Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm trying to come to terms with the knowledge I'm going to a wrestling show with three loving ants on it.

Alas, not on the card is the best ant.

MISSILE! ASSAULT! ANT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There was a time long ago when I was genuinely a massive Chikara fan boy, and not the out and out basher of the company I am now. Even then I hated the ants.

I can't explain it, I like all the guys when they aren't wearing those masks, but when they're the ants I just hate them.

I'm sure I'll have fun one way or the other.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Alas, not on the card is the best ant.

MISSILE! ASSAULT! ANT!

The best part of National Pro Wrestling Day was all of the children he scared.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Ants in CHIKARA are like Von Erich boys in WCCW in the 80's. You're gonna get a few of them on the show, but the crowd loves em. And just like WCCW, some of them aren't there cause they're dead.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

DM Punk posted:

Ants in CHIKARA are like Von Erich boys in WCCW in the 80's. You're gonna get a few of them on the show, but the crowd loves em. And just like WCCW, some of them aren't there cause they're dead.

:vince:

But yeah, it's weird that the ants would get to people. I've just sort of accepted the ants as parts of CHIKARA. One of my first memories of CHIKARA was one of the ants (Fire or Green) selling an antennae bite.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 7, 2015

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Final cards for NC/VA--

Mar 7 - Gibsonville, NC
* COTI Tag: Dasher's Dugout (Icarus & Mr. Touchdown) vs Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare & Silver Ant)
* Chuck Taylor vs Trevor Lee
* Hallowicked vs Argus
* 4 Corner Elimination: Colony (Fire Ant & Worker Ant) vs The Wrecking Crew vs Crown & Court (Princess Kimberlee & Jervis Cottonbelly) vs The BDK
* COTI Atomicos: The Arcane Horde vs The United Nations
* Dasher Hatfield vs Kevin Condron
* Campeonatos de Parejas, 2/3 Falls: Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive) defends vs The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian)
My favorites from last time they came to Gibsonville were Ashley Remington and Shynron, and neither are coming back this time. :( And the Trevor Lee match being second up makes me worry it won't have the time to be anything special. :( Oh, well, I already bought my ticket.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I really liked the Ants when I first started watching because they seemed to fit the mold of "live action comic book characters" that Chikara seems to strive for. They're definitely not the best part of the show, but they at least put on some fun tag/trios matches.

Who would you say the most successful "homegrown" Chikara/Wrestle Factory guy is? I was thinking Cesaro, but he was more of a mainstay than a guy created there.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Kingston and Sweeney are the only Wrestle Factory guys I can think of that ever actually had good runs outside of Chikara, and that's probably 'cause they were insane and wouldn't take Quacks poo poo

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Kingston and Sweeney are the only Wrestle Factory guys I can think of that ever actually had good runs outside of Chikara, and that's probably 'cause they were insane and wouldn't take Quacks poo poo

Is Gulak/Soldier Ant a Factory product? He's getting more prominent outside bookings lately.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

My favorites from last time they came to Gibsonville were Ashley Remington and Shynron, and neither are coming back this time. :( And the Trevor Lee match being second up makes me worry it won't have the time to be anything special. :( Oh, well, I already bought my ticket.

Be curious to see how well this draws, it's going against Duke/UNC.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

Is Gulak/Soldier Ant a Factory product? He's getting more prominent outside bookings lately.

I believe he's more of a CZW guy, but he came up around when Chikara/CZW had combined schools so I dunno.

Silver Ant is doing pretty good for himself as well and I'm pretty sure he's a Wrestle Factory guy

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Thauros posted:

Sort of. He was a product of the joint Chikara/CZW wrestle factory, which genuinely produced some great talent. Honestly the talent produced then was some of the best that Quack was involved in training, in no small part because they ended up working a variety of styles.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Here's a picture of John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats with Ultramantis Black.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Be curious to see how well this draws, it's going against Duke/UNC.

Standing room only, and there were people standing.

Weirdest part was the local police had a roadblock checking licenses on the way out of the venue.

