Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

quote:

http://www.today.com/video/today/57041622#57041622

Posting pictures of your kids on social media might seem innocent, but an unsettling new trend has developed: strangers appropriating the images and pretending the children are their own.

I just wanted to warn everyone! PEOPLE ARE DIGITALLY KIDNAPPING CHILDREN!!! Tell as many people as you can, I don't know if National News coverage of this horrific crime is going to be enough!

Imagine if ISIS found out! There could be millions of digitally beheaded babies out there right now! Won't someone think of the digital children, we must pass laws against this NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Have you guys met my daughter?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
She has a case of the SkullPlants. Nobody will kidnap her

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Robin Williams did this in One Hour Photo.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I downloaded this picture and then dragged and dropped it into my trash. I just digitally murdered your daughter.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the digital age is frightening to me. there is the internet... and that is very frightening. there is a lot of information on it. people... need information. but sometimes information goes to the wrong people. there is... the internet doesn't know. it doesn't know... if a person is bad or good. because it's a computer. and not the kind of computer that has... the data that tells it if a person is bad or good. so the digital information is just... out there. the... the digital information. it's a cause for concern. i hope we think about it. this internet. i hope... the digital is safe. that's my hope.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Demora posted:

I downloaded this picture and then dragged and dropped it into my trash. I just digitally murdered your daughter.

And thanks to net neutrality, no one can stop you!!!!

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Obamas fault!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i do that but i just resize my own pictures to be smaller so they won't question why my kids don't look like me

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

shut down all social media pages for children under the age of 12 because baby facebooks are always insufferable, regardless of who makes the page

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
im scared

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i'm a fetus that hasn't even developed a cardiovascular system posting on fb saying how awesome my mommy is for not drinking coffee on this, a stressful day for her

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
they could be jerking it to your children too

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

quote:

"It's absolutely petrifying," said Lindsey Paris, who discovered an Instagram user had stolen photos of 18-month-old son from her blog "Red Head Baby Mama."

"It's like playing house online," said Paris, "with other people's children. I was totally panicked. I didn't know what they were doing. I didn't know what to do next. She was saying things like 'Isn't my child so cute?' And others would say 'I know. I love the red hair.'"

OMG! Someone is complimenting my baby, but they don't know it's MY baby. I must alert the news!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

She has a case of the SkullPlants. Nobody will kidnap her

Wow. Didn't you learn anything from Daisy Head Maisy?

We don't discriminate against skullplants anymore.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Them: These are my kids! :downs:

Me: Actually, they are mine. :smuggo:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

i am caressng jpeg of urcat

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"online image abductions" used unironically

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
alright I'm taking everyone in this thread hostage!! my demands are as follows:

-$100,000 in bitcoins
-lifetime supply of five guys
-an airworthy F-4 Phantom II

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Hello my child.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Wowwee wooo wah!

I didnt know the internet could do that!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Joust posted:

Hello my child.

I AM NOT JOKING AROUND

as long as my demands are not met I will ice one poster on the hour every hour!!!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

The Mad Archivist posted:

I AM NOT JOKING AROUND

as long as my demands are not met I will ice one poster on the hour every hour!!!

:ohdear:

Thats scary.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

The Mad Archivist posted:

I AM NOT JOKING AROUND

Woah okay settle down, I was just foolin'.

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
so this is obama's internet.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I am adding to my list of demands the release of political prisoners from the hellthread

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I can't die in this thread, I have so much useless poo poo to post.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
How rude.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
this is my duck

you just witnessed a world first digital petnapping

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zeike posted:

this is my duck

you just witnessed a world first digital petnapping

you can't petnap that duck I already petnapped that duck

AND YOU

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

i'm a fetus that hasn't even developed a cardiovascular system posting on fb saying how awesome my mommy is for not drinking coffee on this, a stressful day for her

I'm your daddy saying, goddamn linda don't go making a facebook for our unborn child! i thought we talked about this! your so loving dumb i wish i hadnt spent all my money on weed so you could get that abortion

bareback lolz = bareback woes

linda you a bitch take down this page right now!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

one time my friend made a facebook account with the pic of some hot chick as the display pic and and then started hitting on my other friend in chat so at the end he could be all like "haha it was me all along." thing is though even after the prank was done he continued to use the account, just going about his day online as if he were a hot girl. pretty sure he liked doing this a lot and it turned him on

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.
I'm pretty sure this is all just an elaborate ruse to get facebook moms to stop spamming everyone with photographs of their children. No one wants to see that poo poo.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
we got our baby back, but her checksum was never the same after that

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Solid Poopsnake posted:

yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpH-_k3PQU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnaVoTfkqa8

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
We're all gonna die! *sobs* We're all gonna diehihihieeee!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I've had reports of diginapping in this thread

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I put pictures of Hemsworth's face over the faces of my digikids in hopes that folks will think I'm cool enough to gently caress a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

I've had reports of diginapping in this thread

gotcha, bitch

• Locked thread