Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

my trailer can get 16 mi/gal what can yer house do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
No gently caress YOU op, i do enjoy driving 15 minutes to the nearest grocery store from my soulless tract housing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive mentioned it before and ppl are probably sick of it but we tried the whole picket fence suburban thing in America's 37th (out of 40) Greatest Places to Live or whatever and loving hated it. it's now empty and we pay the mortgage on it while we try to sell it, and live in a craigslisted RV in denver that I drained my 401k to buy and remodel cause lol if youre younger than 50 and think youre gonna 'retire'. we just passed 7 months full time and though it is probably not for more than like 10% of the population, it's for us. most awesome and exciting year we have had in our lives and it is actually very thrifty living. gently caress having a bunch of square footage

next thing i'm buyin is a plot of land and a bigger one. i'll never buy a structure somebody else built again

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp

revmoo posted:

You're dumber than the rest of these fuckfaces if you think anything in those pictures can be had for 60k

60k is admittedly low, but its do-able. I still rather splash out 5 times that amount for what I would get in return for a modern green prefab vs what the amount would get me in the real estate market.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

The_Cack posted:

welp time to pay property taxes on my property or Obama will take them away

Don't forget to write off your taxes on your taxes.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The real estate market is good. I like it.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Jonny 290 posted:

ive mentioned it before and ppl are probably sick of it but we tried the whole picket fence suburban thing in America's 37th (out of 40) Greatest Places to Live or whatever and loving hated it. it's now empty and we pay the mortgage on it while we try to sell it, and live in a craigslisted RV in denver that I drained my 401k to buy and remodel cause lol if youre younger than 50 and think youre gonna 'retire'. we just passed 7 months full time and though it is probably not for more than like 10% of the population, it's for us. most awesome and exciting year we have had in our lives and it is actually very thrifty living. gently caress having a bunch of square footage

next thing i'm buyin is a plot of land and a bigger one. i'll never buy a structure somebody else built again

Where do you illegally park your sexmachine?

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp

Fat Lowtax posted:

The real estate market is good. I like it.
It's good if you like bad stuff!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

imma sell my house and invest in vodka liek tha OP :c00l:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
posted up in a nice mobile park that allows RVs. had to sign a six month lease to prove we weren't gypsies* but just ran that out, $500 a month with power, water, trash paid. Got a mailbox and everything.

its like 90% hispanic so everybodys always at work and in the afternoons you hear tejano and smell grilling meat

*yes, theyre real. they dont throw babies at you but they do the asphalt scams and all the ladies wear hella spandex and hoop earrings anita sarkeesian would envy

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
paying my house off in 7 years, op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the aarp is a hilariously strong lobbying force and they are the reason that i can drive a 37 foot motorhome on public roads with an ordinary DL for $9.20 a month car insurance and why if I bought a new 150k RV i could deduct the loan interest just like mortgage stuff if its my primary residence

thanks, boomers

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
"House poor" crew checking in. Bought right before the bubble popped 'cause we just got married and my dog liked the yard. Being 30k underwater loving rules!

However, if climate change or a zombie apocalypse causes global societal collapse I won't have to pay the loan back and my property will make a pretty sweet compound. At least I've got that going for me!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Rest assured the apocalypse will come days after you finish paying off your loans

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dirty Sanchez posted:

"House poor" crew checking in. Bought right before the bubble popped 'cause we just got married and my dog liked the yard. Being 30k underwater loving rules!

However, if climate change or a zombie apocalypse causes global societal collapse I won't have to pay the loan back and my property will make a pretty sweet compound. At least I've got that going for me!

Hopefully US does the Purge thing so you can deliver a bonus to your mortgage banker.

Jonny 290 posted:

hoop earrings anita sarkeesian would envy

lol

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

if you don't have a house what will you reverse mortgage when you get old and stupid?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Saalkin posted:

if you don't have a house what will you reverse mortgage when you get old and stupid?

ur ssi :owned:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Saalkin posted:

lol the boomers are all going to reverse mortgage their houses to pay for life extending geriatric treatment, inflating medical treatment prices due to the huge cash influx, and then they're going to die and the banks are gonna own all the houses that the kids were expecting to inherit and getting a broken arm set now costs $85,000

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The American Dream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjbV9z50gPM

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

lol the boomers are all going to reverse mortgage their houses to pay for life extending geriatric treatment, inflating medical treatment prices due to the huge cash influx, and then they're going to die and the banks are gonna own all the houses that the kids were expecting to inherit and getting a broken arm set now costs $85,000

lol

The last great "gently caress You" from the gently caress you generation.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
oh no a GBS 1.0 disguised as a 'lol if you' thread

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Houses? BULLSHIT *penn teller voice*

Living in the Kowloon Walled City? Augh Augh Augh *tim allen voice*

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I'm GBS 1.0 as gently caress but I have a mortgage because rent is dumb. pay more, get nothing back, not in 10 years, not in 20, not ever. also have a boss (landlord) and coworkers (roommates) at home too

unassertive boy 99
Dec 7, 2014

by Ralp

Costello Jello posted:

oh no a GBS 1.0 disguised as a 'lol if you' thread

Hating me won't make your wife less fat and your home less miserable, sorry 2 say

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Real estate chat is a lot more interesting than gun control or whatever.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hackbunny posted:

I'm GBS 1.0 as gently caress but I have a mortgage because rent is dumb. pay more, get nothing back, not in 10 years, not in 20, not ever. also have a boss (landlord) and coworkers (roommates) at home too

You know the first few years of the loan are interest payments to the bank.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Wow...what slaves to society would want to live here...

ahhh..now heres the good poo poo

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

unassertive boy 99 posted:

AHAHA a condo...

See, at least with a cookie cutter you get some grass and some quiet and actually are entitled to a piece of earth. But condo.... toiling for the privilege of cramped, shoebox Worker Camp living?? And you say you are free...Where'd you get that idea?

Hell yeah I'm free to walk to the bar get drunk and walk back, sometimes even with a girl! ;-*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Emanuel Collective posted:

Wow...what slaves to society would want to live here...

CITY PLANNING OFFICE:

"Hey, Rich, what's the minimum turn radius of a transit bus?"

"Uhh......62 feet"

*sets turn radius to 61*

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

CITY PLANNING OFFICE:

"Hey, Rich, what's the minimum turn radius of a transit bus?"

"Uhh......62 feet"

*sets turn radius to 61*

City....planning???

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

etalian posted:

You know the first few years of the loan are interest payments to the bank.

no :confused:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I lost some shingles in that last Nor Easter.

Also, Ice Dams.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

ITT goons discover how amortization works

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
money cant buy happiness but being poor is guaranteed to make me sad

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Basically beginning of the loan is mainly interest payments to the bank:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

what kind of retard spends a quarter million on a prefab the size of a trailer, jfc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at people who get excited over buying a condo.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

gonna pay off this place soon then loving move cuz my neighbors are fuckshits

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

etalian posted:

lolling at people who get excited over buying a condo.

I knew this lady in Boston who bought her "condo" (read: Crappy 1 bed room apartment) for 150K in 2002 to then sell it in 2007 for 350K. Hard to laugh at those numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

redshirt posted:

I knew this lady in Boston who bought her "condo" (read: Crappy 1 bed room apartment) for 150K in 2002 to then sell it in 2007 for 350K. Hard to laugh at those numbers.

other than she moved becasue of u

• Locked thread