Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Google image search Greatest American hero. The suit's a ripoff of that guy's outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kinda wish it was Omega instead of AJ, just because he seems better suited to CHIKARA.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

AJ is good enough to work anywhere, but yeah, I agree that Omega's comedy would be perfect for Chikara

Oh yeah, this isn't about my perception of AJ's ability to work; I think he's top 10 in the world right now. I just think Kenny is pretty drat good himself and his silliness in PWG leads me to believe Chikara crowds would love him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hasn't Chikara used Mecha Mummy before? Seems like a slam dunk, if so.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

My favourite story is Jon Barber used to be on this Wrestling Forum back in 2001 (I think?) and he posted "You are in my pants" or some dumb poo poo like than otherwise he was going to be 'haxxored'

Ah the product of a misspent youth

He also used to post in DVDVR and got banned for endlessly plugging his lovely writing and talking about XPW and getting upset when people correctly pointed out it was poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Nova's the best wrestler of them, him coming back for one quick match would be the one i'd be most excited about.

Get the Blue Meanie to bow out.

Stevie's better than Nova but I agree Meanie's the worst of the 3.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Was this a big thing at the last show there or are you saying that because Philly is Philly?

Both Chucky T and Ophidian had cars broken into in Philly

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I hope Quack was trying to do a Team NXT with Hero, CJ Parker and some one else

They could have a done a team Developmentally Speaking with Hero, Brian Meyers, and Colt Cabana.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

3.0 announced for the tag gauntlet

Gonna boo Big Magic so much

Also, I think Dev Corp will be at Buffalo Wild Wings for UFC 191 after night 2, so that's where I'll be, too.

Good, he's a tool

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

I watched Summerslam with him. Like i said before, character in ring does not equal character in real life :)

I don't think he's a tool because of his in-ring character. I think he's a tool because he's outspoken about being anti-women's wrestling and regularly acted like a cock on his twitter when people called him on it. I get that you know him better and you've seen whatever good qualities he has, but he hasn't done himself any favors.

Plus, he likes Nickelback.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember when Jon Barber used to be a "wrestling journalist" and he sucked at that, too. Got banned from DVDVR pretty quick because he wouldn't stop plugging a retrospective on XPW. Other than Rob Black, who loving cares about XPW?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Huh. So, Team AAA is the first trio made completely of non regulars to win KOT.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

At least he still has that... uh... vegan hardcore band?

I mean it's easy to mock but they did get signed to Relapse Records, who are one of the bigger metal labels

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Tim Donst is awesome too, but UMB is a total class act. I wanted to buy a lucha mask and asked Mantis about a store that was selling his stuff, and he sent me a message telling me to avoid them and check with this place in Japan that designed his most recent masks. He's just so much fun to talk to in person as well.

If you buy stuff from him direct he sends you weird neat stuff like WWE trading cards from the 90's It's great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

If there's a Lucha Underground 2, he needs to be on commentary, replacing Vampiro while he goes off and does his emperor vampire sith pope thing

That's a great loving idea. Although given where UMB lives, possibly not feasible unless they'd be willing to fly him in.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 11, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm fairly sure that while RD Evans is Canadian, he lives in Texas. So it's less of a travel issue for Quack to get him to Philly than if he were from, say, London, Ontario.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 29, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Does Darkness Crabtee count?

Surely Gran Naniwa would!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheHock posted:

I had a really good time. I'm only super familiar with a handful of the wrestlers (Arik Cannon from seemingly every Indy show I've ever been to, Chuck Taylor, the F1rst guys and Eddie Kingston, Kimber Lee and Heidi Lovelace from Shimmer along with Bryce Remsburg), but the matches were good and the characters hit my sweetspot. I've been to a lot worse venues than Mill City Nights, too. If Chikara ever swings through the area again, I'll be there, and I'll probably seek out a couple DVDs to fill out my collection

I had two friends with me. The first had never been to anything but a WWE show, and she had an awesome time. My other friend had never been to a wrestling show in his life, and didn't seem to know what to make of it. He enjoyed the action, but I think he was either expecting it to be a little more serious or a little more over the top and the mix of serious wrestling and comedy spots kind of threw him. He's going to a WWE show later this year, so maybe he'll enjoy that more.

One little thing that I appreciated that I've never experienced at an Indy show was that a bunch of the wrestles were standing at the exit as people were going out, thanking everyone for coming to the show. It was a nice touch, and left everybody in my little group with a positive impression of Chikara at the end of the night.

I went to Mill City Nights for a concert once and it was a pretty good club style venue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You can probably add Dasher vs Mr.Touchdown

• Locked thread