Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit this loving VA.

At least put the loving news on tv. not a loving soul in this waiting room gives a poo poo about some spear-chucker baby dna court poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Goddamnit this loving VA.

At least put the loving news on tv. not a loving soul in this waiting room gives a poo poo about some spear-chucker baby dna court poo poo.

hey maury is good comedy tv.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8-6eAYHOBE

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

jesus gently caress did you have to get a weight waiver? thats some concentration camp victim poo poo

Nah, I was kinda close to the lower end but well within normal ranges for enlistment. I think the lowest acceptable was like uh, 100 pounds or something? When I was 174 I had like no neck thanks to wearing a fully loaded vest + assault pack all day in the desert for like 15 months.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Will the military comes down on you for being underweight outside of a training environment?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Casimir Radon posted:

Will the military comes down on you for being underweight outside of a training environment?

sometimes

if you look like a loving holocaust victim your command might be concerned. otherwise no.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
in basic training they give you twice the amount of food as everyone else if you are underweight.

loving hated those skinny fucks for that.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

jesus gently caress did you have to get a weight waiver? thats some concentration camp victim poo poo

Does a weight waiver even apply to being underweight? My recruiter said I had to gain 15 lbs before Basic, there was never any mention of a waiver.

Cole posted:

in basic training they give you twice the amount of food as everyone else if you are underweight.

The catch is that you get the exact same 4-6 minutes to eat it as everybody else. Source: :wave:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cole posted:

I've seen that. I've just never seen anyone get that kind of treatment out of that environment, never too skinny, always fatties.

I myself was deep in denial about having acid reflux so shoveling a bunch of food down my throat really fast didn't work. I also didn't go get an eating waiver and was hungry all the time. When they weighed me at the end of basic training I was 5'10 135lbs, I'd lost something like 25lbs in 7 weeks. Oops. The funny thing is they never said anything about it.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 3, 2015

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

at the date posted:

The catch is that you get the exact same 4-6 minutes to eat it as everybody else. Source: :wave:

well if you can't eat it all then break bread fool

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

at the date posted:

Does a weight waiver even apply to being underweight? My recruiter said I had to gain 15 lbs before Basic, there was never any mention of a waiver.

im so sorry that you only get 5 minutes to eat 2x as many sausage patties and biscuits and gravy as everyone else :smugjones:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

Hell yes. This was me. I put peanut butter on loving everything... and it worked! :getin:

I have really high metabolism, though, so it's tough for me to keep both fat and muscle. :(

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

this wasn't maury.

Seems like every time I go to the VA they have man-bashing cuntflaps running their goddamn mouths on tv about how bad "they man is" and whatnot.

I would honestly prefer Fox News lying to me for the few hours I have to spend in that shithole once in a while.

motherfucking Paternity Court, that's what that lovely show was.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamn. I've been really, really, really loving angry lately.

even the cats are leaving me alone, and they usually spend half the day tailing me.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LeoMarr posted:

im so sorry that you only get 5 minutes to eat 2x as many sausage patties and biscuits and gravy as everyone else :smugjones:

When you can't finish even the first portion of food in the allotted time (which was 4 minutes until week 7), the extra is worthless. PLUS everybody else in your platoon is thinking "Why do YOU get special treatment, shitbag?" Any amount of dirty looks and a few mysteriously rearranged fire watches would be a small price to pay for extra bacon in the morning, but you never get a bite of it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Goddamn. I've been really, really, really loving angry lately.

even the cats are leaving me alone, and they usually spend half the day tailing me.

it's a metaphor. being angry drives the pussy away.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

at the date posted:

When you can't finish even the first portion of food in the allotted time (which was 4 minutes until week 7), the extra is worthless. PLUS everybody else in your platoon is thinking "Why do YOU get special treatment, shitbag?" Any amount of dirty looks and a few mysteriously rearranged fire watches would be a small price to pay for extra bacon in the morning, but you never get a bite of it.

Idk, I had no problem hammering out my entire portion in the allotted 5 minutes I was given, then again I also didn't stack my plates to the brim with loving bagels and peanut butter, I just ate what was given to me by the nice black lady who would say "Whatcha havin' baby?" until like week 4 when my about-to-be off the trail DSs let us have 10 minutes to eat. then it was bagels and raisin bran on the daily

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

this wasn't maury.

Seems like every time I go to the VA they have man-bashing cuntflaps running their goddamn mouths on tv about how bad "they man is" and whatnot.

I would honestly prefer Fox News lying to me for the few hours I have to spend in that shithole once in a while.

motherfucking Paternity Court, that's what that lovely show was.

that sounds horrible man.
Also, join the hangout chat that we got running.
Shim can vouch for it being a safe place to vent without getting gangpiled by douchebags.
Worse case, if some dudes start loving with you in the hangout chat, we make a new hangout chat & exclude those fucks from it.

if you do decide to join, use a burner email account. 80% of the people who joined the hangout failed that basic intelligence test.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
it's me. i failed the intelligence test.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I only just got around to getting hangouts on my phone the other day. Turns out one of the folks from my old unit is making it reallllllly difficult to find her. Only reason I got curious was she had some family pop up in the obits up north (we're both from roughly the same shithole area of Illinois). No facebook or any other easy-ish way to track her down, but some lovely google-fu and I found her only social media-ish account on google, downloaded hangouts and sent her a message.

She just up and disappeared for a long time, bunch of the guys were getting worried, y'all know how it is. Turns out she's fine, married, and living not far from where I'd last known. Just glad she hadn't lost her poo poo and ate a bullet.

