Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

So many times I wanted them to book the bWo, but noooo. I'm sure Nova would do one night.

If Nova wrestlers, Leva won't have a spot, so I hope he stays retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Who actually owns the copyright or trademark for the bWo? Wouldn't it be WWE since it was formerly ECW? or does WWE just not care?

But if they got bWo I'd definitely try to get tickets to KoT (no car so traveling to shows sucks)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

syzpid posted:

Who actually owns the copyright or trademark for the bWo? Wouldn't it be WWE since it was formerly ECW? or does WWE just not care?

But if they got bWo I'd definitely try to get tickets to KoT (no car so traveling to shows sucks)

They've had Aldo Montoya at KOT in the past, so I imagine WWE doesn't care.

bWo at KOT would be awesome, of course.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We need 3 Count in King of Trios

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results out of this weekend's shows--

Chicago:
Expansion Pack Pre-show:
1. Missile! Assault! Ant! def. Arik Cannon, breaking his losing streak.
2. N_R_G (Hype Rockwell & Race Jaxon) def. United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado & Prakash Sabar) when Hype hit Sabar with a wind-up backbreaker.

Main show:
1. COTI Trios - Battle Hive (Amasis, Worker Ant, Ashley Remington) def. Arcane Horde (UltraMantis Black, Obariyon, Kodama)
2. "Magic Move" Match - Kevin Condron & "Juke Joint" Lucas Calhoun (w/ Snow Troll) def. Dasher's Dugout (Icarus & Heidi Lovelace) when Condron rolled up Icarus after Troll interference.
- The "magic move" was the bionic elbow.
- After the match, Condron gave Calhoun new red ring gear.
3. Silver Ant def. Blaster McMassive by passing him out to a triangle choke.
4. COTI Tag - Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked & Frightmare) (w/ Blind Rage) def. BDK (Jakob Hammermeier & Soldier Ant) when Wicked pinned Jakob.
- During the match, Jakob took a spill to the floor and apparently hurt his knee. While he was down, Fire Ant, Silver Ant, and Worker Ant all came out and saluted Soldier. The Nightmare Warriors jumped them.
- After the match, while the Nightmare Warriors were doing their prayer circle, Jakob joined in. Although it was more of a "see, we're all friends here, right? Right, guys? Guys?" joining-in.
5. Eddie Kingston def. Jaka with the Backfist to the Future.
6. COTI Tag - Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster & Flex Rumblecrunch) def. Snake Pit (Ophidian & Argus) when Flex pinned Argus after a power drop.
7. Dasher Hatfield def. Tomasso Ciampa with a small package. Dasher now has four points and can challenge for the Grand Championship.

Indianapolis:
1. COTI Trios - Arcane Horde (UltraMantis Black, Obariyon, Kodama) def. Crown & Court (Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr.) when Kodama hit Hijo with a flying forearm.
- Mantis apparently hurt his knee and it led to a rush finish.
2. Young Lions Cup - Heidi Lovelace (w/ Mr. Touchdown) def. Argus (w/ Ophidian) with a kneeling rana to retain the Cup.
3. COTI Trios - Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka) def. Nightmare Warriors (Frightmare, Blind Rage, Silver Ant) when Jaka pinned Silver Ant with a diving splash.
- Blaster McMassive also interfered in the match while referee Bryce Remsburg was distracted.
- After the match, Rage & Frightmare took Silver Ant to the back, and he was apparently "in trouble."
4. COTI Singles - Eddie Kingston [Snake Pit] def. Drew Gulak [Gentleman's Club] with the Backfist to the Future.
- Before intermission, Snow Troll stole Missile Assault Ant's backpack.
5. "Magic Move" Match / COTI Trios - Dasher's Dugout (Dasher Hatfield, Mr. Touchdown, Icarus) def. Battle Hive (Amasis, Worker Ant, Ashley Remington) when Mr. TD hit Worker Ant with a delayed superplex.
- The "magic move" was again the bionic elbow.
6. COTI Tag - Snake Pit (Ophidian & Shynron) def. BDK (Jakob Hammermeier & Soldier Ant) when Shynron caught Jakob with a handspring cutter.
7. Grand Championship - Hallowicked (w/ Frightmare & Blind Rage) def. Oleg the Usurper with three Yakuza Kicks to retain the championship.
- No interference.
8. Bonus Trios Match - N_R_G (Hype Rockwell & Race Jaxon) & Fire Ant def. United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Prakash Sabar) when Fire Ant hit JFDC with a brainbuster.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Also of note is that Kevin Condron has been yelling "You're not an ant, you're a man!" at Missile Assault Ant, suggesting that he's going to be joining his crew.

