Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's March, I'm awake, and games start in a few hours, so here's a gameday thread.

There are a handful of games today that will have an effect on the bubble/seeding, and conference tournaments start in two days - rejoice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I should hate uconn but it's just not there. Still hope they lose

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Bishop posted:

I should hate uconn but it's just not there. Still hope they lose

With SMU losing, Tulsa is now guaranteed a shot at the AAC title, though they'll have to win in Dallas to do it. If Tulsa beats Cincy on Wednesday, then they're guaranteed to at least share the AAC, though SMU gets the 1-seed regardless if they win that last game.

Being in this position is excellent work by Haith, jury still very much out on if he can sustain success at any program.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Despite their success uconn does not get all that much national attention. What's their recruiting like?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

And the MAAC field is set. There is still one regular season game going on, but it won't affect seeding...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Okay, Purdue is just trolling us now...

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

OctoberBlues posted:

Okay, Purdue is just trolling us now...

6-11 from 3 in the first half, none from Kendall Stephens. If they can hit 3s they're going to be tough to beat from here on out.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eat it, Pitt. Deeeeacs. :getin:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
would be shocked if purdue can hold on to this, looking like a real tournament team tho, so that's good

smithers
Jun 18, 2013
Oregon up 71-70 on Stanford with 14 seconds left. Would be a huge win for the Ducks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

goldboilermark posted:

would be shocked if purdue can hold on to this, looking like a real tournament team tho, so that's good

Foul shooting and ball security cost them this one. And DeAngelo Russell being a beast

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue blew it, 7-13 from the free throw line, 3 1 and 1 front ends in that mess. Could have locked up all kinds of stuff.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue blew it, 7-13 from the free throw line, 3 1 and 1 front ends in that mess. Could have locked up all kinds of stuff.

That's just coming back to earth after shooting threes way better than they should have

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

kittenmittons posted:

That's just coming back to earth after shooting threes way better than they should have

That was nice. Just frustrating, if they hit 2 more free throws or if Russell wasn't at 100% Russell they pull out a win. If they hit free throws at a normal rate it's not even close.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would laugh so hard if the Fightin' Alfords choked at home to Wazzou

edit: UCLA was a 15 point favorite

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 2, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Eat it, Pitt. Deeeeacs. :getin:

The proper phrase is Eat poo poo, Pitt. :colbert:

WillKane
Feb 18, 2015

Nothing new under the sun.
I like Purdue in the tournament. I see Lunardi has them in the last 4 in as an 11 seed playing a play in. If his bracket today was the real bracket they'd play Cincinnati. I'd take Purdue's physical defense and ability to hit 3's to win that and possibly another as well.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Sooner. God Bless.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress a Longhorn. God Bless.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Imma go to the ut baylor game i think

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a Sooner. God Bless.

Our slim hopes for a 5-way share of the title are pendent on this.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Eight minutes in, and we're on pace for a thrilling 30-0 win over Virginia tonight!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor/UT is basically Generic Comfortable Baylor Win so far.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Texas is bad at basketball and a relatively poor night from 3 by BU is the only reason they aren't getting routed right now.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I can't believe Texas isn't even going to make the tournament (assuming a loss tonight)... Actually, what am I saying, Rick Barnes, of course I can believe it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Really thought UVA was ripe for a loss tonight, but looks like they're going to lock up the ACC title after all. Might be enough to secure the 1 seed as well.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I think 1 win in the ACC title does it barring a bad blowout. Gonzaga losing was a huge help

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU just playing possum...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Um, that ball didn't even hit the rim, did it? He passed it to himself.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That's what you get for starting inferior seniors.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
What happened in the Texas-Baylor game? In OT and I come back to 4 UT and 3 Baylor guys ejected.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Long touched him but that was still a hell of a flop. Long slapped his hand and he popped his head back like he'd been shot.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cyclones, get your poo poo together so KU has a clearer path to solely winning the title!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa State really is going to pull a 2014 Iowa, I'm shocked to be honest.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Maybe ISU is just pulling a Baylor and making themselves look real bad in preparation for a deep postseason run.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
lol

Totally not a shooting foul. Okay.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I seriously can't believe how lovely Iowa State looks...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Why am I watching this game. I am being tortured.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somebody is loving somebody else's girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

OctoberBlues posted:

I seriously can't believe how lovely Iowa State looks...

Seriously is there some reason this is a bad matchup for Iowa State or are they just flat/off/terrible tonight?

• Locked thread