Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Information Technology, officially. But you all know the truth of it.

If you just power cycle the device you solve 66% of all computer problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
fail

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
gbspos bithc

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ping -a bitch

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

grep my pipe

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u prolly would get petter it advice from the computer proifessional in YOSPOS... just a suggestion

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smythe posted:

u prolly would get petter it advice from the computer proifessional in YOSPOS... just a suggestion

I think there's a few IT pros in GBS, thanks.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if a mod could move this thread tto yospos that would be cool, imo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
"Yeah, I'm an engineer"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
"Yeah, I went to college to work in a stupid and gay career field no one likes. Did you make sure the monitor was plugged in?"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

*rolls up 2 work in a volvo with a Linux penguin sticker*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah I got a ticket that said your pram needed to be zapped.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

*img catte meme *

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

*is a lonely single male who can't stop posting about cats*

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
let's do real talk about amazons cloudhsm

do you really trust that? I mean yeah, a Luna for p cheap is cool, but what happens if u don't have another Luna that u own with the client connected? well you're hosed

Plz understand proper key management gbs, hsms are only key protection

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Bookmarked Tabs:

reddit.com/r/futurism

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Users are literally digital trash.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

What r you gonna wear to dad's funeral, Matt?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

"yeah, I vape"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
amatuer houir in here... like a n00b party

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smythe posted:

amatuer houir in here... like a n00b party

Tell it to the mods, boyo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bunhc of gay homos tyring to "take the piss" out of computer proifesionals who make a deece 6 figges. lmfao scoff.

gbs: *says some inane retard poo poo nobody cares about*

rich YOSPOS alpha male: yea, ill take frys with that LOL

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

bunhc of gay homos tyring to "take the piss" out of computer proifesionals who make a deece 6 figges. lmfao scoff.

gbs: *says some inane retard poo poo nobody cares about*

rich YOSPOS alpha male: yea, ill take frys with that LOL

*makes 6 figures*
*doesn't know the loving touch of a woman*

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

5-HT posted:

*makes 6 figures*
*doesn't know the loving touch of a woman*

i said NO SALT on the frys ur gonna have2 make them again!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

UGH! Another WindowZ update?!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

*listens to electro-swing*

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

people who work IT are totally the kind of people that sit at the food window at mcdonalds and slowly check each and every item on their 30 dollar order for one

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

i said NO SALT on the frys ur gonna have2 make them again!!

i work in psych, so i get to deal with your rear end after you have a panic attack and go off in public over something stupid like this. then dealing with your rear end again when you reescalate on the ward. im sorry your your soylent chugging sad brain self doesn't have enough insight to know how self-destructive your behavior is.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

people who work IT are totally the kind of people that sit at the food window at mcdonalds and slowly check each and every item on their 30 dollar order for one

intensely anxious people who have control issues? who'd have figured.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

5-HT posted:

i work in psych, so i get to deal with your rear end after you have a panic attack and go off in public over something stupid like this. then dealing with your rear end again when you reescalate on the ward. im sorry your your soylent chugging sad brain self doesn't have enough insight to know how self-destructive your behavior is.

ROFL! nice "Projection" you little human being. it's that what the queers in your field say? I'm going to "reescalate" my powerful foot (from deadlfting) right up your pansy rear end.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Smythe posted:

ROFL! nice "Projection" you little human being. it's that what the queers in your field say? I'm going to "reescalate" my powerful foot (from deadlfting) right up your pansy rear end.

haha owned

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smythe posted:

I could change your password at any time, bro.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

i lift too, so do the other bros I work with, hth. we'll see how you like it after you get a nice dart of 5mg haldol and 2mg ativan in your rear end while you're being held down by me and another bro. then hauling your rear end into the restraint room to be strapped and watched until the meds kick in.

and while you're strapped down, you'll have to start thinking of all the dumb poo poo you had to do to even be in this situation. think before you act, insight into your own thought process and the why of everything you do is all you need. otherwise you'll remain a psychotic mess that will land you back here. worse yet, the doctors may recommend a guardianship for your now incompetent rear end. enjoy having some state appointed social worker having direct control of all your finances and affairs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah, we're gonna reset your default printer... and set it back...and a test page...

You're good to go sir.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What tha? A folder lockout at 3AM?!

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

5-HT posted:

i lift too, so do the other bros I work with, hth. we'll see how you like it after you get a nice dart of 5mg haldol and 2mg ativan in your rear end while you're being held down by me and another bro. then hauling your rear end into the restraint room to be strapped and watched until the meds kick in.

and while you're strapped down, you'll have to start thinking of all the dumb poo poo you had to do to even be in this situation. think before you act, insight into your own thought process and the why of everything you do is all you need. otherwise you'll remain a psychotic mess that will land you back here. worse yet, the doctors may recommend a guardianship for your now incompetent rear end. enjoy having some state appointed social worker having direct control of all your finances and affairs.

Are you writing this one-handed?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Came here thinking this was the internet technology thread, what a let down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
lol if you have any income at all just lol