Condron is like Raven for "creative has nothing for you" victims.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

Also of note is that Kevin Condron has been yelling "You're not an ant, you're a man!" at Missile Assault Ant, suggesting that he's going to be joining his crew.

Condron is like Raven for "creative has nothing for you" victims.

I assume that's gonna be a KOT team then. Gonna miss the "MISSILE! ASSAULT! ANT!" gimmick.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

I assume that's gonna be a KOT team then. Gonna miss the "MISSILE! ASSAULT! ANT!" gimmick.

If they give Missile! Assault! Ant! a three-part name, it could still work.

"MICHAEL! ANDREW! JONES!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Has there ever been a gimmick in CHIKARA where the ants' Aunts have shown up? I refuse to believe I'm the first to think of this.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

Has there ever been a gimmick in CHIKARA where the ants' Aunts have shown up? I refuse to believe I'm the first to think of this.

I doubt you're the first to think of it, but no. No female Ants (or Aunts) have shown up in Chikara, to the best of my knowledge.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

KungFu Grip posted:

ok but are they good

Fight Club PRO is one of the UK's most individual indy promotions. It has a tiny ring in a small pit in the floor, surrounded by a 6 foot high cage that the fans kick while the action is going on. The fights there are wild (less than a year ago, Kevin Steen took on Trent Seven (middle guy in that picture) and they ended up suplexing each other in the ladies bathroom). It's pretty much the opposite of Chikara, which was weird when they did 3 of the pre-shows on the Chikara UK tour a few months back. They even installed the cage, but the Chikara fans were hesitant to blast it.

Tyler Bate, on the right of the pic, will get over in Chikara. He's got the old time strong man look, short in height, with a thick moustache.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

For King of Trios, they just announced Team Attack Wrestling, made up of "Flash" Morgan Webster, Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne. Looks like they realized last year's mistake and front-loaded the announcements with guest teams.

That leaves 12 teams.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Attack are my local indie and they're super fun, they did the Chikara pre show here which was perfect for their style. Be great seeing those guys back out there. Fee awful for Mark Andrews that he's joined TNA as the ship starts sinking, but hope he can get some exposure and something solid out of it.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Gavok posted:

For King of Trios, they just announced Team Attack Wrestling, made up of "Flash" Morgan Webster, Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne. Looks like they realized last year's mistake and front-loaded the announcements with guest teams.

That leaves 12 teams.

That's a great team. It's unlikely they'll get to face the Bullet Club, but what a match that would be.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Considering the way they've only been announcing guest teams and with this year's Challenge of the Immortals gimmick, I'm wondering if they're just going to allow all ten teams to have one representative trio. That would mean not having the Colony in there, but considering the weirdness of Silver Ant being forced into the Nightmare Warriors, it would make sense to keep him from teaming with Fire and Worker in any capacity.

You'd have ten teams (some easier to figure out than others like UltraMantis/Batiri, Jakob/Pinkie/Nokken, DevCorp), the obligatory Kevin Condron-led trio and either another guest team or NRG joined with someone special.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Gavok posted:

or NRG joined with someone special.
I'll be shocked if NRG doesn't have a trio with Koko B Ware.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Still catching up on Chikara one show at a time and so far I'd easily call Spring Breakout the show of the year. After months of Challenge of the Immortals being an excuse to just have otherwise meaningless matches to make up for this season's lack of story (the only major stories are what, Oleg vs. Wrecking Crew, UltraMantis vs. Hallowicked and Colony vs. Soldier Ant?), the concept finally hits its stride and the non-round robin matches are worth checking out too. There aren't any major MOTYCs or anything, but it's completely solid and fun throughout. The worst match of the show is Dasher Hatfield vs. Volgar and it's still a decent carry job.