The matches were not in the advertised order, but I still wish the Trevor Lee match had been a bit longer.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results out of NC:

1. 4 Corner Elimination Tag: Crown & Court won and have two points.
--1st elimination: The Colony def. The Wrecking Crew
--2nd elimination: Crown & Court def. The BDK
--3rd elimination: Crown & Court def. The Colony

2. Hallowicked def. Argus

3. COTI Tag: Dasher's Dugout def. Nightmare Warriors

4. Chuck Taylor def. Trevor Lee

5. COTI Atomicos: The United Nations def. The Arcane Horde

6. Dasher Hatfield def. Kevin Condron via disqualification when KC hit Dasher with a wrench.

7. Campeonatos de Parejas, 2/3 Falls: Devastation Corporation def. Osirian Portal 2-1 to retain.
--1st fall: Portal wins
--2nd fall: Dev Corp wins
--3rd fall: Dev Corp wins

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Silver Ant is doing pretty good for himself as well and I'm pretty sure he's a Wrestle Factory guy

I know he's done some outside tours (in Japan and such) as Green/Silver Ant, but does he have an alter ego that's doing well on other indies? Spoilers and such for those who care, of course.

quote:

Ultramantis and John Darnielle
This is the best. Go check out the Mountain Goats' new album if you haven't already. The Legend of Chavo Guerrero is a good song.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I read that Condron got really sick during his match and puked a couple times. Also, Bakabella caused Oleg to lose his match by running out and yelling that he was still his minion under contract.

I wouldn't mind if Challenge of the Immortals' final, winner-defining match was something like Oleg vs. Smashmaster where Oleg wins and UltraMantis goes on to become Grand Champion.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

I read that Condron got really sick during his match and puked a couple times. Also, Bakabella caused Oleg to lose his match by running out and yelling that he was still his minion under contract.

I wouldn't mind if Challenge of the Immortals' final, winner-defining match was something like Oleg vs. Smashmaster where Oleg wins and UltraMantis goes on to become Grand Champion.

I wouldn't argue with the result at least.

How much portal dissension was there? Did Ophidian spit mist at Amasis, or are they actually cool with each other for the Challenge of the Immortals?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I was there live. The story of the match with Condron, is that he kept trying to fake cheating on Dasher's part by pretending he had been eye gouged or hair pulled, even tossing the wrench to Dasher at one point to go for an Eddie Guerrero DQ win (it didn't work and Dasher got the rollup as Condron was arguing with Bryce.)

He definitely spit up something all over the ring edge where it met the entrance platform. I really don't know if it was genuine vomit or if it was all a ruse after drinking from a water bottle, but he spit the misty remains of it into the air, which made me think he had tried to fake illness and was playing it up. He also argued with Bryce that he was ill and concussed, which seemed to be in the spirit of the match. Don't recall anybody actually cleaning it up either, but maybe that was just my vantage point.

Also, there was no dissension among the Portal and they left together. After the Osirian Sacrament failed, Ophidian yelled out, "Amasis! Why?!" But if you've been paying attention to his twitter, it sounds like a general "Why?" toward the deities rather than at Amasis himself.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Results out of NC:

6. Dasher Hatfield def. Kevin Condron via disqualification when KC hit Dasher with a wrench.

That one is wrong as OmegaBR said.

OmegaBR posted:

He definitely spit up something all over the ring edge where it met the entrance platform. I really don't know if it was genuine vomit or if it was all a ruse after drinking from a water bottle, but he spit the misty remains of it into the air, which made me think he had tried to fake illness and was playing it up. He also argued with Bryce that he was ill and concussed, which seemed to be in the spirit of the match. Don't recall anybody actually cleaning it up either, but maybe that was just my vantage point.
He walked behind the curtain before doing it both times, seemed like just water. I didn't notice anyone from Chikara bothering to do any clean up, but the CWF booker sent some CWF trainees in after the match with paper towels.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

That one is wrong as OmegaBR said.

He walked behind the curtain before doing it both times, seemed like just water. I didn't notice anyone from Chikara bothering to do any clean up, but the CWF booker sent some CWF trainees in after the match with paper towels.

Yeah, I was going off of inaccurate results when I posted that, looks like.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

OmegaBR posted:

Also, there was no dissension among the Portal and they left together. After the Osirian Sacrament failed, Ophidian yelled out, "Amasis! Why?!" But if you've been paying attention to his twitter, it sounds like a general "Why?" toward the deities rather than at Amasis himself.

