Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

Hey guys I got here as fast as I could.

gently caress Jeff Ireland :colbert:

That's the best post all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm surprised ESPN hasn't gone all in on this immediately. Have they learned their lesson from Deflate Gate?

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

what's five times worse than Ray rice anyway. Did he literally murder somebody

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool and good. posted:

He hit a white woman?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Moneyball posted:

I'm surprised ESPN hasn't gone all in on this immediately. Have they learned their lesson from Deflate Gate?

They will talk about nothing but this for weeks if the tape is confirmed to be real and involves Dez hitting a woman.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

He hit a white woman?

That's 2 fifths worse.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Moneyball posted:

The fact that we can't get a straight answer from anybody on anything here is probably keeping them off, not quite enough evidence to run with anything yet. Schefter's comments make it sound like legal issues, but the vagueness of his answers makes me wonder if he's getting strung along, too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cool and good. posted:

Going by NFL punishments, pissing hot for the 3rd time on your drug test.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chichevache posted:

That's 2 fifths worse.
Your logic only really stands if it was a white dude hitting a white female vs a white dude hitting a black female

You then have to add the black multiplier, since it was a black dude hitting a white female. which exponentially raises the outrage and "badness" of the act.

A Black man hitting a defenseless and pristine white woman is like the worst combination of violence you could have. Outside of maybe a Black dude killing dogs. in which case holy poo poo, worst human being ever.

Febreeze posted:

The fact that we can't get a straight answer from anybody on anything here is probably keeping them off, not quite enough evidence to run with anything yet. Schefter's comments make it sound like legal issues, but the vagueness of his answers makes me wonder if he's getting strung along, too.

Could be there are minors involve that you have to worry about protecting. Maybe Dez himself was a minor. Everything is pointing to this being a fairly old video from the rumblings around the internets

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Franchise Dez. Draft DGB and Marcus Peters. Trade for AD. Sign Ray Rice. gently caress it.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

btw that "jaywan inc" dude talking about the video from pg 1 is a fraud http://hiphopwired.com/2013/10/11/producer-slanders-kanye-west-mmg-via-twitter/ http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jaywa...llinois-1135077 some fake rear end "producer" lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cool and good. posted:

what's five times worse than Ray rice anyway

wearing beats by dre as you do it

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
It's really weird that Schefter has been working on this since September and yet nothing has still come out and he won't say poo poo about it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Your logic only really stands if it was a white dude hitting a white female vs a white dude hitting a black female

You then have to add the black multiplier, since it was a black dude hitting a white female. which exponentially raises the outrage and "badness" of the act.

A Black man hitting a defenseless and pristine white woman is like the worst combination of violence you could have. Outside of maybe a Black dude killing dogs. in which case holy poo poo, worst human being ever.

Could be there are minors involve that you have to worry about protecting. Maybe Dez himself was a minor. Everything is pointing to this being a fairly old video from the rumblings around the internets

Can someone make a chart or something for this poo poo? I just feel like visual would help me understand this better.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
So someone has a video of a crime taking place and their course of action is to put it up for auction instead of turning it in to the police. I'm pretty sure that is illegal. Might want to rethink that.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Maybe he's not a catch after all

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Cool and good. posted:

btw that "jaywan inc" dude talking about the video from pg 1 is a fraud http://hiphopwired.com/2013/10/11/producer-slanders-kanye-west-mmg-via-twitter/ http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jaywa...llinois-1135077 some fake rear end "producer" lol

quote:

I would like to report this company as a unethical and internet scam site.
this company is both unethical and internet....hosed up combo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Burger Trench posted:

Transcript:

quote:

Carmen and Jurko: Have you seen it?

Schefter: I have not seen it.

Makes me wonder what else Schefter knows about and has tucked away, heh.

This seems like the pertinent part of the transcript at this point

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Can someone make a chart or something for this poo poo? I just feel like visual would help me understand this better.

White Men > Dogs > White Females =>* Wealthy Minority Males > Minority males > Minority Females > LBGT

*Depends on public perception. Like a Bill Cosby might be able to get away with it, but a someone like Dez Bryant couldn't.

It's really pretty simple.

Butthead posted:

So someone has a video of a crime taking place and their course of action is to put it up for auction instead of turning it in to the police. I'm pretty sure that is illegal. Might want to rethink that.

It could be a situation where it was already "handled" via the justice system. And he already did whatever his punishment/ paied out whatever his settlement was

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Look, I'm not saying it's complicated, but I feel like writing it out like a federal statute in full legalese will definitely make for a fun read.