The dynamics are really starting to shine through. Eddie Kingston's disdain for his teammates while chomping at the bit to get a piece of Hallowicked. Princess Kimber Lee's gradual realization that she hosed up completely by recruiting Los Ice Creams and her valiant desperation to NOT be the only team without a single win. Oleg's increasingly hot face turn build. Mantis' inability to hold his team together. The bizarre situation where Chuck Taylor has to play face because he's up against the Boar. The way Silver Ant looks at his teammates in the Nightmare Warriors and goes, "So, you're some kind of crazy death cult thing now, huh? That's weird. Welp, let's go win matches," which is both silly and kind of foreboding because Hallowicked probably has plans for him.

Some minor highlights:

- During Crown and Court vs. BDK, there's a part where Nokken has Ice Cream Jr. in a camel clutch near the ropes and the camera man gets a fairly close shot of them facing the camera. Pinkie Sanchez, who is on the apron, slowly creeps into the shot with a huge poo poo-eating grin and a thumbs up. It's the best. Pinkie is the best.

- During the Snake Pit's match, Eddie walks out in his usual surly, pissy way. Then he steps down from the stage, onto the steps and they completely collapse and he takes a fall. He immediately pops back up, breaking character completely, with a huge smile and both arms in the air, going, "I'M OKAY!"

- The end of Amasis vs. Juan Francisco has some prime fan interaction that's built up so well that I legitimately marked out. It's so well done.

- The UltraMantis/Kodama/Oleg intro is inexplicable and amazing. Long story short, it involves a Oleg with a cowboy hat on, excitedly walking out of a sheriff's office.

I'll get around to updating that big CotI chart once I finish watching Back to Skull.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Confirmed-- COTI Trios will be a part of the KOT field.

@MikeQuackenbush posted:

Team captains in the #COTI15 - your finalized trios need to be submitted no later than Monday morning. #KOT15
https://twitter.com/MikeQuackenbush/status/614100299578503168

So that leaves two more trios to come. One of them is probably going to be Kevin Condron, Lucas Calhoun, and presumably an unmasked Missile Assault Ant.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Confirmed-- COTI Trios will be a part of the KOT field.

https://twitter.com/MikeQuackenbush/status/614100299578503168

So that leaves two more trios to come. One of them is probably going to be Kevin Condron, Lucas Calhoun, and presumably an unmasked Missile Assault Ant.

Might as well make some predictions:

Wrecking Crew: Obviously Devastation Corporation trying to do two in a row. Their win last year kickstarted their momentum and this will cause them to falter for the rest of 2015.

Nightmare Warriors: I was thinking Hallowicked/Frightmare/Silver Ant because who the hell wants to see Blind Rage in tournament action, but I can easily see them hyping up a Hallowicked title defense on Night 2, so Frightmare/Silver Ant/Blind Rage.

Arcane Horde: Oleg is too important to what's going on but kayfabe-wise, Mantis would be an idiot to put him in there. Either he accidentally interferes in a well-meaning way and screws it up for them, or one of the Batiri guys are injured and he's forced to take the spot.

Battle Hive: Remington is more of a solo act, so Amasis/Fire/Worker.

Crown and Court: Los Ice Creams have to be together, so it's a coin flip on who the third person is. Probably Kimber Lee, but they're out the first round.

United Nations: The Bloc Party are a ready-made trio, so they'll be doing their second run.

BDK: This one's the hardest to call. Jakob/Nokken/Pinkie are the core group, but Soldier Ant is important and won the Cibernetico for Jakob, so he won't be snubbed. Probably Jakob/Nokken/Soldier, maybe with Pinkie in Rey de Voladores.

Dasher's Dugout: They've barely used Lovelace, so Icarus/Dasher/Touchdown.

Snake Pit: Eddie lacks synergy and would be a prime opponent for Hallowicked in a potential title match, so Ophidian/Shynron/Argus.

Gentleman's Club: No idea. Whoever it is will be doing double duty at least. Also, things are going to get awkward here if those NXT signings happen.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Gavok posted:

Wrecking Crew: Obviously Devastation Corporation trying to do two in a row. Their win last year kickstarted their momentum and this will cause them to falter for the rest of 2015.

