Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Or not, who knows, maybe video gets released today, maybe not. Maybe it's the next Ray Rice story, or maybe it's the next, I don't know, rumor that Andrew Luck ate a toddler. Mods, edit this one way or the other so I either had the appropriate righteous indignation or making fun of ourselves for reading sub-Florio rumor blogs.

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope that Dez did not beat the poo poo out of anyone in a parking lot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SA2K posted:

I hope that Dez did not beat the poo poo out of anyone in a parking lot

:agreed:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Any link that begins with seattle.suntimes has to be full of poo poo right?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Cross post'n my thoughts here, aka I think this is bullshit

Febreeze posted:

Florio and TerezOwens have been bringing this Dez Bryant thing up for a few days now

I don't believe it because nobody worth a drat is talking about it. A video of Dez Bryant beating someone up should be huge news but the best they can get talking about it is Florio, who willingly makes poo poo up just for clicks. Watch nothing drop at all tomorrow. Someone is stringing people along. Whenever there is a news tease like this poo poo it always ends up fake. "We totes have incriminating evidence, but nah, we aren't going to release it till we want to". There won't be poo poo, we'll get some excuse, they'll say they'll release it again, but by that time it'll be confirmed as poo poo.

At least that's my prediction.

I can see Dez doing it but something about the news here just smells like BS

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Personally I don't trust any information that doesn't come from a domain name that ends in a random string of numerical characters.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As Terrell Suggs and Ray Rice have taught us, his main mistake was being caught on video if this is true

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

literally no evidence except a bunch of hacks reporting it. reporters have been circling the waters around dez for a while now, just waiting for him to slip up; i know in my heart he's better than that, and has improved and will lead the cowboys to their rightful exit in the NFC Championship Game

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Isn't this the same way the Ray Rice scandal started? Lots of rumors about a video, then people calling bullshit because it was never released. Then suspension. Then video released and everyone is horrified.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I certainly hope it happened, because I want an even more chaotic offseason than last year, and with Johnny in rehab and the combine over I need a good scandal, at least until baseball starts.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Butthead posted:

Isn't this the same way the Ray Rice scandal started? Lots of rumors about a video, then people calling bullshit because it was never released. Then suspension. Then video released and everyone is horrified.

With Rice we already had news of an "altercation" though. With a police report, iirc. With this we don't know what day it supposedly happened, where, with who, etc.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Marketing New Brain posted:

I certainly hope it happened, because I want an even more chaotic offseason than last year, and with Johnny in rehab and the combine over I need a good scandal, at least until baseball starts.

I too wish for people to assault other people for my amusement

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If I had a guess, This is video of one of Bryant's old transgressions. like maybe that time he hit his mom or something.

That's being shopped around to

1. Have the most impact on Bryant
2. Make as much money as possible.

SA2K posted:

To be fair the assault would have happened already anyway. It's not like he's willing the tape into existence by wanting the tape.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Just to be clear I think we all realize that rules of conduct are relaxed when at Walmart I'm just sayin'

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

SA2K posted:

lol get off your high horse, football fan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

nrr posted:

lol get off your high horse, football fan

I only watch for the intellectual part of the game. I turn away when people tackle

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rasczak posted:

Just to be clear I think we all realize that rules of conduct are relaxed when at Walmart I'm just sayin'

Walmart fights are the best loving fights. They bring me back to a time and remind me of the style of fights you would see in like Middle/High School. You rarely have to worry about someone dying or getting robbed or anything. It's just a nice simple fight over probably stupid poo poo in an aisle.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Butthead posted:

Didn't we have the video of him dragging his fiancee out of the elevator from the very beginning? I can't remember

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

With Rice we already had news of an "altercation" though. With a police report, iirc. With this we don't know what day it supposedly happened, where, with who, etc.

Also, we had the outside of the elevator footage, you know the one where he was dragging his unconscious fiancee off an elevator. The same footage that Goodell and the Ravens said was only part of the story and misleading until the footage of him coldcocking her was released.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SA2K posted:

Get out if you don't watch fight sports.

swickles posted:

Also, we had the outside of the elevator footage, you know the one where he was dragging his unconscious fiancee off an elevator. The same footage that Goodell and the Ravens said was only part of the story and misleading until the footage of him coldcocking her was released.

Good lord that story got so twisted and weird I've forgotten half of it. :psyduck: It is going to make an amazing 30 for 30 someday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Word around the DFW area is that Cowboys reps weren't aware that this was a thing until after Dez started complaining about it being used to sour negotiations. I want that to be true as much as I want the video to be bullshit and fake. I want Dez to be a Cowboy AND for him to stop getting into stupid trouble.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Get out if you don't watch fight sports.

I'm buying Mayweather/Pacquiao. You can come over if you bring good beer

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Ray Rice got arrested. You can't deny the tangible proof of a police report. When the video dropped shortly after the news was already confirmed.

We have no such police report, just a bunch of hack reporters cheekily suggesting something might be coming. This story is bullshit

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SA2K posted:

I'm buying Mayweather/Pacquiao. You can come over if you bring good beer

You're alright in my book. :clint:

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Febreeze posted:

Ray Rice got arrested. You can't deny the tangible proof of a police report. When the video dropped shortly after the news was already confirmed.

