Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I like biting almonds in half and then eating each half individually.

Barbarian! Use a knife and fork like a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Stoatbringer posted:

Barbarian! Use a knife and fork like a human being.

How do you eat it, with your hands?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd like to add the word "rad" to my list of things I don't like reading.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

"perf". I hate that loving word. "she's so perf" "oh that's perf" gently caress YOUUuuuu

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Sociopastry posted:

"perf". I hate that loving word. "she's so perf" "oh that's perf" gently caress YOUUuuuu

See also, "gorg," "sesh," and "vacay," or worse, "vaca." I can only read this as "Only three hours and twelve minutes of work until COWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
When people refuse to accept that "consommé" is just French for "consume" and that they have no idea what I'm talking about when I order one of those half-assed "soups" as a bowl of "consume."

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

quote:

I can only read this as "Only three hours and twelve minutes of work until COWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

I thought it was just me.

My favorite thing today is that I can't stop thinking about how mad it makes me that not only do people still think autism means "no feelings and no sense of humor" in America in two thousand and goddamn fifteen, somebody who is supposedly my friend had the loving audacity to say that to my face.

"You don't understand jokes, because you have autism."

What the actual undiluted gently caress

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

See also, "gorg," "sesh," and "vacay," or worse, "vaca." I can only read this as "Only three hours and twelve minutes of work until COWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

"Hubby" and "preggers". :argh:

Also, couples who say "we're pregnant". No, only one of you is.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

People on the something awful internet forums who say "hope this helps" for no reason.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Well that's just asking for it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
When people capitalize "lol"

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

When people capitalize "lol"

LOL

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

People who gently caress up speaking a word and make random mouth noises for the next 10-15 seconds. You're not giving the State of the Union address; correct yourself or just move the gently caress on.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
There's a sandwich place I go to for lunch. I always ask for lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise, and they always repeat back "So, that's mayo, lettuce, tomato?" I realize they're probably trained to repeat back/confirm the toppings in the order they go on the sandwich, but it feels like I'm being "corrected" on the most annoyingly pointless thing possible.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Microwaves without a rotating plate. Basically every office cafeteria has industrial microwaves that are really powerful, which is good. But for some loving reason there's no rotation function? This makes my food reheat extremely uneven. In the space of an inch it goes from ice cold to scalding which is not nice! And before you say you can just turn your dish 180° halfway through, that doesn't work either and still cooks uneven.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

This is a New York thing, but people who say "on line" instead of "in line." The line is the assortment of people waiting for something folks, not a physical object or a place! How can you be on it dammit? Also it sounds stupid since being "online" has the whole internet connotation now.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jaramin posted:

This is a New York thing, but people who say "on line" instead of "in line." The line is the assortment of people waiting for something folks, not a physical object or a place! How can you be on it dammit? Also it sounds stupid since being "online" has the whole internet connotation now.

Yeah but the line is something created by a social pact--the act of a group of strangers agreeing to stand in a specific arrangement manifests as an invisible connection between the feet of the people standing on opposite ends of the line. In this sense, you are physically standing on the idea of the line. You may stand slightly askew, but the line is still beneath your feet as long as you choose to wait for the same thing as everybody else.

As a matter of fact, surfing the web should be known as "in line", because you are in the web.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Women in our family who insist on getting white pizza and then don't eat it. I never understand it. Let's take a juicy tomato sauce from a pizza and get rid of that poo poo, then throw a bunch of dried-out broccoli on top to make an unsatisfying pizza that tastes like an un-hydrated sponge. I helped my dad wash the siding on their house and change two vehicles' oil over the weekend. Afterwards, we wanted some pizzas from a really good brick oven place nearby. All of the women in our family over 30 vetoed getting two seafood pizzas, opting instead for a seafood and a white pizza. After finally cleaning up and getting to the kitchen, guess which one was untouched and which one had one slice left. I don't know if it's only my family, but my friends and co-workers have all done it, too.