The bar graphs can be represented as jail bars for extra laughs.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Cool and good. posted:

I just assumed it was like this but with five women

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It works something like a points system. You take the points of the hitter and subtract the point of the hittee. Example Mike Vick (0) killing dogs (10) give him a -10 which is horrible monster range. Ray Rice (0) hitting girlfriend who I guess from prior posts is 2/5 black? Don't know for sure let's say 4 is a negative 4, or just a horrible jerk. Josh Gordon (0) hitting a Joint (10) make him as bad Vick.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Maybe the video is of Dez betting on the Broncos in Super Bowl 48 while simultaneously explaining to a group of shocked onlookers why Sriracha sauce is overrated.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
All of this makes no sense. How does a Star NFL player beat someone up at a Wal Mart and it not make local or National news immediately or at least go viral with someone screaming World Star in the background?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

AfterFather posted:

All of this makes no sense. How does a Star NFL player beat someone up at a Wal Mart and it not make local or National news immediately or at least go viral with someone screaming World Star in the background?

The speculation is that its an old video from before his NFL days.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

Maybe the video is of Dez betting on the Broncos in Super Bowl 48 while simultaneously explaining to a group of shocked onlookers why Sriracha sauce is overrated.

This seems most likely.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's a lot of smoke here but drat if im not stumped thinking about what is on that tape - so many people are weird about disclosing what they've seen, etc. Slander/libel is always a concern however it'd be easy to defend if he saw stills.

So my thought immediately jumps to - this tape is illegal to even freakin possess

It's been hit before about it being stolen security tape, but how would his friends know to go get it and confiscate it before police? That's wire type poo poo. Maybe underage girl?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

The speculation is that its an old video from before his NFL days.

If that's the case there's going to be a whole lot of paranoia in Dez's camp as he enters FA for the first time.

I still think this is probably all nothing. And if it is it there's a reason for all the hush hush about it. Bryant has had over inflated rumors around him since he was a rookie. Until a video is actually released I'm not going down that beaten road.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know, but I'd presume, if it's anything, that a Walmart security guy stole and sold it to someone who's now trying to either get Dez to pony up or one of the rags. Also if it's prior to his NFL career, it won't matter much. I'd presume if anything, it was from last summer.

If the seller's fishing it out there, Schefter will hear about that from his buddies at TMZ or whatever, but it's not like any of the legitimate reporters are going to touch that without proof, but they can at least start digging into it themselves and get a story ready.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I saw the video, it is Dez in an UNLICENSED eagles jersey. He will be banned for life.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

There's a lot of smoke here but drat if im not stumped thinking about what is on that tape - so many people are weird about disclosing what they've seen, etc. Slander/libel is always a concern however it'd be easy to defend if he saw stills.

So my thought immediately jumps to - this tape is illegal to even freakin possess

It's been hit before about it being stolen security tape, but how would his friends know to go get it and confiscate it before police? That's wire type poo poo. Maybe underage girl?

It's actually a snuff film. Pretty sure those are illegal to have.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

axeil posted:

It's actually a snuff film. Pretty sure those are illegal to have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X929OTinXos&t=37s

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
He probably got caught beating the poo poo out of his mom.

He's had the police called on him for it before and she's suggested he's done it for a while.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I saw the video, it is Dez in an UNLICENSED eagles jersey. He will be banned for life.
With HE HATE ME printed on it

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
This thing has legs. When can I get a hold of this video I will pay in bitcoins.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the video is of Dez Bryant doing a TD celebration longer than 5 seconds

when Goodell saw it he puked and is suing for mental distress

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

If this is true, I really hope the reason it hasn't been released yet is because Jerry Jones has been painstakingly trying to cover it up with bribes and threats.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Am I the only one praying this is true because of how boring my life currently is

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

Am I the only one praying this is true because of how boring my life currently is

It would be loving nice to have a big controversy so soon into the offseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Maybe underage girl?

As soon as I started reading this post I started wondering the same thing. Considering there are rumors of old friends being involved this could be something like the Steubenville rapes. Maybe a cellphone video taken by one of Dez's friends of him committing an assault on a minor? It could explain why there isn't a police report or prior news of an incident, while also explaining why the tape itself is illegal to possess without them having to jump through the hoop of getting security footage before law enforcement can.

Obviously I'm speculating with no info, but does that sound plausible to you from a legal standpoint?

• Locked thread