Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LegendaryFrog posted:

Why? That is not a high end processor or specs... It's a bit higher than I would like if anything.

Overengineered Apple products are generally quite expensive for the first gen.

Speaking of...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Vintimus Prime posted:

Updating some of the later versions too, awesome

A lot more jazzed about the updates to the macbook pro. Glad to see some of those features and improvements made their way up.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Interested to see if Apple makes first party stuff to plug into that USB C port.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

LegendaryFrog posted:

Why? That is not a high end processor or specs... It's a bit higher than I would like if anything.

They'll probably drop the price to match the Air as they inevitably phase it out over the next 2 years. Same thing that's happened with the Pros.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

welp Mac Pros remain frozen in time

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

smackfu posted:

Interested to see if Apple makes first party stuff to plug into that USB C port.

They said that both they and third party manufacturers would be.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.
1.1 Ghz processor :V

Also no new Macbook Pro 15 updates. What the gently caress Apple? No love for the workhorse laptop?

I love my 2012 Pro to death, would upgrade in a heartbeat.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
$1299 is too much for something that is a ipad with a trackpad and keyboard.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Logikv9 posted:

But it's not an iPad? At all?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Logikv9 posted:

Especially when the Air is more powerful and has more ports.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

lelandjs posted:

But it's not an iPad? At all?

ipad thinness + battery life + lack of wired connectivity. sure, it runs mac osx but it feels like macbook air/pro heavily simplified.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Did we already forget why Magsafe was loving awesome?

Removing it is literally a dealbreaker for me.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
LOL at people laughing in the background at the absurdity of the drawing a cat thing.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Drawing dongs on iwatch forever

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rabble posted:

LOL at people laughing in the background at the absurdity of the drawing a cat thing.

Kevyn posted:

Drawing dongs on iwatch forever

Dickbutt watch face is going to get popular real quick.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Can't wait to track my standing.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Rabble posted:

Especially when the Air is more powerful and has more ports.

The air screen isn't IPS or retina though.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, you cannot fit much text on that screen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Can't wait to track my standing.

I'm glad technology has reached a point where it will actively shame me for being a lazy gently caress.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Logikv9 posted:

It just needs a Hub.

I have 5 things plugged into my Pro right now (power, Thunder to DVI, Thunder to Ethernet, Headphone, and USB).

I like it. No fans? Nice.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

Wow, you cannot fit much text on that screen.

I bet you can make it smaller, with the only downside being it's unreadable.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

MrBond posted:

The air screen isn't IPS or retina though.

I understand that other people have other needs but IMO a macbook should be more focused on processing power and useability (ports). The new MacBook is more like what the Air was when it was first announced rather than the middle child between an Air and a Pro.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Super model completes first half-marathon in impoverished Africa with Apple Watch.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is the audio looping for anyone else?

[Edit: nm I had the feed open in another tab and it just decided to start for some reason]

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Rabble posted:

I understand that other people have other needs but IMO a macbook should be more focused on processing power and useability (ports). The new MacBook is more like what the Air was when it was first announced rather than the middle child between an Air and a Pro.

I'm probably going to sell my iPad mini and MacBook Air and buy a MacBook. iOS devices still really suck for my ADD style of tabbed internet browsing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
comes with the iPouch to hold all the dongles you need (dongles not included)

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

this is a bad video

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Jon93 posted:

1.1 Ghz processor :V

Also no new Macbook Pro 15 updates. What the gently caress Apple? No love for the workhorse laptop?

I love my 2012 Pro to death, would upgrade in a heartbeat.

there won't be any more non-retina MBPs, if you meant 15" rMBP then the CPUs don't exist for those yet. Wait til WWDC

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Three Olives posted:

Super model completes first half-marathon in impoverished Africa with Apple Watch.

Look out africans, white lady with a watch that costs more than all your possessions combined coming through.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

illcendiary posted:

I'm probably going to sell my iPad mini and MacBook Air and buy a MacBook. iOS devices still really suck for my ADD style of tabbed internet browsing.

Lets hope the Core M can keep up with that.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
I hope when the store comes back up that the MacBook Pro is gone. Please kill the mechanical drives in the outdated hardware laptops, Apple. :(

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Rabble posted:

That's pretty much exactly what the 13 MBP is good at then, which makes it good those aren't going away yet!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is uncomfortable.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Three Olives posted:

I'm glad she could be the first person to achieve an arbitrary goal that no one else was possibly able to compete with her on.

Unless they were and its more the announcer shaming the Apple employees.

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005
This is the worst. This is all the worst. Jesus Christ.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So where was the phone while she was running that race?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bono is seething with rage that a new white relic of the 90's is getting more Apple+Africa spotlight than he is.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Talk about the drat watch instead of some lady running. People run marathons every day.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Umm... what is going on with this event? Live on-stage interview?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

So where was the phone while she was running that race?

Logikv9 posted:

comes with the iPouch to hold all the dongles you need (dongles not included)

• Locked thread