Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Applewhite posted:

He'll return as Spock the White in the third New Star Trek movie.

dont stop believin.

also, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

RIP

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Seriously though, if his family doesn't spring for the deluxe photon torpedo coffin, what was even the point of him dying. You can't let a perfect cosplay opportunity like that slide by.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Entropic posted:

Seriously though, if his family doesn't spring for the deluxe photon torpedo coffin, what was even the point of him dying. You can't let a perfect cosplay opportunity like that slide by.

Only if the funeral parlor puts the ears on him, with a note that says "I'm not Spock" taped to the side of the coffin.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxTpyCdriY

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Rip seaman narrator guy.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The best Star Trek is the one where they go back in time and Kirk tries to cover for Spock by going "my friend... is clearly... chinese" and then he says he got his ears messed up in a "rice cooker" or something.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

The best Star Trek is the one where they go back in time and Kirk tries to cover for Spock by going "my friend... is clearly... chinese" and then he says he got his ears messed up in a "rice cooker" or something.

was that were the one where kirk boned some nurse and saved her and then hitler won WWII

Lawman 0 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 27, 2015

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

rice picker.

:trekkiesay:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

geez .

gonna listen to him on a boards of canada record.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Harlan Ellison wrote that one.

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er
who can say where the road goes... live long and posper, Mr Spock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

whos spock

more like cock lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

krampster2 posted:

whos spock

more like cock lol

They make this joke on the show all the time.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
live long and prosper is kind of an incorrect thing to say in this case. He already did that. its now not very applicable.

Instead, how about, "By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!"

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.
He's really not dead, as long as we remember him...

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Not mine, but I think this is the best way to put it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thats too bad im sure his family and friends are upset about it. as for me, i didnt know him and never watched star trek. frankly, this means nothing to me. may the force be with you all

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Orkin Mang posted:

thats too bad im sure his family and friends are upset about it. as for me, i didnt know him and never watched star trek. frankly, this means nothing to me. may the force be with you all

ummm i think you may be a little confused? spock only said 'may the force be with you' very few times, his more commonly known catchphrase was 'whoo! dat stank!'

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
so other than star trek and reading some stuff for tv shows did spock do anything?

I mean i see a bunch of his pictures on the iflscience fb crap but AFAIK he was just an actor?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he wrote and directed and stuff too

also was in _two_ simpsons episodes!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm the nazi with his hand in the crook of spock's strong, masculine arm. i'm feeling his arm. i'm dreaming of his arm aroudn me

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
is he the gay asian dude who posts all the memes and poo poo that my facebook friends are always sharing?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Vastarien posted:

is he the gay asian dude who posts all the memes and poo poo that my facebook friends are always sharing?

yes. rip

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

so other than star trek and reading some stuff for tv shows did spock do anything?

I mean i see a bunch of his pictures on the iflscience fb crap but AFAIK he was just an actor?

Took artsy photos of naked fat chicks.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

redshirt posted:

Took artsy photos of naked fat chicks.

that explains the ifls/tumblr love

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

So long, Superman!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
his poem sucks

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
hahaha guys, very funny. Seriously ..I already made this thread

way to run poo poo into the ground

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nathilus posted:

live long and prosper is kind of an incorrect thing to say in this case. He already did that. its now not very applicable.

Instead, how about, "By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!"

His tombstone should read, "Lived long and prospered"

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now Bill Cosby has gone TOO FAR

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Spock was my financial advisor. gently caress I'm sad and screwed.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

he was in invasion of the bodyfat snatchers

Defecation
Dec 9, 2005

Never give up.
I'm gonna miss him. I feel like there won't be a guy (actor) that looks like him for a while.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

If you want to be a bit of a reductive dick about it then yeah, but he was a good actor and a very charming guy whose sex appeal was actually a big reason Star Trek stayed on the air as long as it did in the 60s (seriously), and his work as Spock was easily the biggest most genuine no-fooling inspiration for a whole giant host of people who went onto do great things with their lives. Spock made him the cultural shorthand for what a typecast actor looked like, yet come the 80s he had embraced the role and managed to transcend it enough to be a successful director (Three Men and a Baby was his I believe), and while he never really broke out of the genre ghetto when looked at from within the confines of the genre ghetto he was one of the very best and classed up nearly every project he was involved in.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

InterFaced posted:

Gonna play civ 4 all weekend

I fooled you. I got pig iron, I got pig iron. I got all pig iron.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

thanks twitter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mind the walrus posted:

If you want to be a bit of a reductive dick about it then yeah, but he was a good actor and a very charming guy whose sex appeal was actually a big reason Star Trek stayed on the air as long as it did in the 60s (seriously), and his work as Spock was easily the biggest most genuine no-fooling inspiration for a whole giant host of people who went onto do great things with their lives. Spock made him the cultural shorthand for what a typecast actor looked like, yet come the 80s he had embraced the role and managed to transcend it enough to be a successful director (Three Men and a Baby was his I believe), and while he never really broke out of the genre ghetto when looked at from within the confines of the genre ghetto he was one of the very best and classed up nearly every project he was involved in.

Wait.. Sex appeal?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

May the Force be with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

Wait.. Sex appeal?

Yeah. Legit no-strings-attached sex appeal. He's tall, handsome, has big hands, was smart, accomplished, and could be very funny, and back in his TOS days was in good physical shape. Acknowledging this doesn't mean you're going to suddenly get a cock shoved in your mouth. IIRC he was big both among women and gay men, but then again TOS in general was pretty big with the gay community in the 60s-- it was camp, colorful, and featured loads of good-looking men in tight outfits.

• Locked thread