Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Doesn't Australia and the UK have more fats per capita or are we just all tied for 1st place

Mexico is the leader right now believe it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

Will the military comes down on you for being underweight outside of a training environment?

You get drug tested a lot, supposedly. One of my roommates during my brief stay in Yuma kept getting orders to go piss in a cup because he was 5'11" 125lbs. Dude was just a super competitive runner

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My favorite bar here has Newcastle priced only $0.50 more than MGD, so its become my go-to

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Yeah I started training for this with an ALICE pack.

Got 3 good water treatment systems. 1 mechanical, 2 chemical. Plenty of fire starting methods as well. Need to get a first aid kit and DEET and poo poo and food. I went with Platypus instead of camelbak for my water reservoir. I'm hoping 2L in that + the 32 oz Gatorade bottle I'll always be carrying is sufficient water storage since I can treat my own water and sources are plentiful it seems.

We'll see I guess. Thinking of ordering an extra platy bottle Just In Case since they're so dumb light anyway. Same logic on Sawyer dirty water squeeze bags.

Woot almost always seems to have really good hiking poo poo on the cheap lately. I got one of those survival straw water filters for like $40 and a really good 5L (I think) hydration bladder with a 10L bag for like $19

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I have an Infiniti. Ask me about owning a fast, extremely comfortable, RWD Nissan

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Altimas and Maximas are pretty lovely. Titans/Armadas aren't a real prize either. Everything else is cool

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Master Bateman posted:

My 98 altima took SO long to die.

Yeah, but their transmissions were/are set up so loving poorly. They are the living embodiment of torque steer. Not to mention a 98 anything (that wasn;t made in a former Soviet Republic) shouldn't already be dead in 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Master Bateman posted:

That thing had to have close to 300k miles.

Fair enough, then.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

My Sentra was running fine two years ago when I sold it to a college kid, and it was a '97. Then again it only had 75,000 miles on it.

Sentras and Stanzas are seriously unkillable by normal wear and tear. They're the Toyota Hilux of the cars

The reason i got my Infiniti is because one of my brother's close friends is a repair center manager for Nissan and told me that he never sees the RWD G or M 37s come in for anything more serious than the electric motors on the windows getting really slow. But the AWD ones can have issues with the front passenger side trans-axle breaking on potholes and the motor mounts going to poo poo really fast.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new lincoln continental

suicide doors and everything

woof

Honest to God love that design choice so long as it isn't FWD.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Good

TYRANNOSAURUS DICK

Gooder

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you were old enough to remember when Beavis and Butthead was edgy and Wayne's World was in theaters, you're Gen-X

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I was born during the Reagan years and I'm not 30 yet, how does that make me old?

GiP years are like dog years

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

the dead man profile and the navy performance evaluation were the best

I still love Navy Lt. Ghetto McBooty's power point resume

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

50 degree weather has brought a hella strong butt game to campus this week.

Mods please rename me to "Hella Strong Butt Game"

e: seriously, I don't loving care

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Our CO was in the range of 6'5. Big mother fucker. Xo was like 5 feet even. Little bastard.

I like to imagine that as being some kind of reverse Master Blaster arrangement

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

"You may use one index card for notes on the test"

Do you suppose there's a market for novelty, giant, poster-sized, index cards?

I did it once by printing out all the formulas in a size 2 font, gluing them on to the card and coming in with a pair of magnifying bifocals. Professor gave me extra credit for min/maxing effort/results.

Engineering professors appreciate lazyness

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fister Roboto posted:

Have you read "Guts" by Chuck Palahniuk?

"Never could trust that fuckin' dog"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

gently caress my life, I think all that dumb infantry poo poo has finally come back to haunt me. Lower back started hurting about a week ago and now I can barely stand. Pain in my lower back and the back of my left leg. One second Google search says sciatica. Awesome! Now to call the VA since it's finally Monday and see if they tell me to wait 4 months for an appointment so I can finally just use that loving card they sent to see a real god drat doctor.

Could be a Kidney stone, too. They have the weirdest ways of starting to hurt

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Michigan's okay. I've lived worse places.

Michigan is fine if you're in towns above 15K people and below 200K. Really same can be said for Arizona, Colorado, Tennessee and most of New England

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Painsaw posted:

gently caress that, imagine what he's gotta do for a barrel roll.

lean left and back a little while applying rudder?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

This is why I don't play flight sims with other people.

