Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I have a research paper due tomorrow.

This isn't what I signed up for.

There's a distinct lack of quotation marks around the words "research" and "paper" in the above quoted post.. Lol it's called using your GI bill to have "online tutors" "revise" your schoolwork prior to your submission. It worked great for Rrail.

You signed up to waste tax payer money and chase a personal dream and not write research papers tho dude? Unless you went to something retarded like film school that's gonna be hard. But then again that'd be the standard to set in wasted tax dollars and dream chasing.

So maybe if this college stuff doesn't pan out you can snobbishly suck Woody Allen's dick like you were his adopted oriental kid for 3 to 5 years in film school and then do a semester working the Kraft Services table at QVC and avoid this research thing all together.

Otherwise college is gonna have research papers no matter what.

Good luck, kid.

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

HI HAVE WE MET

Oh wait yeah you ARE MY old e-buddy Vic Vermis. It's hard to tell what with how huge of a count cuntula you've become of late for no discernible reason. This research paper got your ovaries throbbing with cystic pain that bad brother? Need a cranberry juice? Extra Midol maybe? Or just a mid summers eve to get all the sand out of the crevices?

:colbert:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I hate winter and I'm too cheap/lazy to drink.

So here I am. Grumpy and sober.

:glomp:

Glad your sober.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
On antipsychotics I got close to 300 pounds a year and a half ago.

I Was 178 this morning and peeping my stomach muscles in the mirror and my balls without a mirror unlike a year and a half ago.

Yay for medical marihuana.

Being fat suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I'm putting a bullet in my head if I ever get morbidly obese again. :toxx: If I'm too lazy to do it, would one of you American Patriots be my angel and not let me go out like Hags and instead give me a high speed hollow point lead diet in the dome when I'm sleep apneaing one night? Then just burn my house down with me in it, the crane would just add to the embarrassment.

P.S. We need Cole to find my body and try to wake me up to really make this off meds mess of a sidebar into a true Gilbert Grape joke.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Master Bateman posted:

If you turn in to a disgusting fatboddy I will evacuate your brain matter for you bro.

Thanks broheim.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Yeah I started training for this with an ALICE pack.

Very happy I got this Osprey Volt instead. It's certainly not ultralight but it's got everything I need.

I wound up getting the Eureka! Spitfire solo tent, and for sleep I have a big Agnes insulated qcore SL sleeping pad, an ultralight 30 degree bag I've stuffed inside a heat reflective breathable SOL escape Bivvy, and I lined the bag with an extra thick polyester bag liner that claims +10 degree warmth or w/e. Once it's hot enough I can send the sleeping bag home. Until then the combo of thermals+liner+bag+bivvy+insulated inflatable sleeping pad should be plenty for the coldest temps we see on the trail, and then some.

Got a sweet titanium stove / cookware setup- and also packing a few batterypacks now that I think of it. One in my headlamp that's USB rechargeable and fits where the triple AAA's can also go, I Added a 4000MaH battery case to my iPhone 5 that can buddy charge AND thru charge for my iPhone, then I got two Anker battery packs, 20586MaH 4 ports and a 10586MaH with 2 ports. Our camp shower has a built in USB rechargeable 1200MaH battery, but can't buddy charge. My phone, kindle, headlamp, shower, and lantern are all USB re-chargeable, and if my math is right a full charge on all devices and packs while conserving usage should last the 100 mile wilderness with juice to spare in reserve in case of emergency. Headlamp has backup AAA batteries as does camp lantern.

Got 3 good water treatment systems. 1 mechanical, 2 chemical. Plenty of fire starting methods as well. Need to get a first aid kit and DEET and poo poo and food. I went with Platypus instead of camelbak for my water reservoir. I'm hoping 2L in that + the 32 oz Gatorade bottle I'll always be carrying is sufficient water storage since I can treat my own water and sources are plentiful it seems.

We'll see I guess. Thinking of ordering an extra platy bottle Just In Case since they're so dumb light anyway. Same logic on Sawyer dirty water squeeze bags.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 5, 2015

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

if you want a stamp that says

Shim has a big dick

roll your dick in ink. prove it.

It won't be a 3x3 stamp if it was my dick. I'm not sure of the exact size but "Scares white girls" is a good start, and in case you didn't notice there's a war on and we might have ink rationing again because of tensions on the Arabian peninsula so I think it's best to not literally dip my well cut schvantz in the company ink just for jokes when lives are on the line, Vic.

I'm just gonna see if I can make a purely black and white series of mushroom clouds and swastikas and dicks fit on 3x3 inches and use that I guess.

