Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

psydude posted:

I guess it's like highschool or college is for some people - the best time of their life and so they prefer to stay there mentally.

not caring here posted:

Jesus if the military was the best time in your life then you definitely have not had a good life.

QFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

2 of my sisters peaked in hs and its kinda crazy how apparent that is

Jealousy is a bitch.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

psydude posted:

The more time I spent completely not in the military the more I realize how ridiculous most poo poo in the military is. The uniforms, cadences, NCO jargon, numerous subdivisions of the S/G/J 3. I also have to stop myself from rolling my eyes when my customers start breaking into that poo poo. I guess it's like highschool or college is for some people - the best time of their life and so they prefer to stay there mentally.

It's endlessly amusing being part of the old guard of my current client, since we have a turnover rate that is obscene. Every few weeks I have to explain to someone that no, things don't work like xyz and you can't just talk to person a. In fact, if you talk to person a, you will possibly get reprimanded. Yes, the client is well aware of how inefficient this is. No, the client doesn't care.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
SE Asia says hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnJbkMXue8

lmao that I can record, edit, and upload 1080p60fps videos on deployment.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
"Deployment" lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

its curtains for Kevin posted:

SE Asia says hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnJbkMXue8

lmao that I can record, edit, and upload 1080p60fps videos on deployment.

Where the gently caress is your PT belt.

Also what loving camera are you using that does 1080 with 60 fps?

1080i maybe. Not 1080p

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Soulex posted:

1080i maybe. Not 1080p

iphones can do 1080p at 60fps and 4k at 30.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Goons help me. My wife's wisdom tooth is killing her, and trying to figure out how to use the MetLife dental coverage, Tricare Dental Plan or whatever, that I signed up for in Reception at Basic, I learned, after talking to the Tricare lady, that "someone didn't finish the process" and that it wasn't active, and it wasn't deducted from my paycheck. I signed up again for it right away, and paid the first payment, plus signed up for autodeduction from my paycheck. She said the coverage begins in February 1st.

Except, my wife is like, dying. The tooth is not even visible, and the quotes I'm getting from dental clinics are like 1500 or more dollars. It's a hellalot money for us right now, and while I can spend it right now, is there any other choice? There's no way for her to use the Charleston Air Force Base or Naval Weapons Station dental clinic for an emergency, for example? I've tried looking for help, but all the TriCare people seems equally lost with me. I don't want my wife to writhe in pain, but I'd also like to not take a huge chunk out of our future house downpayment.

And gently caress you Reception, I was told the reason for Reception is to get our finances and benefits in order. And now I don't have that dental care that she needs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Soulex posted:

1080i maybe. Not 1080p

Are you from 2012? Even a Lumix g7 or ANY modern phone does 1080p60, some nicer ones do 4k even.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Vahakyla posted:

Goons help me. My wife's wisdom tooth is killing her, and trying to figure out how to use the MetLife dental coverage, Tricare Dental Plan or whatever, that I signed up for in Reception at Basic, I learned, after talking to the Tricare lady, that "someone didn't finish the process" and that it wasn't active, and it wasn't deducted from my paycheck. I signed up again for it right away, and paid the first payment, plus signed up for autodeduction from my paycheck. She said the coverage begins in February 1st.

Except, my wife is like, dying. The tooth is not even visible, and the quotes I'm getting from dental clinics are like 1500 or more dollars. It's a hellalot money for us right now, and while I can spend it right now, is there any other choice? There's no way for her to use the Charleston Air Force Base or Naval Weapons Station dental clinic for an emergency, for example? I've tried looking for help, but all the TriCare people seems equally lost with me. I don't want my wife to writhe in pain, but I'd also like to not take a huge chunk out of our future house downpayment.

And gently caress you Reception, I was told the reason for Reception is to get our finances and benefits in order. And now I don't have that dental care that she needs.

Welcome to the US Army, poo poo's always kind of hosed up somehow.

The good news is that she's already covered under Prime, so she can at least go to an ER somewhere and get some pain control, for now.

The bad news is that you're probably going to have to pay out of pocket for dental work before Feb 1. Best bet is to call the local bases' dental clinics, see if they even take dependents, plead her case, and see if they can work something out. If not, ask for a list of preferred clinics in the area, and see if one of those is willing to do a payment plan. They usually are, and it'll wind up being less of a big hit all at once.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Yeah I'd you're near a MTF then she can get treatment there.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

See your local barber-surgeon

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Soulex posted:

1080i maybe. Not 1080p

Go Pro Session 5s are dope my man. A serviceable microphone and linear 1080p shooting makes them good for studio work in addition to their usual use of xxxxtreeem sports

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Are you from 2012? Even a Lumix g7 or ANY modern phone does 1080p60, some nicer ones do 4k even.

Guess I was just used to th Army stuff. Panasonic P2HD only hit 720p60fps but would only do 1080p30fps or 1080i60fps. And yes there is a difference. P is essentially picture. It's a still frame. An actual frame. I stands for integrated which is a combination of two images and what it would look like from one gram to the next. These integrated frames make poo poo like slow motion very loving lovely.

And phones yeah, I thought camera camera.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I stands for interlaced and P stands for progressive you slack-jawed junk slut.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Presented without comment

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Well, 2016 had to get one last dickpunch in before it wrapped up. Very last thing I was waiting on was CID's report and oh boy did it piss me off.

In addition to people who had never met me making remarks about my character, they also managed to misquote me in my statement to them: I told them that my wife had quit her job in October. The report said I said that *I* quit my job.

And then some things of a privately nature that I'd rather not say publicly that were hurtful.

For gently caress's sake.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

McNally posted:

In addition to people who had never met me making remarks about my character

Serious question have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

McNally posted:

For gently caress's sake.

Burn them all, hold their balls to the fire.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Steezo posted:

Burn them all, hold their balls to the fire.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

May Shao Khan preside over Allah judging DEERS, and declare BRUTALITY afterwards :smith:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, the only way people in the army give a single solitary gently caress about what happens to anyone else is the threat of something happening to them.

Burn that motherfucker down

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Serious question have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I really don't think I have a leg to stand on for legal action and I'd just as soon move on.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

McNally posted:

I really don't think I have a leg to stand on for legal action and I'd just as soon move on.

You should still talk to one anyways especially if you have a big paper trail of evidence.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

You should still talk to one anyways especially if you have a big paper trail of evidence.

McNally I understand more than most about wanting to move on and not wanting to relive the pain, but this is an unbelievable injustice.

If I can help you fight in any material way, I will. There are soldiers going through this poo poo right now who don't have the support network of Internet nerds. These soldiers may have no choice to give up. I urge you to fight for them and yourself, but I don't think anyone would judge you poorly if you elect not to continue the pain of this experience.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
What kind of U.S. soldier turns down the opportunity to set something on fire

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I stands for interlaced and P stands for progressive you slack-jawed junk slut.

It's still a clear picture and not some blurred poo poo you grammar Gorilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
idk I don't have anything witty to say about the army, y'all seem pretty cool

new thread time

• Locked thread