Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chikara Pro Wrestling. The indie promotion so obnoxious that it gets its own thread separate from the regular indie wrestling thread. Mike Quackenbush’s pride and joy is kicking into its 15th season, which happens to be the first full season since 2012. The “white boy lucha” promotion uses a lot of comedy and far-out comic book storytelling. While you’re bound to get some outside-the-box angles, the nice thing – and one of the reasons they’re able to keep such a fanbase – is that the stories are well thought-out. It’s rare that something doesn’t get any payoff and everything appears to be sketched out far in advance.

Don’t worry about the details unless you want to. One of the big plot devices of Chikara is the Eye of Tyr, a mind-controlling artifact that UltraMantis Black brought into the company back in 2009. Since then, it’s played a role in various angles, but you don’t need to know its backstory to understand what’s going on. Just know that it’s a magic doohickey that alters minds. Usually, the commentary booth are good at getting you caught up.

Chikara’s main drawback is how they’ve become a bit too independent for their own good. King of Trios was hurt by the lack of outside teams, even if it was still a fantastic trio of shows. Recently, they’ve decided to step away a bit from Smart Mark Video by filming and editing on their own. Judging from their first show, this is a big, big mistake. The point of this is mostly to use their own site as a place to buy all Chikara shows and even buy matches on their own, kind of like iTunes.

Previously on Chikara...

Season 14 was about Chikara’s grand return where Icarus defeated Eddie Kingston to win the Grand Championship. Already there was a war between the Chikara faithful and the Flood, a stable made up of other anti-Chikara stables. At the end of the initial show, the Flood’s final end boss leader Deucalion showed himself and started laying waste to the Chikara roster. Throughout the year, he killed off the likes of Kobald, deviANT, Estonian Thunderfrog, Latvian Proud Oak, Equinox III, Create-a-Wrestler II, Archibald Peck and the Shard. Thunderfrog also murdered Tursas. At the finale, Icarus challenged Deucalion to a non-title cage match where not only did Icarus win, but he used Thunderfrog’s magic hammer to take Deucalion down for good. Since then, what’s left of the Flood has disbanded and Chikara can move on.

The Challenge of the Immortals

As of this writing, we’re two shows into season 15. Recently, it was announced that 2015 would be home to a massive round robin tournament called the Challenge of the Immortals. The last time they did a big round robin variation was 2011 with the 12 Large Summit, which ended fine enough, but was met with all sorts of problems due to a couple wrestlers either leaving (Claudio) or getting injured (Amasis, Vin Gerard). This one sidesteps the problem by being stable-based, so if someone’s off the table, they can write around that.

Ten captains had to draft teams of four. Their teams will face all the other teams twice, giving us a total of 90 matches. Ahead of time, the captains will agree on what kind of match it will be: singles, tag, trios or atomicos. They just can’t do the same match type twice. Each victory gets the team a point and whoever has the most points at the end get free title shots whenever they want them.

Here are the teams. I’ll add more pics once the site’s roster page includes them.

The Wrecking Crew

Members: Max Smashmaster (captain), Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch and Jaka
Affiliation: Rudo

The Wrecking Crew is a stable run by King of Managers and all-around anachronistic scumbag Sidney Bakabella, made up of the unstoppable trio of the Devastation Corporation (Smashmaster, McMassive and Rumblecrunch), the wild savage Jaka and doofy Viking guy Oleg the Usurper. The Devastation Corporation outright dominated 2014 by winning King of Trios as well as Max and Blaster winning the tag titles. Already, the two have been racking up singles wins and their momentum makes them a favorite to win the Challenge of the Immortals. Since there are only four spots, they made sure that Oleg was somebody else’s problem.

Dasher’s Dugout

Members: Dasher Hatfield (captain), Mr. Touchdown, Icarus and Heidi Lovelace
Affiliation: Tecnico

Dasher Hatfield and “Mr. Touchdown” Marc Angelosetti, the Throwbacks, spent much of 2014 as the tag champs before losing them to the Devastation Corporation. Earlier in the year, they teamed up with Grand Champion Icarus to enter the King of Trios tournament, only to lose in the finals to the Devastation Corporation. The three are going to try and redeem themselves, while adding new Young Lions Cup champion Heidi Lovelace.

