Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
:synpe:

i am starting a list of names for cats. here is the first cat name. it is "puddy dumplins" the second name is "scheming me-me" and the thrid name is "grumple wumpkins". the fourth name is "woozy pawsies" i hope you like my list. fourth name: "turnup". a bold new name enters: "smucky". thats teh 7th nam. first "sausage paddy" then its "lumpanoodle". the 8th name is "sandy paws" which is next. a bit of a guest, "wootiebabeh" courtesy of movign shadow. the next name "little munchkin", whos best friends with "grumple wumpkins", but then after that its the name "sneezle", then finally a split: "putzy" and "old man jenkins". if it was "ghargle" now its "stretchy stroodle". further on the list: "fluffer muffle" and his sister "little fluffy muffy". a pair to consider from wiley lylely: one is "tommy katkins", and another is "fuzzy fluffystuff". also the long awaited "sour patches". new: "sally basket" newer: "precious pumpkin" and his brother "pokey pauly." also a distant cousin: "cookie bootie". pumpkin's best friend is "lily lafay" and cookie's is "crusty" but pokey doesnt have any friends besides his brother. all abotu trout knows all about "snuggy bumpkin". i like "shugar raindrop" too. have you ever heard of a cat named "poodle" well now you have. my friend "uncle wrinkles". Fucktard idiot thinks that "pirate prentice" would be a good name for a cat. next "gooey gumdrop". and "boopsie doodoo". leg sez "mr scruffles", breese sez "TUrkey", and i agree. and i just thought of "sloppy appleasause". grover sugested "tremendous dickhead!" but awkpwas likes "moopsy doodle." "windy sprite" is pretty good but "tickley tum-tum" might be the best one yet. "serious norman" may be a rather noble foe but "squirmy wormy" is "snot". "looky", "lucky", "lackey", and "licky" are triplets and also all best friends at the same time. meat the funny feelers, who feel funny: "funnyfeely" and "funnyfeeleroo". next up is your favourite, number 38, "the little pickle theif". booof likes "stack pluckins" and wolf puppy humbly suggest "mewbert" but i think hes maybe a spy so if it turns out he is just ignore this itme on the cat list. twisty appreciates "Leopold Twinkleberry"... so there. for fans of "The Wire", there's now "Bunny Cuddlin'". micy likes "moldy cups" and so do i. introducing: "crandall" from beowolf lagrange; good. from chobes, "mr rubbybelly"; good. "sootikin" is considered by some to be a rather nice name for a cat. if youd like, a cats name maybe will be Yoshy moma . What do I think of "pippin purr" as a name for a cat? "Great". I think if acaring girl had a cat she might just shorten it to "pippy," though. pupple i think another good name for a cat would be "Purple." another a good name for a cat is "wikipe-tama" [tama is a common name for a cat in japan - lyle] "Caboodle" and "Chutney" sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g... Mean Mr. Mustard, who was reall y mean but now hes really nice b/c he gets lots of hugs and kises from his mommy. morroc sez that "tractor" would be a pretty good name for a pretty good cat. i like "roger." skylark just named his new cat "Skiddle Girl". my good friend Lenin named his cat and dog Приятель and Носков - Russian for Socks and Buddy, respectively. meow-meow is a pretty interesting name, it hink if you're interested. MrPissyMitts. Puddin' Pop. jenny has "Frilly Frocks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

Izumi Konata posted:

i am starting a list of names for cats. here is the first cat name. it is "puddy dumplins" the second name is "scheming me-me" and the thrid name is "grumple wumpkins". the fourth name is "woozy pawsies" i hope you like my list. fourth name: "turnup". a bold new name enters: "smucky". thats teh 7th nam. first "sausage paddy" then its "lumpanoodle". the 8th name is "sandy paws" which is next. a bit of a guest, "wootiebabeh" courtesy of movign shadow. the next name "little munchkin", whos best friends with "grumple wumpkins", but then after that its the name "sneezle", then finally a split: "putzy" and "old man jenkins". if it was "ghargle" now its "stretchy stroodle". further on the list: "fluffer muffle" and his sister "little fluffy muffy". a pair to consider from wiley lylely: one is "tommy katkins", and another is "fuzzy fluffystuff". also the long awaited "sour patches". new: "sally basket" newer: "precious pumpkin" and his brother "pokey pauly." also a distant cousin: "cookie bootie". pumpkin's best friend is "lily lafay" and cookie's is "crusty" but pokey doesnt have any friends besides his brother. all abotu trout knows all about "snuggy bumpkin". i like "shugar raindrop" too. have you ever heard of a cat named "poodle" well now you have. my friend "uncle wrinkles". Fucktard idiot thinks that "pirate prentice" would be a good name for a cat. next "gooey gumdrop". and "boopsie doodoo". leg sez "mr scruffles", breese sez "TUrkey", and i agree. and i just thought of "sloppy appleasause". grover sugested "tremendous dickhead!" but awkpwas likes "moopsy doodle." "windy sprite" is pretty good but "tickley tum-tum" might be the best one yet. "serious norman" may be a rather noble foe but "squirmy wormy" is "snot". "looky", "lucky", "lackey", and "licky" are triplets and also all best friends at the same time. meat the funny feelers, who feel funny: "funnyfeely" and "funnyfeeleroo". next up is your favourite, number 38, "the little pickle theif". booof likes "stack pluckins" and wolf puppy humbly suggest "mewbert" but i think hes maybe a spy so if it turns out he is just ignore this itme on the cat list. twisty appreciates "Leopold Twinkleberry"... so there. for fans of "The Wire", there's now "Bunny Cuddlin'". micy likes "moldy cups" and so do i. introducing: "crandall" from beowolf lagrange; good. from chobes, "mr rubbybelly"; good. "sootikin" is considered by some to be a rather nice name for a cat. if youd like, a cats name maybe will be Yoshy moma . What do I think of "pippin purr" as a name for a cat? "Great". I think if acaring girl had a cat she might just shorten it to "pippy," though. pupple i think another good name for a cat would be "Purple." another a good name for a cat is "wikipe-tama" [tama is a common name for a cat in japan - lyle] "Caboodle" and "Chutney" sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g... Mean Mr. Mustard, who was reall y mean but now hes really nice b/c he gets lots of hugs and kises from his mommy. morroc sez that "tractor" would be a pretty good name for a pretty good cat. i like "roger." skylark just named his new cat "Skiddle Girl". my good friend Lenin named his cat and dog Приятель and Носков - Russian for Socks and Buddy, respectively. meow-meow is a pretty interesting name, it hink if you're interested. MrPissyMitts. Puddin' Pop. jenny has "Frilly Frocks"

okay

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP

Izumi Konata posted:

mr. mustard hell yeah

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Turcules is the superior turtle name, bar none.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Answers to "XERXES"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Goku or Gary.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Yeah and there needs to be a critical analysis of how names are chosen per animal.

For instance, dogs are all "bro this" and "bro that".
While cats are always super feminine hyphen-names.

Whereas lizards are allowed a variety of names.

Liza the lizard (Winklestein)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Izumi Konata posted:

the little pickle thief and skiddle girl are extremely good names, like unusually good

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

redshirt posted:

Yeah and there needs to be a critical analysis of how names are chosen per animal.

For instance, dogs are all "bro this" and "bro that".
While cats are always super feminine hyphen-names.

Whereas lizards are allowed a variety of names.

Liza the lizard (Winklestein)

even with the good last name (winklestein is top-tier last name for any animal) liza the lizard is painfully derivative. "chucky from the film 'childs play' and its sequels" winklestein is a good lizard name and a rare instance where a human first name is cool for an animal, thanks to the nuanced structure of its middle name

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Gatekeeper posted:

the little pickle thief and skiddle girl are extremely good names, like unusually good

a cool guy named "gooey" compiled these names.

i think his real name is Goku Gary

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Izumi Konata posted:

a cool guy named "gooey" compiled these names.

i think his real name is Goku Gary
a powerful name

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

even with the good last name (winklestein is top-tier last name for any animal) liza the lizard is painfully derivative. "chucky from the film 'childs play' and its sequels" winklestein is a good lizard name and a rare instance where a human first name is cool for an animal, thanks to the nuanced structure of its middle name

Or Lou,
Lila,
Lilly,
Laffer,
Loughren,
Lucifer.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

VICTOR is good.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

redshirt posted:

Or Lou,
Lila,
Lilly,
Laffer,
Loughren,
Lucifer.

i guess alliteration can be pretty cool sometimes, more so for lizards than other animals. danny the dog or cordelia the cat are poo poo names, lilly the lizard however is a slice of all right

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
h.r. pupnstuff

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

redshirt posted:

