Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Zeris posted:

I'm making GBS threads as I write this

reported for shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You can have a beard or obesity not both :kiddo:

welcome to somethingawful, let me point you towards GBS so you can see how wrong you are

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Smart wool socks are worth the price

gently caress yes they are. Warm, comfy, or a combo of the two...they've got it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Drove my jeep to and from AK, from NC. It's still going strong 5 years later, so I think I made a good choice back then

The only good choice I made in the military, other than bailing the gently caress out

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bolow posted:

I write erotic fan fiction about loving my roommate

dusted

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

n4i probate blue squares tia

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My back is trashed from years of rucking. Someone thought running 5 miles with 60 pounds of kit on was a good idea one day, and another day in AK somebody else thought carrying around ~140 lbs of gear around a mountain with no train-up was a good idea...or rucking up and down a literal ski slope was a good idea. I'm missing most of 2 discs in my back and lost somewhere around an inch in height due to all the dumb heavy poo poo I had to carry at one point or another. It doesn't bother me often, but on the days it does I'm completely floored. Sleeping in a hammock (like last week, camping out while on a scuba trip) seemed to keep it from being so bad, otherwise piles of motrin keep me moving.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You'll get back pay dated to the day after you separated, provided you started your disability claim within 1 year of getting out. I ended up getting like 13 months of backpay, and it was loving glorious :stare: :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

at the date posted:

I've got the best of both worlds, a "blended" Statics class, ostensibly "50% traditional, 50% online," that only meets once per week for a lecture and assigns optional homework. If you turn in the homework, you get up to 5 extra points on each exam. Thanks to that, my average after midterms is over 100. It's crazy how much easier engineering classes got after slamming my head against Calc 3 and the introductory science courses.

I feel like a lot of classes are easier after you take any flavor of physics or chemistry. Biology doesn't start getting stupid until sophomore level or so (I'm thinking anatomy courses), but chem and physics are mind-numbing right off the bat.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

all apologies posted:

so does that mean ill have to out of pocket pay my class registration fees? I can make it work until the housing allowance hits..just more worried about where ill poo poo out money to cover school if its late

I end up getting a payment hold every year around payment time that says "WAITING FOR GI BILL", but I've never been bothered about it. I've never had to pay for anything related to tuition and fees. Hell the GI bill even covers your student health insurance, may as well jump on that on top of anything else you've got.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Just a heads up, starting tomorrow the civ/vet thread will be merging with the drunk thread to become the GiP chat thread that will be rebooted monthly.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

• Locked thread