Plan Z has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Apr 27, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My wife is obsessed with getting delivery food. If she's had a bad day at work or she's tired or whatever she'll hassle me to get delivery for dinner and it always sucks. She ends up spending $40 or $50 because of the markup most places put on their delivery menus then spends an hour moping around waiting for the food to turn up and half the time it's late or the restaurant fucks the order up or whatever and it just seems like such an unsatisfying way to go about things when I could cook her something or drive to the shops and buy takeout in half the time for way less cost.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tiggum posted:

"Hubby" and "preggers". :argh:

Also, couples who say "we're pregnant". No, only one of you is.

People who refer to their children as "babies."

Your kids are in the first grade, they aren't babies.

And their grandparents who call them "grandbabies."

Souvlaki ss
Mar 7, 2014

It's not tomorrow until I sleep
Grandbabies.. wtf?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Furrbabies.

No, gently caress you. They are my CATS.

Petsmart has a new thing now with ads how having a pet is just like having a furry kid. A poster of a woman holding a cat declaring the order in her house is cat, her, then husband, but shhhh don't tell her husband!

I love my cats and snakes and all my pets. But call them furrbabies and I will think you loving insane.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
After seeing Big Hero Six I call my dog a 'hairrrrrry baby' all the time but then I also call him a 'hosed up tiny wolf' and 'rear end in a top hat raccoon' so I think it balances out. My dad gets super paternal and 'dadly' whenever he comes over to visit the dog though because I think he knows he's never going to get grandkids out of me and that weirds me out a lot.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Davros1 posted:

People who refer to their children as "babies."

Your kids are in the first grade, they aren't babies.

And their grandparents who call them "grandbabies."

Oh god...I HATE 'grandbabies.' My stepmother calls her grandkids this. And even though she's not that old, her kid couldn't keep it in his pants and now her grand'babies' have children of their own...and two of the others are in college.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Furrbabies.

Petsmart has a new thing now with ads how having a pet is just like having a furry kid. A poster of a woman holding a cat declaring the order in her house is cat, her, then husband, but shhhh don't tell her husband!

I love my cats and snakes and all my pets. But call them furrbabies and I will think you loving insane.

Ditto this. My mom calls them "furkids," or worse, "kitkins." No, I very specifically did NOT have kids. I have a cat because I like cats. I do not have kids because I don't like kids. I have a cat, she is not my child, she is a 16 year old cat. I get it--pets are family to me, too. But my cat is not my baby--she's more of a best friend who bosses me around a lot.

I've noticed people get really wonky if I order vegetarian or vegan food. I'm not a vegan because reasons, but I love vegan food, and if I'm going to eat a vegan soup or entree, I'm not going to put bacon on it just because it's there. Just because I am not vegan doesn't mean I have to eat meat for every meal. People can't seem to figure out that sometimes I just want vegetables because duh, they're good. And no, I'm not on a diet just because I like to eat vegetables. They taste good and they're good for me. What's the problem?

Maggie Fletcher has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Apr 28, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Furrbabies.

People who refer to themself (or another pet owner) as the pet's mother or father. What the gently caress is wrong with you? It's a loving cat, not a child.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I've noticed people get really wonky if I order vegetarian or vegan food. I'm not a vegan because reasons, but I love vegan food, and if I'm going to eat a vegan soup or entree, I'm not going to put bacon on it just because it's there. Just because I am not vegan doesn't mean I have to eat meat for every meal. People can't seem to figure out that sometimes I just want vegetables because duh, they're good. And no, I'm not on a diet just because I like to eat vegetables. They taste good and they're good for me. What's the problem?

I'm pretty sure saying something like "I don't feel like bacon today" could fix this a lot better than a long, passive-aggressive diatribe on the internet. Mainly because I don't believe for a second that anyone really gives a poo poo about your eating habits and, instead, were just making polite small talk which you somehow construed as a personal attack.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I hate this. I've been losing weight recently and all I hear from my family is that I'm starving myself, that I'm only eating rabbit food, blah blah blah. It's like, if I want to have a snack of delicious asparagus or a nice summer salad that is my business. I don't see how that hurts anyone else.