The Arcane Horde

Members: UltraMantis Black (captain), Kodama, Obariyon and Oleg the Usurper
Affiliation: Mostly Tecnico

UltraMantis just came off a bittersweet victory at the end of the last season when he finally defeated his longtime rival Delirious in a match where the loser would leave Chikara. Delirious used the mystical Eye of Tyr to turn UltraMantis’ teammates Hallowicked and Frightmare against him. Hallowicked warned UltraMantis not to recruit any underlings for their impending war, but UltraMantis has been handpicked to be a team captain, so there you go. After a drafting war against Smashmaster and a series of trades, UltraMantis has finally settled on his team. Kodama and Obariyon of the Batiri have been allies and enemies to UltraMantis in years prior, but they’ve been aimless since losing their little buddy Kobald and need direction. The fourth member is Oleg, who UltraMantis was reluctant to include. Not only does he simply not like him, but the rest of the Wrecking Crew consider him to be an idiot who they like to blame for any of their losses.

The Gentlemen’s Club

Members: Chuck Taylor (captain), Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy and Swamp Monster
Affiliation: ???

Chuck Taylor started out 2015 on a bad foot after failing to capture the Grand Championship against Icarus. Tasked with coming up with his own team, he went the familiar route and brought in his buddies from the Gentlemen’s Club. The team includes expert grappler “The Legal Eagle” Drew Gulak, the krunk-yet-capable “Freshly Squeezed” Orange Cassidy and the mysterious and smelly Swamp Monster. They’ve only showed up as a team a couple times in Chikara, but have worked together many times across the indies. They’ve even starred in their own not-so-family-friendly YouTube series.

Nightmare Warriors

Members: Hallowicked (captain), Frightmare, Silver Ant and Blind Rage
Affiliation: Mostly Rudo

Ever since having their minds altered by the Eye of Tyr, Hallowicked and Frightmare have been a mystery. They debuted sinister, new attire in the season premiere and have been more cutthroat in their actions. Hallowicked, who spent years only speaking in gibberish, is now speaking clearly, mentioning stuff about the Cannibal Prince and the Lord of Rot, whatever that means. The zombie wrestler Blind Rage has been an ally of Hallowicked in the past, which makes enough sense, even if he’s been just as friendly with UltraMantis. The more interesting draft choice is Silver Ant – formerly Green Ant – of the Colony, who has nothing to do with any of this madness. Yet.

Bruderschaft des Kreuzes

Members: Jakob Hammermeier (captain), Soldier Ant, Nokken and Pinkie Sanchez

The BDK has existed in various forms for years, but in 2014, Jakob Hammermeier took over as leader. In the original incarnation, Jakob was the lowly ring announcer and later bottom-of-the-barrel wrestler. After the team folded, he was Tim Donst’s hanger-on, which went sour once Donst had a mental breakdown and became physically and psychologically abusive. Jakob turned on him before vanishing and instead of coming out of it a good guy, the crowd’s sympathy gave Jakob a bit of a complex. Under the guise of Dr. Cube, he sabotaged and took over the returning BDK from within, having his personal monster Nokken crush former leader Ares and kick him out of Chikara. He also brought back original BDK member Pinkie Sanchez, who spent months disguised as one of Dr. Cube’s underlings.

Rounding out the team is Soldier Ant, formerly from the Colony. After a managerial mandate caused Soldier to be removed from the Colony, as well as several other setbacks that hurt his morale, Soldier quit Chikara and went missing. Not even his old team could find him. He returned over a year later as part of the Flood, no longer the ant he once was. Whether it’s the Eye of Tyr’s doing or extensive brainwashing, Soldier Ant has become the Winter Soldier Ant. Not only is he focused on ending the careers of the Colony, but he’s also stronger and virtually impervious to pain.

