Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!

Lots of important games tonight as teams approach and pass the quarter pole! Also trades galore.

- Vancouver looks to further secure a Pacific division spot against unfathomably bad Buffalo, though Neuvirth is keeping them in games lately. Miller sadly misses out on a return to Buffalo due to injury.

- The Rangers may take the Metro lead tonight after playing the Coyotes who are looking to challenge the Oilers in the tank with a potential 8th loss in a row. Mike Smith performing admirably to help the Coyotes in the push.

- Montreal remains atop the Atlantic. Carey Price set a franchise record for 9th consecutive road win in a season against St. Louis and can extend that tonight against Columbus.

- The Flyers play the Leafs.

- A lackluster homestand for Chicago ended in disaster with injury to Patrick Kane that will sideline him for 12 weeks. They look to right the ship on the road with some revenge against Florida who are hanging onto playoff hopes and have just acquired Jagr for their playoff push.

- Every Central team realistically in the playoff race is playing tonight. The Blues hope to keep some distance above the Blackhawks but will be playing a Jets team fighting to stay in Wild Card position.

- Ottawa has been steadily improving their play in the last couple months and are coming off Andrew Hammond's first NHL shutout last night against Anaheim. However they face an LA team that has been on a tear and won 8 in a row.

- With some games in hand against the Lightning, the Red Wings look to catch up and gain home ice advantage in the playoff standings. They face a struggling Sharks team that has fallen from a Pacific division playoff spot to out of even a Wild Card spot, and who will be desperate for points to keep in the playoff race.

- In another Central Division contest, the league leading :h: Nashville Predators :h: face the Minnesota Wild who are also fighting to get into a Wild Card spot after the acquisition of Devan Dubnyk led them to a strong stretch of play that made playoff hopes look possible. Nashville will also be defending the Conference III belt in this match up.

In a big showdown between former defensive partners...

Ryan Suter has two golden retrievers, named Favre and Cal.

Shea Weber has a giant dog named Dug.

Who made an appearance at Preds practice yesterday.

Advantage: Nashville.

Bonus, James Neal also has two adorable pitbull rescues. :3: https://instagram.com/p/ziV3p-BINu/?modal=true

Go Preds! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh my god it's a zack kassian pregame hype video

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
vancouver, i don't like you, but i will pretend to like you for a day or two if you crush buffalo in regulation

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I approve of all those dogges OP

5/5

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
go Nucks!

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Go habs, crush the jackets, make them see the error of their ways

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Dale Ouise posted:

Go habs, crush the jackets, make them see the error of their ways

Their punishment will come in the form of DSP

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Go Rangers!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

look at lacks sv% :swoon:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

alright vancouver penalty already! good start guys, way to help out eddie

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Ulf Samuelsson's son, Henrik, is making his NHL debut tonight for Phoenix. Ulf will be on the opposite bench for the Rangers. Must be kind of neat to see your kid's first NHL game in one that you're coaching as well

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
:siren: PK PK PK

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

alright vancouver penalty already! good start guys, way to help out eddie

they're just getting on the pk to build momentum okay

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

His judgment is swift and just.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

loving Talbot goddammit

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

SUBBAN!! :siren:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
The downside is that the goal came off a Malholtra faceoff win so now his value has been more firmly engraved in the mind of Therrien.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

okay c'mon guys let's not do this

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
:laffo: there will be no saves tonight

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

uh what

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

loving LOL TANNER GLASS

so close, Glass. So close.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Get Glass off this loving team Glen.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Carey is human after all.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh eat poo poo sportsnet. gently caress you for trying to defend sbisa

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: DUBI :ohdear:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Seriously no saves tonight

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

OLD MAN MARKOV!! :siren:

evenworse username posted:

:laffo: there will be no saves tonight

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

:frogsiren: Carey's sv% is going to drop like dub step beat at this rate.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Smith is just owning the poo poo out of the Rangers tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Habs D doing work. PK and Markov score, Gilbert inadvertently kills Dubinsky.

And Markov kills Calvert.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

gently caress offffff no don't injure our rookies you fucks

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Aaaaand PK's foot is more busted.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Dale Ouise posted:

Aaaaand PK's foot is more busted.

:ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

No saves, all injuries in this game.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I do not like willie breaking up the 2nd line

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Injury watch is over, he's back on the ice.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Kevin Hayes with nasty moves on the right side.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

nice work by Hayes and Kreider, that was slick

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Zodijackylite posted:

Kevin Hayes with nasty moves on the right side.

I think it's far more likely he shades to that side because of his handedness more than anything else. He was still playing the center position in that sequence. If he was playing RW there he'd be on the boards like the winger who gave him the puck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Weise, what makes you think you can stomp around like some farm animal?

• Locked thread