Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I WAS WONDERING WHY WE STARTED LOSING THEN I SAW THE SPIRITUS NOX JINX AND EVEN THE EARLY LEAVING UT FANS (ONLY DOWN 10 WITH 6:30 TO GO) COULDNT UN JINX IT

Fun game but they threw out half of both teams for a really minor scuffle during OT and I think cherry got fouled on the last shot but they didn't call it and I couldn't see it clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

Momma Jackie Chicken: Fry chicken then add Onions, crushed tomatoes, a little ketchup, thyme, salt pepper then steam all together 20 mins.

That's not even steamed chicken, I feel robbed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

I WAS WONDERING WHY WE STARTED LOSING THEN I SAW THE SPIRITUS NOX JINX AND EVEN THE EARLY LEAVING UT FANS (ONLY DOWN 10 WITH 6:30 TO GO) COULDNT UN JINX IT

Fun game but they threw out half of both teams for a really minor scuffle during OT and I think cherry got fouled on the last shot but they didn't call it and I couldn't see it clearly.

Were you there? I saw you mentioned you might go.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I imagine there's a lot of KU hate tonight but gently caress it, we got 11.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 3, 2015

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

kiimo posted:

I imagine there's a lot of KU hate tonight but gently caress it, we got 11.

Aww, why did you delete that lame-rear end Spinal Tap-referencing image?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm ashamed to admit that I decided to go to bed instead of watching the second half of the ISU game last night. I really didn't want to watch them continue to struggle and then go to bed really angry. Glad they won, hopefully that takes away the ISU jinx that came around in the KSU game.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Were you there? I saw you mentioned you might go.

Yeah it was fun and a lot of baylor fans

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Matey posted:

Aww, why did you delete that lame-rear end Spinal Tap-referencing image?

I'm sure you never posted something lame while celebrating.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

lol so touchy

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Conference tournaments begin tonight, which is awesome, here's what we've got (times are EST):

Atlantic Sun
7:00 PM: (6) Kennesaw State at (3) USC Upstate
7:00 PM: (5) Lipscomb at (4) Northern Kentucky
7:00 PM: (7) Jacksonville at (2) Florida Gulf Coast
7:30 PM: (8) Stetson at North Florida

Horizon League
7:00 PM: (8) Youngstown State at (5) Detroit
8:00 PM: (7) Wright State at (6) Illinois-Chicago

Patriot League
7:00 PM: (10) Army at (7) Navy
7:00 PM: (9) Loyola (MD) at (8) Holy Cross

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 3, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

OctoberBlues posted:

Patrot League
7:00 PM: (10) Army at (7) Navy

Huh, I just realized I don't think I've ever even thought about Army or Navy basketball. Have they ever been good? Is it like football where they were really good around WW2?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Navy had David Robinson and actually made the elite eight in 1986!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
poo poo how could I forget Robinson? More for his commercials later on but still.

Also looking them up Bob Knight and Mike Krzyzewski started at Army (although neither made the tournament there).

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

There's also an excellent book by John Feinstein - The Last Amateurs - that is about the Patriot League but goes a fair bit into Army and Navy, specifically the differences between how their teams are run compared to the rest of the Patriot League.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

There's also an excellent book by John Feinstein - The Last Amateurs - that is about the Patriot League but goes a fair bit into Army and Navy, specifically the differences between how their teams are run compared to the rest of the Patriot League.

Patriot league owns and army almost made the tournament twice in the past ten years. Its a good amateur league and when you win and make the tournament it actually means something. Army womens made it once recently but then their coach died (pitt coaches sister)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all I'm ready for some Dunk City tournament action :getin:

(until they lose to the same KenPom 340's team that just beat them 3 days ago)

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Yogi guarding White :wtc:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Fu-

Aw hell, I can't hate West Virginia. But I need KU to beat them.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa's looking pretty good so far, hanging with Indiana.

The feisty Youngstown State Penguins are winning at Detroit, go Penguins!

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 4, 2015

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
Wow it's almost like IU has no idea that this game is make or break for them. Unbelievable.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

This is loving terrible.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rhode Island getting crushed by Dayton, which probably seals their NIT fate.

Georgetown-Butler looks like it's heading for another classic.

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

Hello Towel posted:

This is loving terrible.

Nothing else to say at this point. This doesn't even look like the same team that smoked Maryland.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I used to think a lot of Indiana fans were being idiots when they called for Crean's head after every loss, but I'm really starting to think a change is needed. Nothing ever changes on the court. It's been the same poo poo game after game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Hello Towel posted:

I used to think a lot of Indiana fans were being idiots when they called for Crean's head after every loss, but I'm really starting to think a change is needed. Nothing ever changes on the court. It's been the same poo poo game after game.

Isn't there not a lot of talent on this squad this year, though? I'd wait for a better recruiting class to come in before making judgments on how he develops players. Case in point: Barnes is ripe for getting fired.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

OctoberBlues posted:

The feisty Youngstown State Penguins are winning at Detroit, go Penguins!

Tied with 3 1/2 minutes left, let's go conference tourney minnows

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Benne posted:

Tied with 3 1/2 minutes left, let's go conference tourney minnows

I don't think the Penguins are going to do it. :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hoosiers man...:cripes:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa is going to finish this season 7-3 in true road games, that's gonna help when it comes to NCAA seeding.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Really big win for Iowa. Indiana isn't great or anything, but getting to 20 should pretty much make them a lock for the tourney. Hopefully they avenge their worst loss of the year game against Northwestern and win at least one game in the BTT, but they should be safe even if that goes wrong. Probably as an 8 or 9 but it'd be really nice to get up to 6 or 7.

Another great game for Aaron White. Probably my favorite Hawkeye since Woolridge, and one of the best players in the history of the program. Hope he makes first team all conference.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 4, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, gently caress a tiger. All tigers that play basketball, I don't care.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Hey, gently caress a tiger. All tigers that play basketball, I don't care.

What did Tennessee State ever do to you?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:siren: Georgia is beating Kentucky :siren:

It's 3-2

E: oh nevermind Kentucky is back on top

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lipscomb edges Northern Kentucky in OT, so the A-Sun gets to avoid that awkward question of who gets the tourney bid if NKU won it all.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Lipscomb beat Northern Kentucky. Which is good because Northern Kentucky isn't eligible for the NCAA tournament, and if they would have made the A-Sun championship game, their opponent would have gotten the bid regardless. Which would have been dumb.

edit: multiple posts about a Lipscomb-Northern Kentucky game, wow!

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 4, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did the Jayhawks' team bus break down or something?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Would you Lipscomb fanboys please stop filling up the thread, other teams deserve to be talked about too.

It looks like Georgia has some big euro that shotfakes like crazy and can put up numbers on Kentucky

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It will not happen but Georgia beating UK because their front court full of lottery picks can't stop biting on a goofy white euro dude's pump fake would be hilarious

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Benne posted:

:suspense: its at Kansas and our best two point guards/senior leaders are out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Benne posted:

This has been how KU has been playing all year long for the most part. Inability to handle pressure, rebounding incompetence, poor inside game and 2pt shooting, no fast break offense or defense... Pretty much it right there.

• Locked thread