Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Thanks to meds I'm not whacko, but man, this flattened emotional thing kinda sucks. Don't feel mad, or sad, or anything at all. Like I'm just lying here wasting the day away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

what do they have you on? I was more or less like that when I was only on zoloft years back. with wellbutrin and zoloft, I was a lot better.

buspar did gently caress all but make me really queasy regardless of my stomach contents, finally off it as of yesterday according to the doc, but I haven't taken it in a while anyhow.

Citalopram.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Thank you wife, for managing to put windshield wiper fluid in the radiator and then destroy the clutch of the car we were about to sell. All in one day.

Anyone want to help me replace a Volkswagen clutch? I just need someone to support with additional poo poo talking, I don't think I've got enough profanity to cover it all by myself :suicide:

I've lived through some terrible poo poo, but this car is what's making me consider suck starting my sidearm (not really)

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

Measure once cut twice, and 2 fast 2 furious. All I know is I gave a shop $120 just to flush the coolant because I didn't want to deal with it, then three hours later it was back at the same shop with an exploded clutch. They wanted $1200, haha, no.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I researched a bunch, seems that ripping the clutch out is actually pretty straightforward, I don't have to pull the engine. Looking at the steps involved though, I don't blame the shop for trying to charge a $1200 go the gently caress away tax.

I got to order some new tools though!

Wife unfortunately loves the poo poo out of volkswagens.

I'm just gonna sit in the corner here with my 1977 international that only requires harsh language and a firm pimp hand to keep on the road.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Uncle had an early 90s jeep cherokee with the straight six, that thing would never die. His wife once exploded a radiator hose and drove it until it seized. Some more water, a spritz of antifreeze, good for another billion miles.

I'm starting to notice a trend with gender and vehicle problems.

:350:

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Her control arms are faaaaaabulous

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Best thing about being out for a year: when I fart, I get a pleasant rumble instead of a sad sigh of wind. That green weenie takes a while to work out.

Got the Jetta apart, wasn't too difficult unbolting poo poo. Now I just gotta wait until tomorrow for my parts to arrive. Amazon prime, I love you.

Feels good to accomplish something with my hands aside from invading the middle east.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I made the great big mistake of letting my wife sell the Jetta to a family friend. I think she just talked her out of it, and is gonna give her money back.

Women! "It might break again!" I JUST FIXED IT

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Don't bring logic into this, fucker

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Spent yesterday volunteering my time at an autocross for a fundraiser.

Surprisingly large amount of hot chicks like to race.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Been growing my hair out since I retired a little over a year ago. Rocking the braided mohawk.

Edit: apparently I can't figure out how to post pics because I'm retarded

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

Painsaw posted:

Been growing my hair out since I retired a little over a year ago. Rocking the braided mohawk.

Edit: apparently I can't figure out how to post pics because I'm retarded

gently caress it, have a link.

http://imgur.com/decPnb2

Painsaw fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 14, 2015

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

are you still wearing dogtags :wth:

Whoops, accidentally deleted my excuse when loving around with that post.

Yep, I still wear my lucky dogtags. I haven't died yet while wearing them. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :smugbert:

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Yep, sounds like sciatica I'm sorry to say. Good portion of the management for it is just being really careful what you do with that leg :( been dealing with that for years.

Yoga actually really helped.

Also you should grow a mohawk.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Did some further research on citalopram. If any of yall have been taking it for a while, watch out for negative side effects. Large amount of my issues match up with listed long term detriments.

Eventually it can make you suicidal. Straight up says 'suicide attempt'. I'm not suicidal, but I've noticed some really dark poo poo creeping into my nightmares. Gonna quit taking it and see if symptoms improve.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Trip report, day one of quitting citalopram cold turkey.

Nightmares are beyond loving insane. I don't want to sleep anymore.

Already feeling less retarded though, except I still have this haircut.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I fear the brain damage may be permanent, because this braided mohawk thing is something I like. It's less braided mohawk, more I enjoy the history channel show Vikings too much.

I'm jumping on the grenade here, you should all learn from my mistakes and misdeeds!

Realtalk, I spent all those years bitching about having to spend time every morning shaving, and replaced it with having to do my hair. And paint my toenails. And shoving dragon dicks in my pooper.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Why am I not surprised they made a joystick.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
gently caress that, imagine what he's gotta do for a barrel roll.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Day two of being off my meds. I'm so loving angry for absolutely no reason. I feel an unquenchable desire to crush someone's dreams and jerk off with their tears.

So this is what being a sergeant major is like.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I've got a long beard and wear flannel. They're not skinny jeans I'm just fat okay

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQb8vb4blA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

Dead Reckoning posted:

M-Tron was the best. :colbert:

Hey, I used to have a lot of those!

I made the mistake of googling that set number. Rare? Vintage? 215 bucks!? Jesus gently caress I probably let a couple thousand bucks of nerd nostalgia go when I got rid of my giant box of legos over a decade ago. I've regretted that decision ever since.

• Locked thread