Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I too enjoy losing TK, 'Torbot' is my BGA name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I was doing ok last night until space invader started unleashing explosives on innocent forest creatures

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I like the forest creatures. They have weird formations, but are great at messing up your opponent by moving poo poo around or outright changing the colour of the opposing pieces.

Now, if I could learn how to use the barbarians properly and not give my opponent a huge piece deficit so he can flare me every turn... :suicide:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

This is how our game went pretty much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwxLolRCkI

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Aston posted:

This is how our game went pretty much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwxLolRCkI

:allears:

I did manage to have probably my single most effective TK turn ever which involved Bomb right in the middle of a common formation, and then Fire Elemental centred a couple of squares away. I think the final count was something like 6 common/4 heroic.

It was good.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
:siren: Ticket to Ride Championship sign-ups are now open! :siren:

It's primarily aimed at those who play it on PC/Steam, but it can also be played cross-platform on iDevices, for those who are interested.
(Also, my apologies if ad posts - even if they're for relevant tournaments - aren't exactly appreciated in here!)

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

thespaceinvader posted:

:allears:

I did manage to have probably my single most effective TK turn ever which involved Bomb right in the middle of a common formation, and then Fire Elemental centred a couple of squares away. I think the final count was something like 6 common/4 heroic.

It was good.

Peak T-K for me was bombing my own dudes so I could Flare a free action and enough placements for an immediate Time Mage. It looked like a Village chain.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Can you use OCTGN in offline mode? My connection is prone to short disconnects.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've been playing turn based sessions of a few games to keep my sanity at work (a coworker and I play Hive a whole bunch).
Feel free to add me on BGA and trounce me at Tash-Kalar (or other games, I'm not good fussy) since I've not played but would like to.
Name on there is TDFitz.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

Can you use OCTGN in offline mode? My connection is prone to short disconnects.

I think so? Try going to the Play tab without actually signing it. You may also be able to create a game and start by yourself, though that might require you to stay connected to OCTGN's servers. From some searching, it looks like they removed a dedicated offline mode. Depending on what game you want to play, you might be able to find a module in another program. I know there's a LOTR LCG plugin for LackeyCCG, at least.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I think so? Try going to the Play tab without actually signing it. You may also be able to create a game and start by yourself, though that might require you to stay connected to OCTGN's servers. From some searching, it looks like they removed a dedicated offline mode. Depending on what game you want to play, you might be able to find a module in another program. I know there's a LOTR LCG plugin for LackeyCCG, at least.

Yeah I figured out you can play without signing in. I'm probably gonna stick to OCTGN cause I've got a friend that uses it tho

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I think its time I jump head first into caylus any one available to beat me in my first game?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Rumda posted:

I think its time I jump head first into caylus any one available to beat me in my first game?

If I read this a half hour earlier, I would, but I gotta be someplace in an hour. How long will you be around? Do you already know the rules?

I'm probably a terrible First Caylus Experience anyway.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I'll be around for a few hours i'm GMT so not too many. Ive listened to a rules explanation and have scrolled through the rules a few times

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I would like to lose to some goons at snellman.

I use the same handle there. Anyone up for a practice game or two of TM?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Sure I'm always up for a big of tm

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

So, two things. First, Suburbia app:: has anyone managed to do Boston on hard in the SP mode? It seems almost impossible - I think I know the trick (stick a Condominium in the middle of 6 blue hexes, and at least two fast food restaurants) but it seems to take a crazy amount of luck to win the campaign mode in general, but it's worst for Boston, because it requires low cash, which means you can't use spare cash to make up points defecit. Hella difficult.

Also, Dominion Online continues to suck balls, and DXV is having some hilarious meltdowns on the Dominion Strategy forums about it :allears:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

thespaceinvader posted:

So, two things. First, Suburbia app:: has anyone managed to do Boston on hard in the SP mode? It seems almost impossible - I think I know the trick (stick a Condominium in the middle of 6 blue hexes, and at least two fast food restaurants) but it seems to take a crazy amount of luck to win the campaign mode in general, but it's worst for Boston, because it requires low cash, which means you can't use spare cash to make up points defecit. Hella difficult.

Also, Dominion Online continues to suck balls, and DXV is having some hilarious meltdowns on the Dominion Strategy forums about it :allears:

Nope, that's literally the only place I still have to beat on hard. No fuckin idea. Someday I'll beat it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Twilight struggle is currently in beta for PC. Soon, my brethren, soon...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Lord Frisk posted:

Twilight struggle is currently in beta for PC. Soon, my brethren, soon...

Who else is getting a beta key

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fellis posted:

Who else is getting selling a beta key

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

are you looking to buy or is there actually a secondary market for that poo poo? jeez

i'm not selling though, i can finally wreck my father in a decent boardgame without having to fly across the country to do so

or suffer vassal

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
I'm looking for two more Indonesia players over on SlothNinja.com (game id 6406527434883072) if anyone's interested. Password is 'goons'.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Any news about bringing the new TTA to boardgamearena? I began playing just as the new version was published.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Fat Samurai posted:

Any news about bringing the new TTA to boardgamearena? I began playing just as the new version was published.
Boardgaming online has nTTA afaik

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, thanks. Does it work on a phone?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I haven't tested it out on a phone, so I'm not really sure.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Oh, thanks. Does it work on a phone?

My friend used to play on his phone all the time, so I assume the new version would still work. On that note, anyone want to set up a game?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Taran_Wanderer posted:

My friend used to play on his phone all the time, so I assume the new version would still work. On that note, anyone want to set up a game?
Sure thing!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Sure thing!

I made a private 4p game under "Taran Wanderer." Password is "honeymuffin." Anyone that's interested can go ahead and join.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Don't tend to play 4P, but since it's online it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

How different is new TTA? I might get in but I've only played the old version before.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Aston posted:

How different is new TTA? I might get in but I've only played the old version before.
Not very. There's no saccing in wars anymore. You can discard military cards up to your military action limit for +1 military each. You deal with corruption before you gain resources. You can replace one leader for another for no action cost. Most of the cards have been rebalanced (esp Napoleon).

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Don't tend to play 4P, but since it's online it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I guess you usually play 2P to avoid downtime?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

IRL I play 3P cause I feel it is the best balanced/takes an okay amount of time to play.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Tekopo posted:

IRL I play 3P cause I feel it is the best balanced/takes an okay amount of time to play.

Ah, nice. We usually end up doing 4P, but I'll have to give 3P a shot next time there's only three of us.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Cool, thanks.

I''ve played all of 2 Simple games, so unless you're missing one I'm going to skip it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Hey my thread came back. I would be up for a game of nTtA. Same username.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

We have one space, join up on boardgaming-online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I joined the TTA game. I'm guessing this is going to be PBP style rather than trying to get through the whole game tonight?

• Locked thread