Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Ettin posted:

The completed core book of Breakfast Cult, hopefully. :getin:
Is the offer for people who missed it to get in on the Kickstarter still open? I sent an email to the address you listed a while back, but no response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

PresidentBeard posted:

If your GM is going off the series most sessions will involve nothing happening.

If your GM is going off the movies lots of exciting fights will happen but the story will feel a bit disjointed and poorly explained.
And if your GM is like anyone I've ever seen run Adeptus Evangelion (including myself, in actual tabletop play, which I understand is just not done?), you should expect something more akin to Godzilla: Final Wars meets Pacific Rim.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Ettin posted:

Which one did you email?
The InverseWorldGames Gmail account. If I can still get in, I'll paypal you ASAP. LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY, BRO.

Daphnaie posted:

Would you mind elaborating on the bit about actual tabletop play though? The game is going to be in person, so is there something we should watch out for? Or did you mean it's just a bit maths heavy?
Well, the game was designed by and for dudes on 4chan who play online with virtual tabletop programs, and even the dude(s) responsible reacted to my running an IRL game with "what". I ended up having to print out most of the charts for reference during play, bought a grid mat and a set of the Eva Kubricks that came out around that time which we kitbashed the hell out of (and added other stuff that happened to work, like a tiny revolver from a Vash the Stampede fig that happened to be the right size), and still had to have two of my four players bring laptops for reference whenever they got XP or other points to spend...which was like every session, because AdEva is written to be "Boss Rush: The TRPG".

That said? It was fun as hell while it lasted (I've run it twice, and both times the group I was running it for fell apart permanently due to OOC drama :(). You should be able to tell if your group is going to be fun by how the ST handles char-gen; I gave my players a lot of freedom to interpret their Eva generation rolls, and ended up with one player taking his kludged-together failed prototypes Eva that happened to roll the Mexican flag as a color scheme to the logical conclusion of "I'm piloting two different Evas duct-taped together", and another deciding his top-of-the-line experimental model Eva (that was partially funded by outside sources) was the pride and joy of the PRC, and had loudspeakers blaring old-school propagandist music whenever they sortied.

Went all-out with making original enemies to fight, too; the group(s) ended up fighting a giant vomiting sandworm, a teleporting moai head that set things it looked at on fire, and an infectious amoeboid blob (from what I remember off the top of my head).

Best parts of the game were the pilot's attempts to have a "normal" life, though. I remember the Manufactured kid permanently crippling his very first fan-boy when he rolled multiple exploding dice after shoving him out of the way, and the duct-tape Eva's pilot giving up national secrets in exchange for Vienna Beef hot dogs, because no one told him they were secrets.

...drat, now I want to try and run this again.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

gnome7 posted:

If you forward the money to that paypal with a message telling us what backer tier you want, we'll get you sorted as soon as there is material to send out.

Ettin posted:

Yeah, that email was given so people could paypal. Do that!
Done and done! Enjoy having more money.

Also, Ewen, this may sound weird and out-of-place, but...I've bought basically everything you've put out in print, yet I'm not really the Patreon type (or digital in general). So, just letting you know there's another person out there who loves when you release PoD stuff!

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Adding on to this, the game is designed by Clay Gardner, who created OVA! Very neat.
So, should we expect the cards sometime in late 2017?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm reminded of how I got to talk to Heinsoo about the awful dungeon for 13 True Ways, and I mentioned pushing against having it filled with goon jokes. It turned out was very grateful for that sort of thing, because he looked at those early ideas filled with goonery and was like "How the hell am I going to write that up?". :v:
Does anyone have a link to the "draft" version that got sent out despite the Goon hivemind begging otherwise? I remember it being a cringe-inducing trashpile of in-jokes.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Splicer posted:

No.

And AC doesn't stand for Armour Class.
Was that the same game where someone figured out that spec'ing an Ogre for Intimidation, giving the demand "take off your helmet and let me gently caress your face", and then sticking Ogre dick up their ear was an unbeatable strategy? Or did two places on the internet decide to actually run FATAL for some god damned reason?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Splicer posted:

My "favourite" part of FATAL was how the cursed armour that turned you into a jewish caricature made your nose bigger and your dick smaller, but the one that turned you into a black caricature only made people think your dick got bigger.

So petty :allears:
I recall, off the top of my head, that that's named "The Armor of Nigrous Nincompoopery". Something about the hosed-up Seuss-ian aspect of that book's racism just stands out. It's so weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

What other Toonami poo poo were there RPGs of?!
You're forgetting the king of unplayable Toonami RPGs. Fun story, I actually tried running a game of this. First session was a tournament, the adventure in the back of the book. Had some fun roleplaying, then got to the first match. Both players powered up, then the Saiyan PC sunk all his ki into extra actions and pasted his opponent a dozen times over. And that was the last time we played!

(One of the writers later made a tell-all thread about how they knew the game was broken and bullshit and their contract was terrible, but hey money's money. He also put out an unreleased manuscript that is HILARIOUS reading.)

Kai Tave posted:

BESM actually had two pretty cool setting sourcebooks come out for it that weren't direct anime licenses or anything. One was S. John Ross' Uresia: Grave of Heaven which is a charming, slightly tongue-in-cheek "anime fantasy" game full of living snowmen, battle chefs, and a nation of reformed villains trying to make good with mixed results, and Centauri Knights which is a somewhat more serious sci-fi setting in a Blue Planet/Eclipse Phase vein by David Pulver. I highly recommend both of these as a source for ideas if nothing else.
Centauri Knights was great and I'm disappointed they never did anything with it (even just adding "here's where we planned on going with the plot" notes when they put out the d20 books, like White Wolf did with Trinity). Never really seemed right for Tri-Stat, although their take on "magic" and "mecha" was neat.

Uresia, meanwhile, got bought back by S. John Ross, who put out a system-neutral version of the setting that I cannot recommend enough. I'll put it this way: I bought the "Stupid Expensive HyperDeluxe Omnibus Edition" after reading the teaser. On sale, sure, but still pricey.

• Locked thread