Or a thee liner saying

the goddamn truth posted:

Jet Fuel Doesn't Burn
>>>>>>HOT<<<<<<<
Enough To Melt Steel

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

krispykremessuck posted:

if they say fusion the only response is gently caress off

:(

Been telling them to gently caress of for years.

gently caress.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Zeris posted:

aren't you trying to hike the AT

There's a hiking equivalency to retard strength. I'll give you 3 guesses who's got it in spades darker than Memphis- but you'll only need one.

How else could he confidently rock those kicks.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Pssssshhhh.

That's nothing.

I loving assure you, they'll give you GHB, Klonopin, Morphine, Dextroamphetamines, and every psych med from Abilify to Zyprexa just to get you going in the mornings after you start choking people in anger. VA medicine has been our enemies greatest victory yet.

True story.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 19, 2015

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm taking everything but psych meds with me. Updates will be funny, if intermittent. gently caress your toxx clause, poo poo happens and if we leave a week later I'm not paying ten bucks for GiPtainment.

But updates will come. I'll repurpose the already opened "Shim wrote a story and i," thread.

I'm excited to get started soon. Hiking local trails for training is getting monotonous.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Beard balm?

:negative:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Pro tip if my kikey cousin smears the stuff in his פֵּאָה then you goy's just might not wanna goon your neckbeards up further with the poo poo.

:ughh:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
:negative:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm gonna admit it- I don't grow the vet beard anymore.

Every couple of weeks to maybe a month and a half I cut the crop down to stubble and start anew. I was told I'm "too intense" of a "person" when my personality coupled with a truly righteous vet beard like Spongebob or RL's.

But I ain't been put in the back of a cop car trying to open a checking account since the change to no beard so perhaps there is something to it. :(

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Vasudus posted:

I'll pretty much never grow a beard again probably. Oh well.

:smith:

It's okay little Vetnochio, you'll be a real civilian someday. Pappa Shimetto will make a beard for you! I know you were getting retired when I was re-enlisting and have had your civilian game on lockdown for a hot minute, I just wanted to use Vetnochio when I thought of it. :).

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 20, 2015

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Not all of us have silky smooth beard hair from whatever genetic stock is known for being greasy and naturally shiny. Some of us need poo poo to keep our beards in line. Just combing mine doesn't do poo poo unless I comb up and out and look like a real hobo.

Straight up Jewish and Prairie friend of the family.

We've covered this: God never meant for these genes to combine, and no good ever comes from interbreeding.

Lot of smart people said that, too.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Some Lego privilege being flashed up in here. Throwin' shade at the megablocks poor enlisted parents crew. :colbert:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Yeah Legos were way more expensive than megablocks. If you had megablocks as a kid you couldn't bring your blocks out unless you knew they were mega block poor parent crew too.

I guarunfuckingtee you there is an inverse relationship between gluten allergies and Megablock ownership.

Bet that.

:lol: also hey Spongebob upstairs neckbeard kid who complimented your bumper sticker is curtentlygetting Cucked by the least pigmented of our colorful coloreds comprising the maintenance staff.

Fuckin

El

Oh

El

That is just.. Memphrika as gently caress.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Carteret posted:

If your parents got you megablocks then they didn't love you.

True but my family was the best kind of family I could ask for because they were: :ssh:minus one uncle hanging in the family tree:ssh: white.

For real if your parents are black the best part of your family name is in the white space between all those Q's d's and R's in your urban heritage name. And if you don't understand why: It's because at least the blank spaces in your name on government welfare and food stamp paperwork is white- and therefore of social and humane utility. Unlike you and your unfortunately fertile family.

13th amendment worst amendment.

19's next after the gorillas get back in the mist and out of the oval.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Sorry thought it was drunk thread.

Headed back to the camp where it's all cool.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Wonder what her craigslist post reads like...

I'm not sure if she passes the fat / high / desperate enough test now that's she's potentially got a future niglet in her womb. She could have been good breeding stock right there till she done tainted that baby chute with tar and DNA database matches.

I wonder how tight her turd cutter is now that she's has at least one Sambo bore her out in hole #1.

I still think you should message that chick I dated that you matched on OkCupid before and tell her I want that old goddamn old grinder back bc I know she's too dumb to figure out how to unlock the kief tub on that thing and there were grams of kief in it when it got left in her room. Also mention that she's a whore. She's actually really into dudes calling her a whore. And choking the gently caress out of her.

Fun girl then.

Crazy ex now.

Memphrika as fuuuuuuck.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

holocaust bloopers posted:

The money is cool and all. It's the Voc Rehab eligibility that really got me in a good mood.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahagahaaahahaha.

Beware. VR&E us not always the greatest thing ever.

I have something like 39 or 42 easily transferable of credits between WUSTL and others. And a ton of community college credits.

My Voc Rehab counselor is making me re-do daytime high school for convicted felons and adults seeking to finish High School, and after I jump that hoop she's making me take a menial job in the VA for at least 6 months, likely janitorial in nature, to prove I am employable.

Then, and only then, she might sign off on sending me to community college.

Mind you Spongebob and I share VR&E folks, and she let him study whatever he liked.

VR&E folks have an insane amount of discretion. Don't have your first appointment with one be the week before Christmas, I wound up getting locked out of all of my bennies, including post 9/11 because one counselor thinks I'm far too crazy for my own good.

Not saying don't use it, hell SB uses it and has the same VR&E folks I do with absolutely no problems dealing with them.

It was the worst possible loving move for me, and nowhere anywhere had ANYONE told me those VR&E folks held that kind of power in the VA system.

Just a likely unnecessary heads up since apparently only I seem to loving hate VR&E and ever silverback broodmare running it.

One person can gently caress you good on a bad day under VR&E. I'm living proof of it.

Hence the trail. I figure by the time I get back I'll have decided just how to fix the problem.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Vasudus posted:

If you're that dead set on fighting IU just pay for community college out of your pell grants. Then when your IU gets lifted you can use your bennies on a 4 year.

Kinda odd that they rescinded your GI Bill. Just what in the gently caress did you say to them?

It's not rescinded, I can't access it until I show I'm not just unemployable but not too crazy for school. Yep, they can do that.

It's way easier to just jump through their hoops. I know how far up the rope I pissed and the person with all the chops that I have access to at this point has made it clear I hosed up and I'm gonna pay my dues for being a psychotic seeming rear end in a top hat. And then I can start at step one. Again.

And I didn't say anything illegal or anything. It's not really what you say, it's how psychotic they think you are after being an rear end in a top hat and how thick the file documenting your assholery and infrequently violent psychosis and assholery is.

And she thought I was pretty psychotic. And those are thick files. In the end my badly timed anger means my C&P money goes into a bank account my dad controls (he promptly wires it to me), and they're not paying out poo poo to educate me until I play their game. Source: Three different states heads of VR&E.

Shim'd it up good. :sigh:

It's why I take the pills now.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
On a happier note I'll probably be class valedictorian over at High School High. The whole juke'ing me over to the Dangerous Minds track was a real blindsider, and I did need to get back in therapy and poo poo and taking meds so the VR&E / GI bill roadblocks were for my own good.

At least I'm getting better enough to understand that clearly, now.

:unsmith:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I think the saddest part was like how when you do that VR&E appointment you gotta watch a video and its all about VR&E.

Some guy who lost half his cerebellum on a presence patrol gets rolled out as a VR&E success story because they got him a degree and a job. Sort of a "Hey look if Huey Half Brain here can do this poo poo your 30% or higher rated rear end can get an education and gainful employment too!"

Instead here I am with my C&P going to a wellsfargo account with my dads name on it, and a plucky Michelle Pfieffer as my future inner city home room high school teacher this fall when I attend high school high.

Also kids make sure the high school you graduated from was accredited. If you went to a really poo poo school or were in a poor area it might not have. An accredited high school diploma might have prevented this particular twist. Especially since I've already attended a little college.

Involuntary psychiatric treatments and holds are the herpes of federal paperwork. I would start a rant about how your rights go to gently caress in this country once they start declaring and diagnosing you this and that but who listens or cares about crazy people? Especially crazy vets? Dime a dozen.

Let's forget my sad brains talk and talk about the subtlety of jet fuel combustion vid a vis the feat of melting modern high carbon structural steels. Because I got questions.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

combo breaker, sorry shim.

Dont trust the VA unless you no other options.

Thanks.

A good portion of this is on me for not getting on meds and in therapy sooner.

The rest? Not so much. But it's not like I set myself up for success here. Just didn't know how hard a hard hit from the VA actually hit. Ya know?

Without exaggeration, employees of the VA can and sometimes will turn you into a second class citizen and gently caress with your life. Even the fat angry silverback at the front desk, boys. Tread softly, the gorillas in that most will gently caress you up good.

Real talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Gun shops here are overflowing with ARs, in all shapes, sizes, colors and calibers. Took shim to the shop I was having the .357 fixed. FALs, AK pistols, AR15s falling out of their assholes. Even a drat tactical double barrel 20 guage. And a couple keltec shotguns for good measure.

Hell, even bass pro has a full vault right now. But that's the south.

Yeah they had those 7.62 handguns with Banana clips and I'm positive I saw a shotgun with a drum magazine on it.

Craziest part? This is a hole in the wall gun shop behind a strip mall that's behind a strip mall in the middle 'o nowhere, and they were doing business like black fuckin Friday ('cept for that one 'groid they clearly were waiting to decline for background check).

Oh and I'm stoned off my nut just taking it all in as the fgunsmith sperg'd about screw threading and metallurgy with Sponge Bob for his broken rear sight.

It was a truly glorious reminder of my return to the south. The real south.

• Locked thread