My brother is a massive sim sperg and a former pilot. Dude buys every HOTAS system as it releases just to try out, and even he says he cant stand doing any flight sims online due to the massive population of autistic mil/airliner-sim spergs and 25 year old Air Force maintainers who think they're Chuck Yeager. Guess he can add furries (are dragon fuckers furries?) to the list

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

That seems to be the trend where guys who've done it in real life treat sims as fun distractions while others go full sperg.I'll never understand replicating the worst parts of flying (cruise, not blowing poo poo up, planning routes).

That's p. much how he puts it too. He dislikes the DCS games because "Who the gently caress wants to do checklists for APU failures?" but loves the Strike Fighters series because it starts out on the runway and has a button press for skipping cruise until something to kill is near-by or you need to land.

I like getting tipsy and playing ARMA on mil sim servers and smashing my helicopter in to other players while screaming "ALLAH-ALLAH-OXENFREE" at people who demand a proper salute and greeting of the day

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Please tell me you're kidding, or that you TK people who do this.

It's real, and you better believe I go all Nadal Sassoon or whatever on them. Thus the Allah Allah Oxenfree and smashing choppers in to their MRAPs

There's a lot of ARMA servers I'm straight up IP banned on

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ffs just enlist assholes

They're all 17 year olds talking about joining the Marines when they finally graduate from school but its taking long because that BITCH! Ms. Spencer wont give them a C in Art but is totally the best marcher in ROTC or some 48 year old fat guy who can't handle the physical rigors of Airsoft much less pass a PFT

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Another of your shop's E-2s was caught drunk off base after getting in to an accident driving his stripper girlfriend's uninsured Toyota Celica, please use ventrillo to attend Mast

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Please type the 4th General Order in to the chat bar. Pasting has been disabled. 'rah?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you live somewhere with indoor plumbing and your beard is longer than 3 inches, you're probably the absolute worst kind of person.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I keep mine between 5/8 and 3/4 inch. And neck hair is NOT okay. Growing a real beard doesn't mean you can have a neck beard. Shave that poo poo right below your jaw line.

Proper

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Straight up Jewish and Prairie friend of the family.

We've covered this: God never meant for these genes to combine, and no good ever comes from interbreeding.

Lot of smart people said that, too.

Counterpoint: Hispanic chicks

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
F1 has some insane engineering and honest to God amazing poo poo, but at this point they're really just good at forcing massive amounts of power and fuel efficency through very tiny motors. NASCAR probably has the most consistent drivers imaginable, because their laptimes are often within milliseconds of one another where even a slight involuntary tensing of the shoulders can cost a race. No real innovation because of how insane the rule book has become, they really need to go back to the old Smokey Yunick days where it's not cheating if the inspector doesn't catch it before the race, because that was amazing poo poo.

LeMans is more elitist than F1 without any of the engineering prowess all while they're pretty much just at the mercy of VW and it's subsidiaries for funding, ever since they forced Mazda out for using rotary engines that did much better in 24hr races they've pretty much just been the realm of petty slapfights between Audi and Mercedes

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

This one used to be in the Army as a doc (real one)

If you've ever had to serve with devout Mormons you'll know why it's just...weird.

One of my coworkers is pretty devout. Super nice, really polite and the most professional guy. Has a wife about 4 times out of his league and his kids are incredibly well behaved. Pretty much Ned Flanders IRL. He keeps root beer in our beer fridge, but he will sometimes have a cigar with us when we do after-hours bitch sessions

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh no he'll never go to heaven Kolob now :ohdear:

His reason is "It gives me something easy to atone for later"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SumYungGui posted:

It's the magic underpants, glasses and "hey guys we totes found this new book that was left out of the original one, it's on these golden tablets- no you can't see them they were taken to heaven trust me." Parts that weird me out. I had a time after high school where I gave a wide variety of religions a month or so of attendance to see what they felt like and everything I got from Mormonism was a constant snake oil salesman vibe. People were nice, organization felt creepy.

When Manti Teo got caught up with the whole fake dead girlfriend thing, I gave him the benefit of the doubt because if there's anything history teaches us, it's that Mormon's have a hard time figuring out even the most obvious scams

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

shyduck posted:

I've been officially diagnosed with adult ADD :toot:

Read it in Lionel Hutz's voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
.22 Mag is a serious pain to get around here, but .22LR and 5.56 are plentiful and inexpensive

• Locked thread