Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gonna sleeeppppp like a baby tonight
give it a listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I always think garbage dick posters are all the same person

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Pon de Bundy posted:

gonna sleeeppppp like a baby tonight
give it a listen

tha ks op ill let me mam know

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

hello, hello!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Sintax posted:

they're basically interchangeable so

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they're basically interchangeable so

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9t1THQWKAY

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
this album is really good for listening to while dusting or mopping . it's that perfect hey yeah music music

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

your avatar is of a black person but you are definitely white as poo poo

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

like obviously u2 has sucked big time ever since their shtick went out of style 20 years ago or whatever but instead of just being banal dad-rock they actually had to trick an entire nation of people into listening to their butt music... how can i possibly rip harder than that. its like shooting fish in a barrel with all the sport taken out

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz posted:

this is gonna shock u but I can like all kinds of music and have a black avatar given to me by idiot king braww.

I'm white but albanian white and muslim so take that as u will about my love for Bono yeah yeah yeahhh

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

i think you're dumb and have awful taste

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I bet you didn't even listen to the album

naem
May 29, 2011

I always confuse U2 with sting

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
U2 is a rapist.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I didn't really understand the hate until after I had deleted it. Because, whatever it was free and I could delete it.

But then, really lovely songs would keep popping up in the random playlist that I didn't recognize, and I'd check my phone and see an image of Bono(?) about to blow some dude.

And it kept happening until I went to google to find out how to make it stop and I had to go to some sketchy website and enter my apple id info and I realized I hated the future but mostly U2 and especially Bono.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so I work for an Apple call center and we got a lot of loving flack about this poo poo (understandable, U2 sucks and is bad). after about a month it died down because everybody heard about it on the news and figured out how to take care of it on their own

then in loving December - like three months after - this guy calls in just madder than piss about the issue. screams that we put this on his iPad and his wife's iPad and his daughter's iPad and his son's iPad and his mother's iPad and he's going to throw them all the gently caress away and smash them buy Android tablets god drat it what makes you think you have the right to put something on MY devices what do you have to say about this

this goes on for a solid ten minutes and while I'm "mmm"ing and "I understand your frustration"ing I'm thinking "this man is a human being with the same basic rights as I have; he is an American citizen like I am, he breathes the same air I do, his body is made of the same organic slurry mine is, and I have to pretend to respect his desire to smash more than two thousand dollars worth of technology over loving U2 - while simultaneously trying to soothe his hooting ape brain - for ten dollars an hour, which doesn't go very far even when you live in loving corn-rear end Indiana"

and then he says some poo poo about it looking queer and I have to just nonsensically babble placation at him while showing him how to hide the album on his account because it hadn't even been downloaded to anything or played on anything and he wouldn't use the goddamn website

the end; no moral

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

:agreed:

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Sintax posted:

when it got changed to the garbage dick pic for ages i thought it was some sperg who went on a spending spree and just bought everyone he didn't like garbage dick pics

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Epsilon Plus posted:

so I work for an Apple call center and we got a lot of loving flack about this poo poo (understandable, U2 sucks and is bad). after about a month it died down because everybody heard about it on the news and figured out how to take care of it on their own

then in loving December - like three months after - this guy calls in just madder than piss about the issue. screams that we put this on his iPad and his wife's iPad and his daughter's iPad and his son's iPad and his mother's iPad and he's going to throw them all the gently caress away and smash them buy Android tablets god drat it what makes you think you have the right to put something on MY devices what do you have to say about this

this goes on for a solid ten minutes and while I'm "mmm"ing and "I understand your frustration"ing I'm thinking "this man is a human being with the same basic rights as I have; he is an American citizen like I am, he breathes the same air I do, his body is made of the same organic slurry mine is, and I have to pretend to respect his desire to smash more than two thousand dollars worth of technology over loving U2 - while simultaneously trying to soothe his hooting ape brain - for ten dollars an hour, which doesn't go very far even when you live in loving corn-rear end Indiana"

and then he says some poo poo about it looking queer and I have to just nonsensically babble placation at him while showing him how to hide the album on his account because it hadn't even been downloaded to anything or played on anything and he wouldn't use the goddamn website

the end; no moral

Same.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
its not on my iphone wtf I feel cheated

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The music iphone havers deserve.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
I don't know, it wasn't THAT bad. But it whatevs, free music.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Joshuas Pee

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Prettz posted:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The album was actually halfway decent and the opening track is catchy. Plus it was free AND millions of idiots got hilariously mad about it so I really see it as a huge positive all around

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Poo Too

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Asstongue Baby

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

I…am…the…devil…and I am…just…like…you…

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
I thought it was a pretty good troll by U2.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
do you think moby will give me some free music

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

My dumb old phone was still running like iOS 6 or something so I had to go out of my way to download the album lol

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pon de Bundy posted:

this is gonna shock u but I can like all kinds of music and have a black avatar given to me by idiot king braww.

I'm white but albanian white and muslim so take that as u will about my love for Bono yeah yeah yeahhh

only muslim guy i know loves kenny chesney and went to a concert of his where all the toilets in the stadium backed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I actually paid money the hard copy CD just to avoid iTunes.

• Locked thread