Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WetNightmare

by sebmojo
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/18406/why-are-droids-tortured

I remember this scene from one of the original trilogy movies. I also remember the droid was "screaming" as it was tortured.

Why would someone torture a droid? How could it be effective? It's a Robot!

Where a droid that very likely was only designed to feel pain, is tortured by the assistant droid 8D8.

The true reason for this whole mess is a certain droid, EV-9D9, that started its existence in Cloud City. It later worked for Jabba as some sort of administrator for his droids. I cannot describe it better than wookiepedia, so here's the important excerpt:

She [EV-9D9] kept a laboratory deep in the bowels of Jabba's Palace, where she built grotesque droids from extra parts that existed only to feel pain. During her years spent there she added several upgrades to herself so that she could feel more of the droid equivalent of pleasure while watching the coolant from dismembered droids pour out of them while using her droid assistant 8D8 to burn the helpless victims.

So to summarise, the reason EV-9D9 tortures droids is because she genuinely enjoys it. And the reason for Jabba to allow and encourage this is because it works a "great" way to motivate his droid-servants.

^ AND THATS STAR WARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

staww wawws

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

everyone should play x-wang it's a good game

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

GEExCEE

rogue squadron mang

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
Built For Pain
  /
8-[]

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GEExCEE

:sploosh:

Piso Mojado

GEExCEE posted:

:sploosh:

noice mang

pig slut lisa

irl is good

they just made a movie about this, it's smshing box office records as we speak

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pig slut lisa

irl is good

the excitement of interstellar dogfights, now without the terrors of the third dimension

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
it is important to figure out exactly what is going on during the android torture scene in star wars

----------------

pogi

Chill la Chill posted:

everyone should play x-wang it's a good game

I love me some good x-wang

joke_explainer

somebody was like 'ugh, these robots are great, I love that they have personalities, they're really useful slaves, but the only thing bugging me about them is that they can't feel pain. can we make some kind of chip to make them feel pain? that'd be great.'

GEExCEE

its a sex thing

GEExCEE

it makes the robots horny

google THIS

darth vader: it's called "enhanced droid interrogation" and it helps us capture rebels

cuntman.net

if they dont feel pain then how can you torture them

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Sleepy Owl posted:

if they dont feel pain then how can you torture them

Emotionally

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
darth vader hates robot people

Al Borland

by XyloJW
to prevent future 9/11s duh.

----------------

Piso Mojado

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK10F6iA8E

wearing a lampshade

Do you think Luthor was in love with clark

Korean Boomhauer
the guy from star wars died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU