Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!
Cool, angry clicks! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!
Your computer can now know you're mad at it!

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!

Super Dude posted:

Watch comes out April 24th, I wonder when preorder is.

April 10th, as he said like 1 slide earlier.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!
That 10K at least nets you 1 year more of warranty than the standard watches.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!

:sigh:

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!

RVProfootballer posted:

Am I looking at the charger having pulled the back off your watch?

Yes. When I picked it up to take it off the charger, the back stayed with the charger, almost ripped the wires out.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Holy moley. I would get your rear end to an Apple Store today.

I would like to, unfortunately no watch appointments until Tuesday evening. I think I'm going to just try walking in tomorrow morning.

1997 posted:

Covered by AppleCare.

Thanks Captain Obvious!

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!

OMGzKakaniz posted:

I've seen a couple of pics around of this same thing happening within the past day. Hopefully won't become very widespread.

Just got back from the store and the Genius that helped said he'd never seen it, and asked some of the other geniuses and they'd never seen it either.

That said, if your watch breaks, go to Apple support online and mail it in. After waiting for 4 days for an appointment (which would only have been two days if I didn't have a crazy schedule this week) I now get to wait 3-5 more days for them to just mail the watch in for me, which starts tomorrow by the way because they've already done their shipping for today. I don't even get the privilege of having it sent directly to me, I'll have to go back over to the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

...honor and a penis!

Hasters posted:

Strange, I wonder why they didn't capture it for engineering and just give you a new one.

Picked up "my" watch from the store today. Was greeted with "Oh, looks like they decided to just give you a new one." So glad I waited 4 days for that.

Space Racist posted:

One thing I really wish they would consider is having days where you don't wear the watch not count toward your daily activity averages. Anytime I wear a normal watch, that day is considered basically zero activity even though my Apple watch and iPhone should both be aware I'm not wearing it and thus that can't be considered an accurate read on my activity level.

That's the gimmick to shame you to always wear the apple watch! (Can't you just use the activity app with the iPhone? I thought that was the deal with the motion processor, but I don't have an iPhone 5s or newer. Maybe you don't either.)

• Locked thread