Or Lou,
Lila,
Lilly,
Laffer,
Loughren,
Lucifer.

lucille and lucius. u'd probably just end up calling them lulu in the end, but they are respectable names.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

_______ CURES ________ format was good for pets for a brief period of time a few years ago but today its pretty played, i'm glad i named my cat weedlord bonerhitler instead of DICK CURES PUSSIES like i wanted originally

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

i guess alliteration can be pretty cool sometimes, more so for lizards than other animals. danny the dog or cordelia the cat are poo poo names, lilly the lizard however is a slice of all right

Well this is my thesis. For each animal we have a style of name that is culturally dominant - different in every culture, no doubt, however, consistent within each culture.

Your precious "Kitty Fantastico" is just part of a larger cultural hegemony.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Izumi Konata posted:

lucille and lucius. u'd probably just end up calling them lulu in the end, but they are respectable names.

Lou

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

all good animals deserve their own last name free from the entanglements of their owner's undoubtedly terrible familial legacy. even loughren the lizard gets to be loughren the lizard dickinson or loughren leopold lucifer the lizard lexington or something and all your posts to the contrary make me very uneasy, its as though you don't even like animals or something

and come on, no one who really cares about animals would name a cat 'kitty scruffington' or whatever, 'kitty' is never an acceptable pet name unless its an ironic pet name, like a hissing cockroach named kitty scruffington, and even then it's extremely questionable

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

my cat name onion

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

all good animals deserve their own last name free from the entanglements of their owner's undoubtedly terrible familial legacy. even loughren the lizard gets to be loughren the lizard dickinson or loughren leopold lucifer the lizard lexington or something and all your posts to the contrary make me very uneasy, its as though you don't even like animals or something

and come on, no one who really cares about animals would name a cat 'kitty scruffington' or whatever, 'kitty' is never an acceptable pet name unless its an ironic pet name, like a hissing cockroach named kitty scruffington, and even then it's extremely questionable

Do you really think a man - a real man - of a hundred years ago named his dog "Sir Wolfenstein" or even had a cat? That dog's name was Butch or some such and that dog liked it fine.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
steve

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

redshirt posted:

Do you really think a man - a real man - of a hundred years ago named his dog "Sir Wolfenstein" or even had a cat? That dog's name was Butch or some such and that dog liked it fine.

butch is the gayest name and any dog who likes being called butch should just be put in a kill shelter because it clearly doesn't respect itself. obv sir wolfenstein is a human being name for human being men to call their human being dogs, but actually the most popular dog name during the war to end all wars was "the kentucky kaiserkiller" and real men around the globe fighting on the side of justice gave their dogs this noble name, and the dogs were proud to bear it. i wouldn't expect you to understand

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I think pets should have one name like humans did in the ancient times. Once that lazy piece of poo poo fuckin contributes to society more than crapping on the floor, then we can start thinking about it. Once they are smart enough and responsible enough to pay taxes then they can get real people family names. Until then I'm gonna call my idiot gay dog Archimedes and do poo poo like neuter him. Also names like Pluto, "old man," "balogna lips," Wanda, Blondie, berg, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
dick dorkins

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My neighbors had a 3 legged cat they never bother to name so it was just called Cat.

F hole
May 13, 2008

I once had a parrot named Bruno before I had to move. That bird owned :parrot:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
As my grandma calls her pets:
Cat
Dog

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

F hole posted:

I once had a parrot named Bruno before I had to move. That bird owned :parrot:

i had a macaw named duff mckagan, he too owned. based solely on names, however, i'm assuming bruno owned more

brotato
May 14, 2013
My cats don't have last names because I was hoping they would become famous like Madonna and Cher.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

when the dog wont stop barking i sometimes call it shithead mcfuckface hope tht helps op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

i had a macaw named duff mckagan, he too owned. based solely on names, however, i'm assuming bruno owned more

Duff McKagan sounds like a bitch made macaw.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

macaw who makes it with bitches, maybe

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
macaroni

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i have a dog named rufus

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Daedra posted:

i have a dog named rufus

A proper dog's name.

Millenials would name him Rufus T. Barksalot.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

redshirt posted:

A proper dog's name.

Millenials would name him Rufus T. Barksalot.

or "rufus like george carlin's character from bill and ted's excellent adventure" written on the dog's AKC papers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

brb, buying a dog so i can write "weedlord bonerhitler" on the akc registration

• Locked thread