Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Gleison Tibau has had good fights before. I don't think you should give up on Gleison/Ferguson yet. """sleeper""" candidate for Fight of the Night award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Yeah. Gleison could have shrunk because he is getting older and cutting does become harder on the body so dropping some muscle would make sense... but he also has always talked about how easy the cut was to do and with enhanced drug testing looming it's a bit of a coincidence.

UFC in late 2015/2016 is going to be cool.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MassRafTer posted:

He wasn't subject to out of competition testing for that fight. I doubt for this fight either.

He's moving up on the cards though and if he fucks around and wins this fight he will be in a fight that'll be the target for OOC testing. Guaranteed. If that's the case then I applaud Gleison + camp for doing the responsible thing and getting a head start on getting off drugs, but since that's a hosed up thing to say until he's proven guilty I'll just assume he's getting old and he's had a lot of trips of cutting 30+ pounds so it might be the end of the Joe Rogan's Favorite Weight Cutting Example era.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

heavyweights are cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Ruan Potts should never be released.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Seriously that fight was hilarious.

shhhhhh only impressive poo poo allowed to be enjoyed

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Hell yeah Dirty Bird

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

That was the coolest MMA fight I've seen all year

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

Well that certainly was an rear end-beating

Dhiego Lima on UFC 184 bout with Tim Means: 'Let's see who falls first'

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

See, Gleison was smart.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I like the direction of the new TUF.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

did Rogan just call him Lyoto Machida?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

willie_dee posted:

Poor Munoz

Yeah. Munoz has had a tough loving break since that Leben match.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

So far this is bald man casual conversation time. :smith:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fight owned like I thought it was gonna but it was too short. Still, cool to see Ferguson keep winning.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

BrianPhillips posted:

T-Ferg again keeps showing real technique on the mat and striking.

I'm not really surprised but drat. His next fight is gonna be very relevant.

I've been a fan since TUF and I want him to do well but he's not that far removed from a too-competitive-for-comfort fight with Danny Castillo. if Tony fights a guy like Bendo or Johnson again he's gonna get beat.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

tesilential posted:

How bout Ferguson vs Michael Johnson?

You can watch UFC on FOX 3 to see this match. It would go the exact same way today since that was the bout where Johnson started turning things around and being a slick striker.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat this card has owned for the most part.

PPV mma is the best mma

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat, conor's sort of a big deal

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Al-Saqr posted:

Sorry this is the first time I ever watch the UFC live so I'm kinda used to the stereotype of the boxing 10 count, It's interesting to see how mms treats KOs.

it's safer than boxing. And since you might be wondering: just because a fighter earns a knockdown in MMA does not award them an automatic 10-8 round. Knockdowns are a frequent occurrence in matches, but if you score a couple you probably will get a 10-8 round.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lloyd Boner posted:

drat Kos is old

that was my thought too. I mean we all know he's been around since TUF 1 but you don't really think about it until you see that 37 next to his name. He's been around for a long rear end time.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

well this fight is happening i guess

3 years in the making!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

drat that was sweet how Ellenberger pulled that out of nowhere.

This ref should quit reffing fights I think

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

holy gently caress. Ellenberger was going to kill a man to get another win.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

loving hell it gets gnarly and gnarly the more times they show it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MagicCube posted:

Aish, aish. Someone call Jake Shields, we got a mare over here for him.

lol

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yea.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

EmmyOk posted:

So nervous

whatever happens is gonna be cool and good for MMA

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

laugh my rear end off.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Rousey's greatest challenger yet gets finished the quickest. Goood lord.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Eltoasto posted:

Does it start to hurt her as a draw if she keeps winning in like 10 seconds?

hell no. she's doing it differently every time. it's so sweet.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

This is not a good interview decision guys. Cut the broadcast.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Ya'll are falling for a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How were all the fights

Quite good. Aside from a weird prelim fight that ended by eye poke & a so-so co-main it would have been a solid choice for card of the year.

• Locked thread