We have no such police report, just a bunch of hack reporters cheekily suggesting something might be coming. This story is bullshit

If it were bullshit, then why double down and say it 'might' be released tomorrow?

I think there are 3 scenarios:

1. There is a video and info is being leaked to Florio. The person with the video might be waiting to release it to see if Dez's reps offer any hush money.

2. There is no video. Florio has no idea though and he is just repeating what some troll is telling him.

3. There is no video and Florio is making it all up for page clicks.

In my opinion, if it were scenario #3, Florio wouldn't double down on his claim by saying the video is going to be released shortly.

That leaves just scenario 1 and 2. So is it more likely that Dez beat the poo poo out of someone and it was caught on video but police were not involved, or Florio is being trolled by someone that realizes Florio is desperate this time of year and willing to publish any juicy bullshit. Could go 50/50 in my book.

Butthead fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 25, 2015

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Butthead posted:

If it were bullshit, then why double down and say it 'might' be released tomorrow?

I think there are 3 scenarios:

1. There is a video and info is being leaked to Florio. The person with the video might be waiting to release it to see if Dez's reps offer any hush money.

2. There is no video. Florio has no idea though and he is just repeating what some troll is telling him.

3. There is no video and Florio is making it all up for page clicks.

In my opinion, if it were scenario #3, Florio wouldn't double down on his claim by saying the video is going to be released shortly.

That leaves just scenario 1 and 2. So is it more likely that Dez beat the poo poo out of someone and it was caught on video but police were not involved, or Florio is being trolled by someone that realizes Florio is desperate this time of year and willing to publish any juicy bullshit. Could go 50/50 in my book.

Except Florio has double downed on poo poo before that went no where. They guy is a professional hack. Even if something does come out, then its a broken clock is right twice a day and would do nothing to change my opinion. If Schefter or Glazer reported this, I would be inclined to believe it but Florio is a terrible person who deserves to be the bottom of the beat writer pool for the Browns or some poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Except Florio has double downed on poo poo before that went no where. They guy is a professional hack. Even if something does come out, then its a broken clock is right twice a day and would do nothing to change my opinion. If Schefter or Glazer reported this, I would be inclined to believe it but Florio is a terrible person who deserves to be the bottom of the beat writer pool for the Browns or some poo poo.

The Browns manufacture stories. A proper doom for a hack is anonymity. Exile him to the Titan beat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wanted to beat up a woman who went into the "exit only" in the Chick Fil A parking lot and cut in front of me in line. She was a middle aged, southern, white woman which is my least favorite demographic.

"I want a chicken strip meal with sweet tea."

lol who gets the strips at Chick Fil A

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I saw reports of this yesterday it must not be very good or tmz would have already bought it. Whatever send Dez to Indy we have a lot of walmarts full of people to beat up and pockets full of cash.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

I wanted to beat up a woman who went into the "exit only" in the Chick Fil A parking lot and cut in front of me in line. She was a middle aged, southern, white woman which is my least favorite demographic.

Or tea-flavored molten sugar :barf:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Was it on a Black Friday?

I think Walmart black Fridays are exempt from all laws so he would be alright

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I either get the strips or chargrilled sandwich you douchebag >:-(

Our friendship is on timeout. For... 24 hours.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Jesus Christ. Pay Dez his loving money and let the man play football. Wasn't Florio the guy who reported that the police came to his house 6 times? For poo poo like Dez being robbed or locking his keys in the car with a baby inside, you know, poo poo you would normally call the police for? Or was it that scumbag Rapoport?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Athanatos posted:

Was it on a Black Friday?

I think Walmart black Fridays are exempt from all laws so he would be alright

They had to base The Purge on something.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
This is massively lovely on all fronts. If you have proof, use because you're a good person, not because you want to hype it up. This isn't Black Mirror or whatever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Dez beating the poo poo out of Florio would be ok in my book.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Parmesan Basil posted:

This is massively lovely on all fronts. If you have proof, use because you're a good person, not because you want to hype it up. This isn't Black Mirror or whatever.

is dez bryant going to have sex with a pig

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I can only assume that these websites don't have the video themselves, but it has been described to them and they think they're going to get it

and the holdup is that the people who have it got it illegally (employees making a copy of store video for instance) and they're getting scurred

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ehud posted:

is dez bryant going to have sex with a pig

Please, Mr. Ireland, you gotta let it go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Info via someone who "appearently" has seen screenshots. Take with all the grains of salt

https://twitter.com/JaywanInc

quote:

This is what the general public doesn't understand about the Dez Bryant video...

The video was recorded by his now former friends. He was hanging around some pretty dark people. Now they aren't friends anymore.

So his ex-friends decided it was time for a pay day. However, noone is going to have possession of that tape until they pay. Whoever it is.

In conclusion, to Cowboys Nation: We don't have the tape. We have screenshots. And we're not leaking anything. Dont need a Cowboys lawsuit.

A deadline was set by Bryant's former friends/extortionists for today for either TMZ or Bryant's team to purchase the tape.

THAT is why there are reports of the tape leaking today. What happens from here on out is between Dez, TMZ, and his former friends.

Legal says I'm not at liberty to comment on the content of the screenshots yet.

• Locked thread