Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

psyopmonkey posted:

Ive never gotten those. Mine have been relevant and from reputable organizations.

But, im also not a code monkey so...

IA/NetOps>Programmer

:colbert:

ook ook ak ak goto considered harmful?!?! *throws feces*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Mozi posted:

ook ook ak ak goto considered harmful?!?! *throws feces*

*Shuts port

:colbert:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
have you got money op. because if so you can chill out and go outside and poo poo, gently caress rushing into finding a new job

if you don't have money goondolences I guess :frogbon:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i will probably take a week to be a big piece of garbage before i search in earnest

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

BKPR posted:

i will probably take a week to be a big piece of garbage before i search in earnest

Real post: I would advise against this, it's just kind of depressing. Better to submit a few applications and feel a modicum of accomplishment IMO.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Your company probably laid you off so some rear end in a top hat on the board of directors has more money to 'go on sabbatical' for the summer.

Don't feel so bad about being a piece of poo poo and using up every dollar of unemployment insurance you can get.

Just be sure you do something interesting or semi productive (or have a convincing enough lie thought up) so you don't look like some sadsack who spent a year playing WoW and smoking weed.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
no one will hire you if you're unemployed so u should probably just retire

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

EvilJoven posted:

Don't feel so bad about being a piece of poo poo and using up every dollar of unemployment insurance you can get.

Just be sure you do something interesting or semi productive (or have a convincing enough lie thought up) so you don't look like some sadsack who spent a year playing WoW and smoking weed.

LOL if you don't think his state is going to do everything they can do deny him UE benefits. If you do get them though volunteer a little until you find a new job.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BKPR posted:

Lol you live paycheck to the next. Scrub poor style

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Unless they have legit documentation of you loving up big time, you can easily get unemployment. You might have to take it to court, but lawyers love that poo poo and will do it easily. I'm in middle management and it sucks that we can't just fire people who are assholes without documented disciplinary actions.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Considering the fact that most employees actually want to work and feel a sense of accomplishment and most people in upper management are sociopaths who are willing to destroy the lives of their subordinates for profit or to satiate their own twisted egos I'd rather keep the laws that protect employees in place even if it means the odd person can coast their way to a working class paycheck.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

EvilJoven posted:

Considering the fact that most employees actually want to work and feel a sense of accomplishment and most people in upper management are sociopaths who are willing to destroy the lives of their subordinates for profit or to satiate their own twisted egos I'd rather keep the laws that protect employees in place even if it means the odd person can coast their way to a working class paycheck.

hot take

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
There's no excuse to have no job at all. Every gas station I go into has a thing on the door saying that they are hiring, plus plenty of other lovely retail jobs as long as you show up without a crack pipe behind your ear you can get those jobs. Get any job and start looking for something close to whatever you are about to be fired from

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

vug posted:

have you got money op. because if so you can chill out and go outside and poo poo, gently caress rushing into finding a new job

if you don't have money goondolences I guess :frogbon:

goondolences to your family because i'm going to eat you when the revolution starts

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Be sure to enter the realm of "have given up looking for employment" as fast as possible so you don't make the official unemployment numbers look bad. You wouldn't want to be racist, would you?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you should get a trust fund from your parents so you only have to work if you feel like it

really makes life great

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Fonzarelli posted:

you should get a trust fund from your parents so you only have to work if you feel like it

really makes life great

*writes "Fonzarelli" on menu board*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
disability insurance fraud

sexual harrassment

drug bender

hth

• Locked thread