Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

ArfJason posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

here is the happy couple

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

That's a permaban.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

godspeed, big anime fan here. godspeed.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
just goes to show, play with Fire and you get burned

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
How does a perma work? Account/IP ban?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Account ban, but if you try to register another one it will be permabanned too. Sometimes a crazy person gets fixated on the forums and reregisters like 50 times. Like Kyoon, and the other guy whose last post was some crazy letter to his psychiatrist.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Although there have been a few people who came back and nobody gave enough of a gently caress to re-perma them. Like TylerC 2.0. Also, I remember Ozma saying that one of the main ways they check for re-regs is if the same credit card was used to buy both accounts.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Actually she said they don't do that

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The real crazies will just immediately post similar stuff to whatever got them banned in the first place.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
PROBATION 03/19/15 08:01am corn in the bible Use your shift key. User loses posting privileges for 1 week. Exclamation Marx Ralp

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Don't you guys long for the days where you were scared to even post because there was a 50/50 chance of probation. Maybe you forgot to hit shift? Bad punctuation? Typed lol? Didn't contribute enough of a response/discussion?

Boy I sure do miss those days of the crazy cat ladies

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Although there have been a few people who came back and nobody gave enough of a gently caress to re-perma them. Like TylerC 2.0. Also, I remember Ozma saying that one of the main ways they check for re-regs is if the same credit card was used to buy both accounts.

That would be really hard to do since they don't store the credit card numbers.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Don't you guys long for the days where you were scared to even post because there was a 50/50 chance of probation. Maybe you forgot to hit shift? Bad punctuation? Typed lol? Didn't contribute enough of a response/discussion?

lol kill urself

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I never stopped following those rules in PYF because they were there when I first got here and despite seeing other people swimming in the pool I'm still afraid it's going to be too cold :ohdear:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

I never stopped following those rules in PYF because they were there when I first got here and despite seeing other people swimming in the pool I'm still afraid it's going to be too cold :ohdear:
I made using the shift key my gimmick, and it made me famous and beloved.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I made using the shift key my gimmick, and it made me famous and beloved.

Is it okay to say "avatar/post combo" now because that one was pretty good.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

sweeperbravo posted:

I don't probate for no shift key anymore, unless it's constant and terrible, but it does make me less likely to give someone a break for otherwise bad posting.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

blunt for century posted:

I don't probate for no shift key anymore, unless it's constant and terrible, but it does make me less likely to give someone a break for otherwise bad posting.

Thank you for letting me know. How do you feel about single-emote replies and/or "post-avatar combo" posts? I know that they are sometimes bad and dumb but sometimes they are needed.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

sweeperbravo posted:

Thank you for letting me know. How do you feel about single-emote replies and/or "post-avatar combo" posts? I know that they are sometimes bad and dumb but sometimes they are needed.

Meh, it depends on a few things. Single emote replies aren't bad and sometimes it can be the quickest reaction to something, but don't overuse it or it will become stupid and lame. Post/avatar combo posts are usually pretty terrible posts, but like 1% of the time it's good, but I'm not a fan.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Meh, it depends on a few things. Single emote replies aren't bad and sometimes it can be the quickest reaction to something, but don't overuse it or it will become stupid and lame. Post/avatar combo posts are usually pretty terrible posts, but like 1% of the time it's good, but I'm not a fan.

Okay. I appreciate your candor.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Ryoshi posted:

That would be really hard to do since they don't store the credit card numbers.

Yeah, it always seemed weird to me as far as security goes, but on the other hand I could believe Radium would do that. I wonder what she did say that I misremembered as being credit card details. I remember it was a couple years ago in another one of these threads. The subject was either Kyoon or Koos, before Koos was allowed back in.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, it always seemed weird to me as far as security goes, but on the other hand I could believe Radium would do that. I wonder what she did say that I misremembered as being credit card details. I remember it was a couple years ago in another one of these threads. The subject was either Kyoon or Koos, before Koos was allowed back in.