Battle Hive

Members: Amasis (captain), Fire Ant, Worker Ant and Ashley Remington

Amasis and Ophidian are the Osirian Portal and despite being in contention for the tag titles, they’re both team captains here and are forced to compete against each other. Regardless, Amasis has put together a fairly strong team that includes popular newcomer “Smooth Sailing” Ashley Remington, a yacht enthusiast rich with both money and class, though with a little bit of a temper that’s yet to be fully unleashed. Then there’s Fire Ant and Worker Ant (formerly assailANT) of the Colony, who have been having their problems combating Soldier Ant. Fire really doesn’t want to have to fight him and even put a bit of a crack in Soldier’s programming at the season premiere by saluting him while being strangled.

The Snake Pit

Members: Ophidian (captain), Eddie Kingston, Shynron and Argus

The other half of the Osirian Portal has his own unique team of individuals. Eddie Kingston is one of the top names in Chikara, whose lengthy title reign and eventual loss drove him to madness and depression. Though his head is on a little straighter, he’s still frustrated due to having earned a title shot, only to lose it after Kevin Condron cheated in a match and beat him by disqualification. The high-flyer Shynron won the Rey de Voladores tournament in 2014, but has otherwise kept a low-profile. Then there’s Argus, a weirdo rookie from Chikara’s developmental promotion Wrestling is Fun, who appears to be some kind of mute Aztec robot reptile man who competes with his “gecko-roman” grappling style. While a well-rounded team, Ophidian's mindset might make him a liability. So far, his recent strings of failures have made him question the gods he worships and he might be falling off the deep end soon enough.

United Nations

Members: Juan Francisco de Coronado (captain), Mr. Azerbaijan, Prakash Sabar and the Proletariat Boar of Moldova

Juan Francisco has been a lone wolf since showing up. The hated aristocrat from Ecuador almost became Grand Champion last year, but failed, much like he failed to defeat his rival Ashley Remington at the 2014 finale. He’s chosen to work with the trio known as the Bloc Party, three evil foreigners who really haven’t had much to do since their heroic opposites the Baltic Siege were annihilated by Deucalion last year. The trio is made up of aging sexy man Mr. Azerbaijan, the hate-filled Proletariat Boar of Moldova and the X-Pac enthusiast Prakash Sabar.

Crown & Court

Members: Princess Kimber Lee (captain), Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream and Ice Cream Jr.

Welp. These guys aren’t winning. Formerly the manager of Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy, Princess Kimber Lee has become a fan favorite for her ability to take on even the biggest male opponents. Polite gentleman Jervis Cottonbelly has regularly assisted her since she broke away from Knight Eye. During a match, El Hijo del Ice Cream befriended Kimber Lee due to how she reminds him of Elsa from Frozen. After she drafted him, El Hijo begged the princess to draft his brother. Kimber Lee folded to his demands and now has a sweet team on her hands, but also a team of dudes with horrible win/loss records.

The rest of the roster...

Colony XTREME Force: Missile Assault Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant and Orbit Adventure Ant were brought in as a blatant instance of franchising the Colony name, but with the Colony all split up and the Flood done with, there’s no real point to these guys. As of the season premiere, the team appears to be falling to pieces.

Kevin Condron: Kid Cyclone looked to be a can’t-miss prospect, but he was disgusted by how his Chikara mentors weren’t doing enough about Deucalion. He and his fellow masked friends called Deucalion out at King of Trios and Kid Cyclone was forced to watch them murdered in front of his eyes. He escaped and the situation drove him mad. He came back at the season finale and attacked Eddie Kingston with a wrench before unmasking and revealing that he didn’t want to be Kid Cyclone anyway. The Lithuanian Snow Troll, once forced to be Jimmy Jacobs’ chained attack dog slave, now worships and follows Condron.

Volgar: Dude was Jimmy Jacobs’ bodyguard. He’s still on the roster, but with the Flood done with, who knows what he’s all about.

NRG: Race Jaxon and Hype Rockwell are the new High Energy. Seriously, they wear the same outfits and are interracial and everything. The hook is that Hype is the one constantly stuck driving them to shows while Race gets to sleep during the rides. That means that Race is super pumped during their matches while Hype is constantly falling asleep.

