Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Omega lives in Japan now so they'd have to get that flight whereas Young Bucks and Styles are still America-based. That's probably what was the deciding factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

reality_groove posted:

This is kind of a stupid question but...I bought tickets to the Chikara London show. Should I expect actual tickets in the mail or do I just rock up at the venue?
Haha you expect them to have their poo poo together. Last time I went to a show I bought tickets the day they came out, and I never got any through the mail. Then they didn't have my name on a list anywhere so I had to go through my emails and prove that I bought tickets and forward that Email onto one of the trainees. If I hadn't had a smart phone I would have been screwed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris Hero seems okay with Eddie Kingston now, the only person holding grudges is Quack.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There was also the Reverse Chikara Special used exclusively by the BDK. But let us not forget, the Chikara Special was primarily an Icarus move after he turned technico, so it was adding salt to the wound there, too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ZixTheYeti posted:

Although I agree this would be obvious and ideal, that combination is probably disqualified since they won last year. During the BDK storyline after Ares/Claudio/Tursas won KoT, the next year they said they couldn't re-enter that tandem so the BDK team ended up being Donst/Jakob/Delirious. Whether they uphold that kayfabe rule or not is debatable, but considering Chikara and Quack have always tried to maintain continuity it wouldn't surprise me if there's a different line up.
Are you positive they were disqualified? I thought it was just that the original trio couldn't be bothered with it because they were all dealing with much more important things at the time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Drago will team up with the debuting of El Hijo del Dragon Dragon in the Tag Team Gauntlet, I've got the scoops

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The whole terrorist thing running in CHIKARA is so loving weird considering CHIKARA was always supposed to be family friendly. Even at their hottest with the original BDK lineup it was still extremely PG.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BodyMassageMachine posted:

To be fair, the Marvel/DC movies are pitched towards kids and families and routinely involve murder, explosions, meltings, etc. I think Chikara, which generally seems to pattern itself on comics anyway, can get away with some dark stuff here and there. Not to say that it should or that that dark stuff is good at all (it's not).
How often does anyone except a villain die in Marvel/DC movies though? They don't even mention casualties.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The answer is always watch the entire BDK storyline from start to finish, and then go back and watch Fire Ant/Vin Gerard for the YLC and Nick Jackson/Ibushi/Jigsaw/El Generico.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

He left when The Future is Now fizzled out in the BDK era. Quack burns a lot of bridges for no particular reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That's the biggest problem with CHIKARA. Quack wants to produce something the levels of Lucha Underground but can't afford it as a small local indy. He's great at producing and elevating talent, but they can't really stick around forever because they get too big to be Chikara exclusive. Likewise, Quackenbush starves out a lot of people who gave everything to be there because they don't fit into his narrative anymore.

If Chikara had Lucha Underground production and stable money coming in with an even bigger focus on the season to season story (Although it's insane how big it is sometimes as is) they'd probably be a great product.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah it's basically just an expression of disdain for everything I've heard about Quack over a long period of time.

I just have no respect whatsoever for a guy who flips a poo poo about a curse word at LITERALLY the same time he's running a storyline of a character being a war criminal who blew up a school bus full of children in Zimbabwe. Plus the couch thing, and all kinds of stuff. Put it all together and it's like, go gently caress yourself.
how many of those kids are on message boards finding that obscure loving nonsense about blowing up school busses

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I thought they explicitly stated it in promos on the shows and whatnot.
When I was that age Taka was trying to chop off Val Venis' penis and people were lighting each other on fire and all kinds of ridiculous violence. Kids will get over it. Parents won't, parent won't tolerate foul language like that in any context because their children learn it and start saying it in public too, so yes profanity becomes an issue when you're trying to have a family friendly product. "Blowing up a school bus full of children" isn't as bad as you pretend it is because you're just nitpicking over reasons to hate Quack. Guy has OCD, let him run his tiny insignificant independent promotion how he wants

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

have you ever watched a cartoon in the last 50 years

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The only one that mattered was the pink one

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm completely unsure if rovert registers comedy or not, so I'll just explain the joke now: They say this every year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tim Donst is awesome too, but UMB is a total class act. I wanted to buy a lucha mask and asked Mantis about a store that was selling his stuff, and he sent me a message telling me to avoid them and check with this place in Japan that designed his most recent masks. He's just so much fun to talk to in person as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

Can I get a lead on where to buy a UMB mask?
The mexican knockoff store isn't online anymore and I've long lost the email address of the person from Japan I was given :v:

Email Mantis and ask if there's going to be any put up in the CHIKARA store. They're low quality, but it's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kimber Lee cashed in her little medallion thing from winning the Challenge of the Immortals, and wins the Grand Championship from Hallowicked.

• Locked thread