My anger today was primarily driven by the VA. After my last post at the hospital, my appointment was bumped up an hour and change and I managed to get a chance to redirect some anger at comcast for billing me for an HD box I didn't have, and providing less than acceptable speeds considering I'm paying for 50mb.

Oh, and I dropped off my revolver at the gunsmith. loving rear sight with it's busted-rear end screw. That's another $30-50 I shouldn't have to spend, especially since the loving thing was bought new.

And girlfriend's out of town. No regular pussy make me crazy rear end in a top hat.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mike-o posted:

it's me. i failed the intelligence test.

We all did.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Beardchat: spent Sunday and most of Monday showing an old AF bud + his roommate around Chicago; they'd grabbed a hostel in Wicker Park.

My buddy kept giving me weird looks because fuckin' of course all the bars in Wicker Park are filled with beards, flannel/denim shirts, and pub caps, which is all I fuckin' packed also.

It was like i had inadvertently dressed up for a "poo poo hipster" theme party all night. Still got laid though.

welp that's my story

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Oh, and I dropped off my revolver at the gunsmith. loving rear sight with it's busted-rear end screw. That's another $30-50 I shouldn't have to spend, especially since the loving thing was bought new.

Shouldn't that be under warranty?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Professor Bling posted:

Beardchat: spent Sunday and most of Monday showing an old AF bud + his roommate around Chicago; they'd grabbed a hostel in Wicker Park.

My buddy kept giving me weird looks because fuckin' of course all the bars in Wicker Park are filled with beards, flannel/denim shirts, and pub caps, which is all I fuckin' packed also.

It was like i had inadvertently dressed up for a "poo poo hipster" theme party all night. Still got laid though.

welp that's my story

I've been wearing flannel shirts since I was a baby because that's what my dad wore when he climbed radio towers to replace antennas and poo poo. He said the pattern kept wasps away. I wanted to be cool like my dad and so I've worn flannel/plaid patterns/denim poo poo my whole life because I'm kind of a reject idiot. I've been able to grow a beard since 6th grade so flannel and beard are what I roll with. loving hipsters appropriated my culture.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I've been wearing flannel shirts since I was a baby because that's what my dad wore when he climbed radio towers to replace antennas and poo poo. He said the pattern kept wasps away. I wanted to be cool like my dad and so I've worn flannel/plaid patterns/denim poo poo my whole life because I'm kind of a reject idiot. I've been able to grow a beard since 6th grade so flannel and beard are what I roll with. loving hipsters appropriated my culture.

I used to enjoy pabst blue ribbon

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LeoMarr posted:

I used to enjoy pabst blue ribbon

PBR is a dollar a can in my town's only dive bar.

I drink it because one plasma donation gets me 20 fuckin' beers, just like I drink Jeppson's Malort because bartenders give me shots for free when I don't make a face afterwards. Goddamned hipsters ruining my blackouts.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Kill all hipsters.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the mixed ~seasonal~ case of sam adams i got is pretty ok for fake microbrew

costco owns for good cheap beers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

McNally posted:

Shouldn't that be under warranty?

Yep.

However, it's a Rossi. Made by Taurus. I would rather pay a gunsmith up front than deal with their track record for warranty work timelines. 3-6 months is apparently "optimistic" at best.

the guy that checked it in at the shop laughed at the electrical tape that's been holding the rear sight on for the past month and two range trips. then said he'd have used duct tape. this is the pistol I shot for my carry permit, with ten rounds at 7 yards (farthest they care to test you here) left to shoot after the rear sight flew back and slapped across my face like the tiniest black metal brazilian made cock. still shot a 92.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 4, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

has been my newest beer choice, pretty stout, pretty good.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

PBR is $3 in the bar I go to. Which is pretty drat good for Waikiki.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Also pbr comes in tall boys so for a cheaper price you get an extra 4 ounces of beer. Alcoholism turns us all into hipsters.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
The breweries in Charlotte sell good beer on tap for $3 I am going to loving miss this place

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Master Bateman posted:

PBR is $3 in the bar I go to. Which is pretty drat good for Waikiki.

If you want cheap drinks in Waikiki you need to hit up the hideaway during happy hour. $1 bottles. It's down the alley between the 7-11 on Ena Rd and Kalakaua and the Irish rose. I drank cheap at Arnold's and kings pub too, but that was partially because I was friends with the bartender.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Professor Bling posted:

welp that's my story

:chloe:
I stick to a bar on Irving and Ashland. A distinct lack of hipsters. I'm moving out of Wrigleyville here in May. Wicker Park is not on the approved area list.

bloops fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 4, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Burn the hipsters for fuel

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Casimir Radon posted:

You've already been in the military, you can't just pray the gay away by getting out :colbert:

It was more like picking up a hooker in south east Asia. Though it was a sweet deal on the cheap. Next thing you know she is swinging 8 inches and your rear end is bleeding.

Not gay just a bad decision when you should have known better.

If you go back for seconds... Well...

As for weight chat, went from 120ish enlisting to 150 when I was med boarded. Gave up on life, dropped to 106, and was told to either change or die in the next year or two. Now back to 150. Not near as in shape as I was in but I'll eventually :effort: back into shape. Probably when the Starbucks clerks start thinking I'm old

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Twiin posted:

I realize this may be a bit too next-level given the responses here so far; she doesn't need to have a vagina, but she does need to be a woman.

The goon tattoo thread is hilarious right now. This post ties into Genocide Tendency's post above.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

You get drug tested a lot, supposedly. One of my roommates during my brief stay in Yuma kept getting orders to go piss in a cup because he was 5'11" 125lbs. Dude was just a super competitive runner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PBR is for hipster faggots

*sips on coors light and natty ice*

• Locked thread