3.0: Shane Matthews and Scott Parker played a big role in bringing Chikara back from death, but due to some real life issues with Matthews’ Twitter being filled with misogynistic crap, a chunk of the crowd has turned on them. They lost a tag title shot at the end of season 2014 and have since not been booked. They might be working towards a heel turn, but they also might be kept away for a bit due to their negative reactions.

The Return of Thunderfrog: The Estonian Thunderfrog succeeded in slaying Tursas in 2014, but the next night, Deucalion killed Thunderfrog in return. Since then, Jervis has been broken about losing his best friend and judging from his Twitter, he’s been trying to figure out a way to bring back the dead. After the 2014 finale ended, we got a scene of Thunderfrog being reborn as a regular frog wearing a cape. Surely, this should be a time for celebration, but recently Tursas’ appeared on Twitter to note that when Thunderfrog escaped the afterlife, the monstrous Viking beast returned as well. That doesn’t bode well.

Then again, I guess it does, since Tursas loving owns. In the meantime, he and Nokken are acting as a tag team in other indie promotions. Sweet.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

March 7 - North Carolina
* Chuck Taylor vs Trevor Lee

Sold! Thanks

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I haven't payed any attenton to Chikara since the Under the Hood iPPV, what in the name of loving nerds is Icarus' new gear?

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

njsykora posted:

I haven't payed any attenton to Chikara since the Under the Hood iPPV, what in the name of loving nerds is Icarus' new gear?

The Greatest Chikaran Hero would be my guess.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I think you'll find its "got to hide this lovely tattoo" wear.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Quackenbush hand me downs?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I think you'll find its "got to hide this lovely tattoo" wear.

It's the best way for Icarus to stay face. Cover up all tattoos.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Google image search Greatest American hero. The suit's a ripoff of that guy's outfit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

njsykora posted:

Like mentioned, it's a mix between covering up that tattoo and paying homage to the Greatest American Hero.

Back in 2013, right before Chikara "died" they were setting up Eddie Kingston defending the belt against Icarus while both were in the middle of slow-burn turns. Eddie was practically a tweener while Icarus was building up a face turn. Part of it had to do with Marty Jannetty showing up for a couple shows. Icarus started bringing up how he was a huge Jannetty fan growing up and it led to him competing in the title match in Jannetty's old 90's tights. Coincidentally, the outfit mostly covered his back tattoo, making it easier for everyone to cheer him on.

Icarus wore that until National Pro Wrestling Day '14. He announced Chikara's return and they immediately tweeted a version of the Chikara logo that looked like the Greatest American Hero logo along with the caption "Believe it or not..." To build on that (and Icarus driving around to the show's theme during the Ashes videos), Icarus showed up like that at the big return show. Again, no sign of the tattoo. He has a better, blue version that he mostly wears when teaming up with the Throwbacks.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

King of Trios has been announced for September 4-6 (Labor Day weekend) and will once again be in Easton. So yay, super cheap hotels!

Edit: Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Young Bucks) announced as team #1. Nice.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 1, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gavok posted:

King of Trios has been announced for September 4-6 (Labor Day weekend) and will once again be in Easton. So yay, super cheap hotels!

Nice to see they're actually getting some big name US talent at least. I remember thinking that the Bucks would've been a logical choice last year since they seem to be on good terms with Quack.

While I'm a huge NJPW fan, I gotta say there was one guy out there who would've been a better choice than AJ to complete the trio.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Remember that time Alvarez worked Chikara for some reason? Weird.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kinda wish it was Omega instead of AJ, just because he seems better suited to CHIKARA.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My friend just told me he already got tickets to night 3. First Chikara show I ever went to was KOT 2011 night 3 and it was some of the most fun I ever had. Can't wait.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kinda wish it was Omega instead of AJ, just because he seems better suited to CHIKARA.

AJ is good enough to work anywhere, but yeah, I agree that Omega's comedy would be perfect for Chikara

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Oddly enough I think Omega would actually have ended up being more expensive for Chikara than Styles.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

AJ is good enough to work anywhere, but yeah, I agree that Omega's comedy would be perfect for Chikara

Oh yeah, this isn't about my perception of AJ's ability to work; I think he's top 10 in the world right now. I just think Kenny is pretty drat good himself and his silliness in PWG leads me to believe Chikara crowds would love him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Omega lives in Japan now so they'd have to get that flight whereas Young Bucks and Styles are still America-based. That's probably what was the deciding factor.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Front Row for all 3 nights is already sold out in just under 8 hours of being on sale. Considering they were $75 each, that's pretty good. I guess they didn't overprice them this year.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

Alright, they're probably going to get to the finals.

They should just reunite the golden lovers in a very tense teamup. Put some Jersey Pro wrestling guy that Omega loves to round out the team. Or super best friends of Omega, Taylor and Gargano/Trent, if there weren't even more reasons that team would never happen.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Even if Omega's not on the Bullet Club's KOT team, he could still show up for non-tournament matches that weekend. Rey de Voladores, or some big atomicos thing on Night 3.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Fan Conclave tickets are free if you buy at least one ticket for each night as a bundle.
I'm super excited.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I like Omega, but if they're springing for trans-Pacific plane tickets and booking fees for a NJPW guy, it gotta be MiSu. They could easily do a Suzuki-gun team of MiSu+KES and he's done so much great comedy poo poo in Japanese dinky indies. Hell, "The Man With the Worst Personality in the World" vs. the "World's Sweetest Man" would obviously be a natural.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

Front Row for all 3 nights is already sold out in just under 8 hours of being on sale. Considering they were $75 each, that's pretty good. I guess they didn't overprice them this year.

Man, I missed out. I'm instead going row 3, row 1 and row 3 for the weekend. Hurts that they dropped the option for row 4.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Thauros posted:

I like Omega, but if they're springing for trans-Pacific plane tickets and booking fees for a NJPW guy, it gotta be MiSu. They could easily do a Suzuki-gun team of MiSu+KES and he's done so much great comedy poo poo in Japanese dinky indies. Hell, "The Man With the Worst Personality in the World" vs. the "World's Sweetest Man" would obviously be a natural.

This really has to be a match that happens at some point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hasn't Chikara used Mecha Mummy before? Seems like a slam dunk, if so.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Wazzu posted:

Alright, they're probably going to get to the finals.

They should just reunite the golden lovers in a very tense teamup. Put some Jersey Pro wrestling guy that Omega loves to round out the team. Or super best friends of Omega, Taylor and Gargano/Trent, if there weren't even more reasons that team would never happen.
Either that or a dodgy DQ like what happened at BOLA.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hasn't Chikara used Mecha Mummy before? Seems like a slam dunk, if so.

Yeah, he was on a trio with the Osirian Portal one year as "Team Egypt." He was far better as a third man than Escorpion Egipcio.

If I had to hazard a guess, however, I'm thinking some of the trios this year are going to be formed out of the COTI teams.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah, he was on a trio with the Osirian Portal one year as "Team Egypt." He was far better as a third man than Escorpion Egipcio.

If I had to hazard a guess, however, I'm thinking some of the trios this year are going to be formed out of the COTI teams.

Don't forget the great match that was Mecha Mummy vs Ken the Box

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Capsaicin posted:

Don't forget the great match that was Mecha Mummy vs Ken the Box

The best part is that its in the ECW arena, a fitting location for the best street fight of all time.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

This weekend's shows are shaping up. Just one more match for each show to be announced.