Although I agree this would be obvious and ideal, that combination is probably disqualified since they won last year. During the BDK storyline after Ares/Claudio/Tursas won KoT, the next year they said they couldn't re-enter that tandem so the BDK team ended up being Donst/Jakob/Delirious. Whether they uphold that kayfabe rule or not is debatable, but considering Chikara and Quack have always tried to maintain continuity it wouldn't surprise me if there's a different line up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ZixTheYeti posted:

Although I agree this would be obvious and ideal, that combination is probably disqualified since they won last year. During the BDK storyline after Ares/Claudio/Tursas won KoT, the next year they said they couldn't re-enter that tandem so the BDK team ended up being Donst/Jakob/Delirious. Whether they uphold that kayfabe rule or not is debatable, but considering Chikara and Quack have always tried to maintain continuity it wouldn't surprise me if there's a different line up.
Are you positive they were disqualified? I thought it was just that the original trio couldn't be bothered with it because they were all dealing with much more important things at the time.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Flameingblack posted:

Are you positive they were disqualified? I thought it was just that the original trio couldn't be bothered with it because they were all dealing with much more important things at the time.

I can almost swear that it was part of Donst's interview from that KoT, but I might be misremembering it.

Edit: Ok, wasn't Donst's promo. I might be misremembering it altogether then, but I thought it was brought up in a promo somewhere.

ZixTheYeti fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 26, 2015

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yeah, they chose not to enter on their own accord. I always figured that it was because after being soundly defeated as a stable at the end of the previous season and having lost all their titles, they didn't want to risk tarnishing their record. Claudio/Ares/Tursas will always be undefeated.

Besides, FIST (Icarus/Akuma/Taylor) and Spectral Envoy entered the years after their wins. Shockingly, those are the only winning teams to enter again after winning. Even the Colony was replaced with the assailANT version in 2012.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
I stand corrected. I knew FIST had re-entered but was thinking that was after Gargano joined so they were exempt, and I had forgot about Spectral Envoy last year.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

- During Crown and Court vs. BDK, there's a part where Nokken has Ice Cream Jr. in a camel clutch near the ropes and the camera man gets a fairly close shot of them facing the camera. Pinkie Sanchez, who is on the apron, slowly creeps into the shot with a huge poo poo-eating grin and a thumbs up. It's the best. Pinkie is the best.

You can get a glimpse of this spot in the trailer they made for the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpAGDgDTHB4

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Finally updated this chart. Here's where everyone is in Challenge of the Immortals.

full size

35 of 90 matches are complete. Here are the standings:

1) Wrecking Crew (6 points, 2 losses): Have been really dominant, mostly taking part in team encounters. The Devastation Corporation, being reigning tag champs and King of Trios, have been just about unstoppable. The weak link, minor as it is, is Jaka. He's eaten both of their losses. That hasn't come up storywise at all and as it is, everyone's on the same page.

2) Nightmare Warriors (5 points, 2 losses): In the past few months, Hallowicked won the Grand Championship, which is kind of funny since the current top teams are heels who are champs and the prize is title shots (along with the bragging rights). Hallowicked, Frightmare and Blind Rage are creepy cult guys now, doing weird rituals and talking about their higher power. Silver Ant is the odd man out in all of this. He was drafted by Hallowicked and we don't know why. Silver Ant is weirded out by their behavior, but continues to wrestle his best and move forward.

3) Snake Pit (4 points, 2 losses): The most diverse team in terms of styles, they're only now starting to make themselves known in the tournament. Eddie Kingston, not the biggest team player, has finally started being booked into their matches and he seems to just barely tolerate his teammates. Especially Argus.

4) Dasher's Dugout (4 points, 3 losses): Here's the face team that's supposed to look like it should win on paper, but won't. Icarus just lost the Grand Championship, the Throwbacks recently lost the tag belts and Heidi Lovelace is barely even there. She's shown up for a single 8-man tag and ate the pin.

5) BDK (3 points, 3 losses): Jakob and Pinkie Sanchez are basically midcarders (which is generous to Jakob) who are getting by thanks to Nokken and Soldier Ant. Especially Soldier Ant, who has been practically unbeatable. The Colony has been trying to get him to remember who he is, but he continues to be a pawn and continues to wipe the floor with all of them in the ring.

