Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

After the leak, it had to go out of layout and back into editing for being too long, but apparently it went back out of editing shortly after that so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm not super great at math, but this sounds like conditional probability problem.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Can you timg that? That is breaking some tables.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pretty sure 3.5 RAW sells at half list price, if that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

What really needs to be kept in mind is that Wizards of the Coast by and large doesn't see D&D as much of a thing. The D&D guys can do whatever because it's never been a cash cow, and Magic is where all the big name stuff happens - and Magic is the forward-thinking, inclusive game they produce.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, the problem with Legends was less its subject matter and more that it was made by a bunch of playtesters early on. No one had developed the understanding of games that R&D has now, let alone understanding of Magic specifically.

That said: they will never cross the streams because Magic prefers to use weirder and more creative worlds than 'generic D&D fantasy setting.' (Zendikar, for example, is much weirder than most D&D settings, given it's based around a plane where the environment is in constant flux due to an overabundance of mana.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

PresidentBeard posted:

Scion had much much bigger mechanical problems, so the simple grappling rules are only a small comfort.

Yeah, it's telling that the grappling rules were basically the high point for Scion.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

When they overturned key parts of the Voting Rights Act. I want to say it was last year.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Continuum is many things but I have never before seen it accused of being boring.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yes.

And having read and reviewed the entire thing: it is borderline unplayable but it also has massive entertainment value when read.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Hi there. Can someone please name for me the most idiot-proof, Java-free character generation software that works with Pathfinder? I've just spent two days cleaning my father's PC but he's still dead set on playing in this new game that he's never had a loving hand in before and is all won over by THIS FANCY SOFTWARE THAT MAKES CHARACTERS EASY that just gave him at least 15 trojans and I cannot trust him to be around.

It's still scanning a room over. I'm hesitant to wipe the entire loving thing because I still need to try and recover his tax data from the entire system, but this should tell you the level of "as dumb as possible" I need to work with here. He still thinks this is all a big loving laugh when it got into his email and has his tax files.

http://www.pathguy.com/PathfinderCore.htm

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Pathguy's a weird site if you go poking around on it but dude makes decent javascript character makers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Evil Mastermind posted:

Refresh my memory; is Pillars of Eternity based on the Numenera engine?

No, that's Torment: Tides of Numenara. This is the one that is a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

• Locked thread