the iOS/Android ports, just seen them. That said, while the font and UI took a bit of a nosedive, all the essential parts are still there. If it's the most affordable legal way to play Chrono Trigger, then go for it, it's not the worst thing in the world.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Neige posted:

No wait,

Crono: Chrono
Marle: Default
Lucca: Names

Go with this.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Yeah, I've got the Android version. In about 80% through the game and quite enjoying myself.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
SPOILERS REMOVED

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 27, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Fangz posted:

SPOILERS REMOVED

Nothing. The dialogue is exactly the same.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 27, 2015

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Archenteron posted:

Butz, Faris, Lenna

This with the understanding that you have to name the next character Galuf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wake
Up
Chrono

• Locked thread