Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I generally think you shouldn't use a lathe if you've had ANYTHING to drink, and you really shouldn't operate anything else if you're actually drunk, even a rotary tool. But maybe you could have a shot and use a rotary tool. I don't know. Wear safety glasses. You have ten fingers and they're all okay, but your eyes are more than the sum of their parts and you shouldn't consider one of them superfluous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
14 beers, tops

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Let?
My alcoholism is a secondary power source for them.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
I never leave home without plugging in

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i drink to wash away my troubles OP, when using my "power tool"

open container
Sep 16, 2008
I just stick to beer and have as many as I want (I don't get drunk off beer)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Sawzall drunk: okay
Chainsaw drunk: not okay

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
I normally use a router or chainsaw with at least 4 shots of everclear

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

As much as it takes to finish the job

F hole
May 13, 2008

Kinetica posted:

I normally use a router or chainsaw with at least 4 shots of everclear

Everclear also can be used as a lacquer thinner. Good thinking.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

none because I'm clumsy enough sober

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Pick posted:

you really shouldn't operate anything else if you're actually drunk, even a rotary tool.

explain the blender. it is made for the margarita and the mudslide.

explain the dually. it is made for the margarita and the mudslide.

lucyyyyy! better get to 'splainin!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the combined value of stuff I've accidentally knocked down or broken is probably more than all the money i've made in my life.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just hire poors to use tools for me while I sip my bourbon.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
how does one ever get very good at the inebriated operation of machinery without practice, anyway??

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i drink a fair bit of dew when im rockin the power glove op

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
NEIGHBOR HAS OWN HOOCH ONLY HAS 6 FINGERS

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
what if a daterapist spikes our zima with cat tranqs? we steal his keys, but haven't had sufficient practice drivining under the influence of ketamine and tequila. this is the state of democracy, im fraid

state-based learning is an important concept. i ran out of weed and no longer aced college exams.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

drunkenness makes taping back the safety springo f a nailgun seem like a good idea.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

"wouldn't it be cool to drag this band saw into the middle of the room while it's on"
-me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Izumi Konata posted:

explain the blender. it is made for the margarita and the mudslide.

explain the dually. it is made for the margarita and the mudslide.

lucyyyyy! better get to 'splainin!

I meant like a Dremel, i jsut didn't want my post to seem sponsored

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

"hey this air hose is pretty useful, wouldn't it be more useful if I turned the pressure way up??"
-also me

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Pick posted:

I meant like a Dremel, i jsut didn't want my post to seem sponsored

ummm, precision crafts like watchmaking and gundam modification should only be undertaken under the light influence of amphetamines and wine coolers

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've had good results with booze and an airbrush.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I generally think you shouldn't use a lathe if you've had ANYTHING to drink, and you really shouldn't operate anything else if you're actually drunk, even a rotary tool. But maybe you could have a shot and use a rotary tool. I don't know. Wear safety glasses. You have ten fingers and they're all okay, but your eyes are more than the sum of their parts and you shouldn't consider one of them superfluous.

What are you? Gay?

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
State-dependent dependant dependent learning is a helluva drug.

e: I could spell (and had more confidence) before I stopped drinking

Arriviste fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 1, 2015

Number Six
Aug 18, 2005
You're probably just a pussy, OP. I operate extremely dangerous multi-million dollar equipment while blackout drunk every day for a long time. I still have all my fingers and I've never been in serious accident. You're really underestimating the capabilities of drunks. Some people can handle alcohol better.

Matt18001
Feb 28, 2015
As long as I can still open my drinks with the power tools, I'm not too drunk yet.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
jsut enough to stop the shakes

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I'll pilot a 60 ton boat with twin 700hp diesels while lit up, but in my defense I'm really good at it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I would consider a lathe more of a machine than a tool. If you can't carry it by hand, it aint a tool.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bishop posted:

I'll pilot a 60 ton boat with twin 700hp diesels while lit up, but in my defense I'm really good at it.

I've never actually seen anyone drive a boat sober.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Would not mess with a lathe but I generally wait till I'm about four beers in before goign to work with the grinder so I don't feel it as much when it chops into the heel of my hand

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bishop posted:

That's not much of an accomplishment, from what I can tell every sailor is drunk p. much all the time.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Dave_Indeed posted:

I've never actually seen anyone drive a boat sober.
there have been some storms at sea where I was dead sober and pissing myself, but on a good day it owns to be the captain with a buzz. One of my favorite moments was a friend putting a pipe in my mouth as I was doing an approach to key west harbor. High as gently caress while dodging reefs and cruise ships. Nothing could ever go wrong here

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dave_Indeed posted:

What are you? Gay?

im a woman

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I get really drunk every time i work on my car, but I'm in an apartment so i have to use hand tools. But then later i drive the car, sober

Really makes you think

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Izumi Konata posted:

how does one ever get very good at the inebriated operation of machinery without practice, anyway??

carefully

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Operating medium sized chainsaws while on 3+ grams of mushrooms is about all I allow myself to do these days, once you have kids it kind of mellows you out :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a messed up horse posted:

jsut enough to stop the shakes

• Locked thread