Mar. 7 - Gibsonville, NC
* COTI Tag: Dasher's Dugout Good News Bears A League of Our Own Chikara Street Bullies (Icarus & Mr. Touchdown) vs Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare & Silver Ant)
* Hallowicked vs Argus
* Four Corner Elimination Tag: Colony (Fire & Worker Ant) vs Wrecking Crew vs Crown & Court (Kimberlee & Jervis) vs BDK
* COTI Atomicos: The Arcane Horde vs The United Nations
* Dasher Hatfield vs Kevin Condron
* Campeonatos de Parejas, 2/3 Falls: The Devastation Corporation defends vs The Osirian Portal

Mar. 8 - Norfolk, VA
* COTI Atomicos?: The Snake Pit vs Battle Hive
* Four Corner Elimination Tag: N_R_G vs Bloc Party (Sabar & Boar) vs Throwbacks vs Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare & Silver Ant)
* UltraMantis Black vs Volgar
* COTI Atomicos: Crown & Court vs The Wrecking Crew
* Oleg the Usurper vs Hallowicked
* Grand Championship: Icarus defends vs Nøkken

Unfortunately, the website doesn't say whether Wicked/Argus or Wicked/Oleg are considered part of COTI or not. Likewise, it isn't clear if the Snake Pit/Battle Hive match is atomicos or trios or what.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 5, 2015

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Unfortunately, the website doesn't say whether Wicked/Argus or Wicked/Oleg are considered part of COTI or not. Likewise, it isn't clear if the Snake Pit/Battle Hive match is atomicos or trios or what.

I think the Facebook page said it would be a trios match. Amasis, Fire Ant and Worker Ant vs. Ophidian, Argus and Shynron I believe.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are the UK shows part of the storyline, being filmed etc? I'm not sure whether to expect a house show or an actual event at the moment. Really looking forward though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Are the UK shows part of the storyline, being filmed etc? I'm not sure whether to expect a house show or an actual event at the moment. Really looking forward though.

Yep and yep. Every Chikara show "counts."

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I would assume yes and yes. They will be actual events and they will be taped and eventually released in the usual DVD/MP4/VOD formats.

Following peeps have been confirmed for the UK Tour:

Icarus
Devastation Corporation
Chuckie T
Soldier Ant
Eddie Kingston
Hallowicked & Frightmare
UltraMantis Black
N_R_G
Amasis
Worker Ant & Fire Ant
Dasher Hatfield
Los Ice Creams
Jaka
Mr Azerbaijan
Prakash Sabar
Juan Francisco de Coronado
Kodama

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Awesome, gives me an excuse to watch this season properly. Should be a fun show, it's in our Masonic hall which should be interesting.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I watched the first match of NPWD and luckily the production values have improved somewhat. This is probably helped by the venue having better lighting and the fact that not only do they have a third camera, but it's a much-needed hard camera. The sound is better too, since I could actually understand Juan Francisco's promo without needing the subtitles (which are a nice touch). It still needs work and that one guy needs to stop going all Dutch angle on everything, but it's a huge step up from New Start so far.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Final cards for NC/VA--

Mar 7 - Gibsonville, NC
* COTI Tag: Dasher's Dugout (Icarus & Mr. Touchdown) vs Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare & Silver Ant)
* Hallowicked vs Argus
* 4 Corner Elimination: Colony (Fire Ant & Worker Ant) vs The Wrecking Crew vs Crown & Court (Princess Kimberlee & Jervis Cottonbelly) vs The BDK
* COTI Atomicos: The Arcane Horde vs The United Nations
* Dasher Hatfield vs Kevin Condron
* Campeonatos de Parejas, 2/3 Falls: Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive) defends vs The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian)

Mar 8 - Norfolk, VA
* COTI Trios: The Snake Pit vs Battle Hive
* 4 Corner Elimination: N_R_G vs The Bloc Party (Prakash Sabar & Proletariat Boar of Moldova) vs The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) vs Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare & Silver Ant)
* UltraMantis Black vs Volgar
* COTI Atomicos: Crown & Court vs The Wrecking Crew
* Oleg the Usurper vs Hallowicked
* COTI Tag: The Arcane Horde (Obariyon & Kodama) vs The BDK (Jakob Hammermeier & Pinkie Sanchez)
* Grand Championship: Icarus defends vs Nøkken

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm trying to come to terms with the knowledge I'm going to a wrestling show with three loving ants on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm trying to come to terms with the knowledge I'm going to a wrestling show with three loving ants on it.

It'll probably be a fun little show, so go and have fun.

• Locked thread