6) Battle Hive (3 points, 5 losses): These guys are just kind of there. Amasis recently got pinned by Ophidian in a CotI match, the Colony have had no luck with fixing Soldier Ant and Ashley Remington just lost a title match against Hallowicked. None of them have any momentum and because Remington was too busy with his title chase, only now is he actually taking part in CotI.

6) United Nations (3 points, 5 losses): For being a team where half of them are heel comedy jobbers and the other two are ho-hum midcarders, these guys probably have too many wins as is. This includes beating Dasher's Dugout one time. Clean! The dynamic works, at least. The Bloc Party are a ready-made trio with nothing going on and Juan Francisco makes for a perfect leader for them to kiss up to while he takes most of the credit.

8) Arcane Horde (3 points, 6 losses): The team is currently at odds with each other, mostly due to Oleg the Usurper. When he's in gear, he's a credit to the team, but in order to sabotage the Horde, Sidney Bakabella will constantly appear to wave his contract at him, saying that Oleg has to do what he tells him. For a while, Oleg would listen to him, albeit confused and disappointed. He's been getting increasingly confrontational, especially when abused by his so-called friends in the Wrecking Crew. It's still caused the Horde to lose way too many times and nobody can get on the same page. Considering UltraMantis' chances at title shots have constantly been derailed by Hallowicked, I'd imagine these guys are going to pull it out in the end.

9) Gentlemen's Club (2 points, 3 losses): Chuck Taylor's team has basically been a non-factor here. They've only had five matches total. Not much to talk about there.

10) Crown and Court (2 points, 4 losses): Princess Kimber Lee can hold her own as a competent competitor and Jervis is decent enough. Too bad Kimber Lee misfired by drafting the most useless tag team in Chikara history. Outside of a trios match a couple weeks ago that Jervis got the submission for, Los Ice Creams haven't won a match in years and they're weighing the team down hard. This may or may not cause Kimber Lee to completely lose her mind over time.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Just announced:

BLUE WORLD ORDER at King of Trios

Blue Meanie, Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

IT'S HAPPENING

e:fb

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

The confirmed trios thus far for King of Trios:
Bullet Club - AJ Styles & The Young Bucks
Team AAA - Drago, Fenix, Aero Star
Team Fight Club: PRO - MK McKinnan & Mustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)
Team ATTACK! - "Flash" Morgan Webster, Mark Andrews, Pete Dunne
Blue World Order - Blue Meanie, Stevie Richards, Nova

Quack hinted on Twitter that 10 of the remaining 11 will be made up of teams out of the Challenge Of The Immortals teams. With bWo now announced, my assumption is the remaining trio will be filled by Kevin Condron's unit-- himself, "Juke Joint" Lucas Calhoun, and either Snow Troll or Missile Assault Ant. (Assuming that Condron convinces Missile Assault Ant to unmask and join him.)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I want to watch King of Trios this year.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Nova hasn't wrestled in a while. I hope he bows out and gets replaced with another blue-theme wrestler..

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Just announced:

BLUE WORLD ORDER at King of Trios

Blue Meanie, Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova

loving finally.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DM Punk posted:

Nova hasn't wrestled in a while. I hope he bows out and gets replaced with another blue-theme wrestler..

Nova's the best wrestler of them, him coming back for one quick match would be the one i'd be most excited about.

Get the Blue Meanie to bow out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Nova's the best wrestler of them, him coming back for one quick match would be the one i'd be most excited about.

Get the Blue Meanie to bow out.

Stevie's better than Nova but I agree Meanie's the worst of the 3.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Ideally, get all 4 of them to do the annual Night 3 comedy match against the Gentleman's Club (add in the Swamp Monster obviously).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Who's that girl and why is she dressed up for 90s xmen cartoon cosplay?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Who's that girl and why is she dressed up for 90s xmen cartoon cosplay?

It's Leva Bates who wrestles in NXT as Blue Pants. Her gimmick is she cosplays as different people every indie show she does.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The champs are back.

That brings us to six teams.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I choose to believe that it is not photo composite or perspective, but that Sidney Bakabella is standing on a gigantic, precariously-perched stack of soap boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Quack just posted this over on Wreddit:

As if Wednesdays aren't already packed enough.

• Locked thread