Makes sense, since the two of them were pretty understanding and respectful about both being captains. Plus, as I've talked about before, the two feuding would be a terrible idea since they already had a lengthy feud, had a big blow-off, and haven't been back together all that long.

I'm glad that Hallowicked vs. Argus wasn't part of COTI, only because it would have made Ophidian look like the biggest idiot for agreeing to the match. Speaking of COTI, I updated the OP with some more team images. They still have to put up Gentlemen's Club and Dasher's Dugout. Once they get that done, I'll do a big chart to keep track of the tournament.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results out of VA--

1. COTI Tag: Arcane Horde (Batiri) def. BDK (Jakob & Pinkie)
2. Volgar def. UltraMantis Black with help from Hallowicked. Post-match, Condron came out to try to recruit Volgar, claiming to know what his secret is.
3. 4 Corners Elimination: N_R_G won and now has three points.
4. Grand Championship: Icarus def. Nøkken to retain.
5. COTI: Wrecking Crew def. Crown & Court
6. Hallowicked def. Oleg the Usurper
7. COTI Trios: The Snake Pit (Ophidian, Argus, Shynron) def. Battle Hive (Amasis, Fire Ant, Worker Ant) after Ophidian pins Amasis.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's only five matches (of the 90 total) done, but here's a chart to keep track of Challenge of the Immortals.

Eh... the team name text looked better before I saved it. I'll make it bigger next time.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

This is kind of a stupid question but...I bought tickets to the Chikara London show. Should I expect actual tickets in the mail or do I just rock up at the venue?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

reality_groove posted:

This is kind of a stupid question but...I bought tickets to the Chikara London show. Should I expect actual tickets in the mail or do I just rock up at the venue?
Haha you expect them to have their poo poo together. Last time I went to a show I bought tickets the day they came out, and I never got any through the mail. Then they didn't have my name on a list anywhere so I had to go through my emails and prove that I bought tickets and forward that Email onto one of the trainees. If I hadn't had a smart phone I would have been screwed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yeah, pretty sure they've done away with sending out tickets and now just want you to print them out or whatever.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think it's Fight Club Pro that's organising the UK stuff though yeah? Although I'm presuming I'm getting nothing and have my email receipt flagged on my phone like I always do for wrestling shows.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Gavok posted:

Yeah, pretty sure they've done away with sending out tickets and now just want you to print them out or whatever.

And yet for the NC show I didn't get an email when I bought mine, and I didn't have a printer. They did have a list of names and mine was on it, though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I got tickets in the mail for KoT last year and for a new beginning or whatever their Royal Rumble show was

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I tend to go to the Philly and Easton shows and have gotten physical tickets for each one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They used to do that, but I'm pretty sure they said that they aren't doing that for this year's Trios, so I imagine it's the same for the other shows.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

They said that for this year's Trios? I didn't see anything anywhere when I ordered mine. I'll have to make sure to save/print the emails.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

They said that for this year's Trios? I didn't see anything anywhere when I ordered mine. I'll have to make sure to save/print the emails.

I think going forward for all shows, they are just emailing you your "ticket" and telling people to print them out. Not sure how much money they save by not having to print tickets out, but I guess its enough to do it.

AIW does the same thing. You get put on a list and never get a ticket.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 18, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Do they actually need you to print? In a world where 95%+ of the people at their shows has a smartphone? Not making real tickets for costs and logistical reasons is fine, but I'm not dusting off a 10 year old inkjet you morons.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Thanks for the ticket info guys.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

A wrestler just made his debut in Minnesota Extreme Wrestling the other day named the Estonian Farmerfrog. He happens to look like Thunderfrog in overalls with an Amish beard.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

A wrestler just made his debut in Minnesota Extreme Wrestling the other day named the Estonian Farmerfrog. He happens to look like Thunderfrog in overalls with an Amish beard.

Here's the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPzBdi-NbY

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jervis Cottonbelly just tweeted the match to UltraMantis, saying, "I think it is time I see her. Though I am afraid, I must I face my destiny."

Whatever that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Looks like Condron might be adding Oliver Grimsly and Qefka to his group. At the very least they are being really friendly on twitter:

https://twitter.com/olivergrimsly/status/575068944156983297

Also Qefka's twitter is largely emojis.

• Locked thread