IP address? I think the admins (not mods) can see the IP addresses of posters.

You also mentioned that most re-regged permabannedees are obvious becuase they do the exact same poo poo-posting as soon as they re-reg.

Build Your Own Boat
Sep 11, 2006

Drink this

Now you're like me.

spog posted:

IP address? I think the admins (not mods) can see the IP addresses of posters.

You also mentioned that most re-regged permabannedees are obvious becuase they do the exact same poo poo-posting as soon as they re-reg.

I'm pretty sure that it's mostly just them doing the same stupid poo poo that got them banned. Other goons will probably suspect it and then report it. Plus you always have idiots that don't even try to hide it and go back to making GBS threads up the same threads, like IWC in the auspol thread.

I seem to remember Ozma or angerbot saying that in some "Ask the Admins" thread.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yeah, I don't think its like rpg.net where they have some super secret algorithm where they can detect people who reregister years after a banning in an entirely different part of the country and have changed their posting style, etc.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Ronwayne posted:

Yeah, I don't think its like rpg.net where they have some super secret algorithm where they can detect people who reregister years after a banning in an entirely different part of the country and have changed their posting style, etc.

......go on. :stare:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

:jerkbag:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

......go on. :stare:

They're really really good at finding parachutes and reregs, even reregs that do everything to distance themselves from previous accounts and don't even post in the same subforums they used to. I'm sure most of it is people doing dumbass things like they previously did, but I've seen people with 2-3 year old new accounts getting found out and banned.

ed: thinking about it more, its probably due to what they had to do about ten years ago. Around 2005ish, the place was more or less Somethingawful but with rolling weird dice and pretending to be an elf while calling each other fags. Eventually a multi-year long purge of some truly agressive loons took place and eventually the place was a sterilized hugbox. Its more or less tumblr for 35+ year olds who never got over being harassed in highschool.

Ronwayne has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Mar 24, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I really want to learn more about that algorithm. And the traits it finds about a person's posting style that are so inescapable.

Space Bat posted:

I don't have search

Neither does anyone else.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't think there's an actual algorithm, guys

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Wickedhates's ban(s) were pretty good. She was the forums 20000th ban. She paid to unban herself twice until a mod finally probated her for 30 days.

Sephiroth_IRA has a new favorite as of 21:54 on May 7, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Wickedhates's ban(s) were pretty good. She was the forums 20000th ban. She paid to unban herself twice until a mod finally probated her for 30 days.

WickedHate shat up the Toonami thread so much that it got moved from TVIV to ADTRW so that Beef Waifu could probate her every week. Then she got hit with a ban and a 30 day probo, but it's only a matter of time.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wickedhate is my friend and I look forward to their future posting.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Wickedhate is my friend and I look forward to their future posting.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Cool gif.

Can someone explain what a Wickedhate is?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

all credit to dotjpg

quote:

Can someone explain what a Wickedhate is?

I only became aware of her recently. I just know she's a young person and likes anime. :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

all credit to dotjpg

I only became aware of her recently. I just know she's a young person and likes anime. :shrug:

Read the text in the gif if you want an idea, it's from the post that got Wickedhate probated.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Read the text in the gif if you want an idea, it's from the post that got Wickedhate probated.

Oh yeah I'm aware of that post but she seems to have a reputation that predates that.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I know WickedHate best from BSS' chat thread, where angry nerds yell at her, an autistic teenager

Also for being a weirdo incest defender

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

She's made the argument in the internet critic thread that words like "stupid" and "lame" are ablist and therefore should not be used. I think she was also the one that thought that Doug Walker was a terrible human being for using the word "tranny" once and not realizing it's considered a slur.

Basically I have no idea what she's doing here because she is way too earnestly tumblr for this site.

Also the weird incest poo poo, although that never came up where I read, thank goodness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm going to go on a limb and guess that the letters "L" and "P" have something to do with it.

I mean I don't really mind her personally but I think that Orenonen's Danganronpa LP started around 2013 and that brought in a lot of people like that.

• Locked thread