Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imma play Exalted Third Edition, the game I was most hyped for since forever and with god as my witness I will run the Imp Zone PBP game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

@#$&!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Racist Q*Bert meme.

A @#$%&! A @#$%&! Look there's a @#$%&!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K*Ramer

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*world games are good if you are a child or teenager playing for the first time but you can't take it seriously as an adult. *puffs on pipe sagely*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The absolute simplicity is attractive for someone who can only afford to have two six sided dice at home which I assume are only entry-level gamers but it's too boring for a long run campaign unless the GM is really good. Also whoever said that adult life is restrictive: well turns out it is. Because that is society. Quoth 1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

Captain Foo posted:

lol don't talk to plutonis

This isn't YOSPOS... Use correct punctuation please.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

Welcome to tradgames, where our universal language is uncritical acceptance of conservative expansionist imperialism with a side of celebrating the Great Man theory of history.

Some days I want to burn this hobby.

Oh my sweet Lord I don't think anything can top this post.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

We did it everyone! We managed to make the most Tradgames quote possible!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Stop replying to the Imp Zone shitposters, you idiots.

If this thread were more like the Imp Zone one it would have people tall about their hella cool Exalted characters instead of making bad posts defending *World.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

There's no such thing, though.

Are you trolling or being disingenuous on purpose?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

All Exalted characters I played and some of the ones my friends made were on fleek.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pathfinder, little brother.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Run the triad of win: Warhammer Fantasy, Ars Magica or Exalted 3E instead of Dungeon World man.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Or run Pendragon. I want to play Pendragon a lot after I read a game thread.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Simian_Prime posted:

*reads thread*

*starts making a Blue Rose campaign mod for Lamentations of the Flame Princess*

Please do.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I didn't like Monsterhearts much but Avery is a good person considering their alternative way of payment and I wish success on whatever they want to do now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Maaan I use neutrals exactly to prevent that sort of stuff

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I gave up on joining PBPs except for the long running ones I was already in and one that a good friend of mine invited me into and even so only after he said he was only picking people who were unlikely to flake out.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kudos for Thesaurasaurus for running a game that managed to survive for more than 2 years and has more words than the bible!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's p shameful of people's commitment to pbp that despite being a genetically lazy casual brazilian piece of poo poo that gets probotniks every 3 days i still managed to be more consistent posting than most of other players and GMs! Shikata ga nai.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

Sup all, just coming round to portray commitment to playing by post as a positive trait. Well, laters.

*erases Ferrinus from the invite list for the Exalted 3e/nWoD/TBZ homebrew crossover pbp campaign*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

"Stuff takes longer" is gamingonline.txt. Like, sorry, but if you aren't willing to accept that then the problem really isn't crunchy games, the problem is that you don't want to play by post. And that's fine, not everything's for everybody, but "oh no I might have to make a few more internet posts" isn't really what I would consider strain.

Speaking only for myself, I would rather deal with a drawn out combat where I can make an internet post moving things incrementally forward and then turn my attention towards something else than be stuck at a tabletop waiting around for poo poo to get finished and realizing that Jesus, this combat has taken two hours already.

Better 2+ hours on skype or irc than a week or worse, a loving month, on PBP. Speaking on personal experience as well!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ningyou posted:

yes good don't use roll20 that community is a roaring garbagefire of creeps and boring 5e/pf fuckboys and some weirdo trying to run a 12-person MH livegame

Please capitalize your posts and respect people who like 5e and PF and don't generalize a gaming community.

Although I didn't knew there was a Roll20 community I just used it on ircgames I was already in and on a Rogue Trader game that I played with YCSers before I had to drop out due to classes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

People have tried to run JJBA on every possible setting, you'd think that by elimination they would find the perfect one.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The "cripes" man.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'd still play Ars Magica even if Mark Rein@Haagen-Dasz was found to be a cannibal who enjoyed to jack off on babies to be honest (and there is no evidence to the contrary so the case is open). Would it make me a bad person? Well too late for that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

bunnielab posted:

Awesome, no idea why I didn't think to look at normal wiki. I found some D&D centric wiki but it was pretty crappy.

Sadly, I think I am a lovely grog. I have been following a few of the pbp game threads to get a feel for the new systems but all these sentient robots, half dragons, and the like give me the vapors.

I'm tired of all this monkey cheese bulb poo poo as well to be honest. Lets get back to the basics.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's p. much a dead industry now that videogames exist and honestly there won't be anything bigger than a few dudes selling pdfs in less than 10 years.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I would get in NEXT or PFU if Hasbro or Paizo got the former Black Isle people to make a computer RPG out of it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hmmmm hey guys you know what would legitimize your Old School RPG? A badass computer game like Planescape Torment or Baldur'd Gate or Icewind Dale.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Then I shall play Rope Kid's Pathfinder game and forever pray that he makes an Ars Magica one.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PublicOpinion posted:

The best way to make a Monsterhearts video game is obviously to make it a visual novel.

Guess it already has the underage sex part covered.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

True Brujah were the best thing to come out of Vampire: the Masquerade, which isn't surprising since they were featured in the best book for it.

Brujah have the spirit of the FSN Archer that a mass produced recent faker can often manage to beat the ever loving fawk of an ancient original.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Turns out being the Flash is much better than controlling time crap lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Night10194 posted:

While on the subject of weird kitchen sink settings...what IS it people see in Exalted's setting? I always hear 'It's a terrible rules system with an awesome setting and oh man the setting is so cool!' but it always seems kinda bland when described.

Well, when it isn't being terrible with all the creepy sex poo poo.

It's good.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

pre:
                              Dinosaurs Rule The Earth!
                               /                     \
                              /                   Eastern Epic +
                  Western Epic             Chinese Novels
                 /           \                 |        \
                /           Classical          |         \
      Lord Dunsany       Histories             |     Floating World
                \            /                 |         Prints
                 \          /                 Wuxia       |
                 Pulp Fantasy                    \       Anime
                /           \                     \     /
      Riverworld*    Pulp Revival                  CRPGs
               \             |                       /
                \            v                      /
                 +-----> Exalted <-----------------+

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I'd still feel pretty comfortable saying that "most" of the people who've read the 3e leak are more or less pleased.

It needs trimming and editing but its good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat I'm sure the EX3 guys would have a lot of good advice from the guy who invented the epic meme "SWORD-CHUCKS YO" and others from great comic 8-bit theater.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

If I didn't had an ircgame going on I could try gming a 4e game on roll20 or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a cool adversarial gming system could be fantasy dark souls where the PCs just spawn back in bonfires

• Locked thread