It's gotten way worse, too, because I'm eating actual normal portion sizes instead fo the massive portions I grew up on. My family seems to think I'm anorexic now, but I'm really not. I'm just tired of being fat.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Grocery stores that put all their produce as close to their front doors as possible. With the change in temperatures, I constantly see places swapping out rotten or moldy food because the store is air conditioned at like 75ºF, but people are constantly walking in and out during 90-100º+ degree days. Even worse, places like loving Walmart of all stores that will let the food get moldy and rotten and just sit there to spread to everything else. Mmm...those fuzzy green mushy strawberries look so appetizing, as do the rotten, bruised, lovely apples or withering oranges right across the aisle. :barf:

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
I know it's dumb and petty and silly, but hearing 'Jaguar' pronounced as 'jagwire' bugs me.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

Irish Joe posted:

I'm pretty sure saying something like "I don't feel like bacon today" could fix this a lot better than a long, passive-aggressive diatribe on the internet. Mainly because I don't believe for a second that anyone really gives a poo poo about your eating habits and, instead, were just making polite small talk which you somehow construed as a personal attack.

I've had people do the 'now i feel fat' thing if i order a vegetarian/healthy item as they order a fatty/bacony item. But it's usually the people who saw me eat a fatty/bacony item the previous day while they had the healthy option.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

rockinricky posted:

I know it's dumb and petty and silly, but hearing 'Jaguar' pronounced as 'jagwire' bugs me.

Same, but "jag-yew-uh"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
People who don't understand sales.

Sale price $1 each, sale ends 4/20/15

Usual price $4 each.

On 4/28/15 how many loving people do I have to hear whine about the sale being over and they wish they were TOLD it was just a sale and not standard pricing! When the loving ad says SALE.

Along those lines, people who don't get supply and demand: when you have a LOT of X, you charge less to move X along. Less X, more money for X.

Idiots on social media who call out other people and, when they get a reply to their insults, insist the insultee 'take the high road and not make this public.' Bitch, you posted up a huge thing to the 'homewrecker' who your husband hosed and made it public and expect him not to reply to it?

And cunts who start every conversation with "I'm on a budget! I DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF," while looking at me expectantly as if they think those words will open a treasure vault of deals. rear end in a top hat, NO ONE wants to overpay, no one wants to get ripped off, this isn't loving Harry Potter and saying a spell won't change poo poo!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Cowslips Warren posted:

Idiots on social media who call out other people and, when they get a reply to their insults, insist the insultee 'take the high road and not make this public.' Bitch, you posted up a huge thing to the 'homewrecker' who your husband hosed and made it public and expect him not to reply to it?

Since you brought up dumb social media behaviors, I can't stand when people can't just loving ignore/block someone quietly.

"HAHAHA WELCOME TO MY BLOCK LIST DUMB poo poo"

You don't have to say that, you know. You can just do it and move on, but some people just have to have the last word.

KoB
May 1, 2009
People who take criticism as an insult.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Multiple exclamation points on one sentence.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

No Such Thing posted:

Multiple exclamation points on one sentence.

But they're for emphasis!!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

So are question marks????

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It makes me picture the person gesticulating wildly after they have already finished speaking.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Music tracks with "hidden" songs that are separated from the proper song by five or six minutes of silence. Yeah I really want to listen to five minutes of silence when I put my music library on random and it lands on one of these songs. I could make duplicates of the songs and then modify each copy to start/stop where each song begins/ends, but that's sort of a pain in the rear end.

People who inquire about a relatively uncommon problem, but then abruptly follow up with "NEVER MIND, FIXED IT, CLOSE THREAD". And then when you have the same problem as them, Google invariably leads you to a bunch of posts like this, except they're three years old and you still have no idea how they fixed the problem.

People who carry around a photo of somebody they claim to know, but it's really just one of the pictures that comes with a picture frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

People who carry around a photo of somebody they claim to know, but it's really just one of the pictures that comes with a picture frame.

If this is actually a thing, it's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.