Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Wifey didn't get the gig so my dreams of retiring and becoming a fly by nite SCOP are dead :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Thesoldier posted:

Wifey didn't get the gig so my dreams of retiring and becoming a fly by nite SCOP are dead :cry:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
http://www.news10.net/story/news/nation/2015/03/07/family-susect-died-fleeing-sues-iowa-state-patrol/24597209/

What law and or case law in the United States pertains to the responsibility over the people in LE custody?

I don't know any off hand, and my wife said "I'd be in deep poo poo but I can't cite a law" when asked about such deaths in custody.
I can only say from a Finnish perspective and it's under "virkavastuu" or "responsibility of a public officer" or whatever, but that has poo poo all to do with the US.
I'm doing very important Facebook fighting here, so imma need some help.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I'll never understand why troopers alway put people in the front seat.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whale Cancer posted:

I'll never understand why troopers alway put people in the front seat.

Troopers are a sad lonely breed :(

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
dude probably bitched about back or knee pain so to be nice they put him up front and he does this poo poo and gets killed. Lesson learned is never be nice.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

Lesson learned is never be nice.

This a thousand times.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
They're just lonely and it's nice to have someone to talk to. All those miles of highway but no idle conversation.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Even we wouldn't put a drunk driver in the front seat.

This happened a while back though http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1521936/Soldier-killed-policeman-by-pulling-handbrake.html

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
Our highway patrol in NC doesn't have cages, they put all of their prisoners in the front seat. I think the idea is that the prisoner can't reach over the seat and strangle the officer from behind or something.

Ima Grip And Sip
Oct 19, 2014

:sherman:

deratomicdog posted:

Our highway patrol in NC doesn't have cages, they put all of their prisoners in the front seat. I think the idea is that the prisoner can't reach over the seat and strangle the officer from behind or something.

Same thing here. If your drunk as poo poo and run out in traffic that's on you buddy regardless of whether the cop has a cage in the back or lets you use the front seat cup holder for your beer.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
at least look both ways before you decide to play drunk handcuffed frogger on an interstate.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Personally I won't transport a person in anything that does not have a prisoner cage

Got my Sergeant's exam tomorrow, 150 law questions in 3 hours jeesus

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Hezzy posted:

Personally I won't transport a person in anything that does not have a prisoner cage

Got my Sergeant's exam tomorrow, 150 law questions in 3 hours jeesus

Shouldn't they maybe test you on something you'll actually have to be doing like supervision and management?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Even in Canada our cop cars have at the very least a sheet of plexiglass between the front and back seats.

Oh, and while we were talking about different kinds of racism wait till you see the anti-Native jokes Canadians have perfected plus we back-pedal when caught.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Justin Godscock posted:

Even in Canada our cop cars have at the very least a sheet of plexiglass between the front and back seats.

Oh, and while we were talking about different kinds of racism wait till you see the anti-Native jokes Canadians have perfected plus we back-pedal when caught.

Overt racism is so American

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DrakeriderCa posted:

Overt racism is so American

You're basically Diet America. America Lite. All the taste with half the calories.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

beanieson posted:

You're basically Diet America. America Lite. All the taste with half the calories.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Justin Godscock posted:

We apologize when we get caught. Or when we don't.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Aw yes. No more poo poo kicking patrols for me, city bike squad here I come.

Tentacle Party fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 10, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

E: /\/\/\/\ aaaaawwwwww yeeeeessssssss :allears:

Tentacle Party posted:

Aw yes. No more poo poo kicking patrols for me, city bike squad here I come.

Motor or pedals? Choose wisely, one is awesome and one puts you among the biggest douches in the dept.

beanieson fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 10, 2015

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Should be perfect. Small city / tourist area district, no residents means no domestics. Street offences for lyfe.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFiT57eG82s

statistically at least one of you that post in here are like this. I suspect thesoldier but instead of inane rambling about a cat he is quoting from the movie tombstone.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

beanieson posted:

Motor or pedals? Choose wisely, one is awesome and one puts you among the biggest douches in the dept.

Legit don't know which you're referring to.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Legit don't know which you're referring to.

smh if you don't know how douchy motorcycl cops are

and besides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnXzF_ENE1I

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Shouldn't they maybe test you on something you'll actually have to be doing like supervision and management?

First part is law knowledge and is incredibly hard. Think I've done OK - can't say with certainty that I have passed though.

The second part is to become an "Acting Sergeant" where you get a temporary promotion for 3 to 6 months and demonstrate skills to show you are suitable to be a Sergeant. If that goes well, then you pass the second stage and can apply for a permanent Sergeant position. In the interview you have to provide evidence and examples of management / supervision to the panel of senior officers in addition to other competencies such as "Openness to Change" and "Interpersonal Skills" etc.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hezzy, how old are you? You've gone from special to Acting skipper loving quickly.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I bet he's just exceptionally well-bred

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not possible, he's from the North.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So I was biking downtown and blasted a red light on my bike from a pedestrian crossway and got pulled over. My wife and her new FTO in there.

Got a ticket. I should've resisted detainment or something.

I think I just got owned harder than any married man. Halp.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

So I was biking downtown and blasted a red light on my bike from a pedestrian crossway and got pulled over. My wife and her new FTO in there.

Got a ticket. I should've resisted detainment or something.

I think I just got owned harder than any married man. Halp.

:confused: what was she doing outside of the kitchen?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Ticketing my bitch rear end obviously. I feel so humiliated. This is the South, goddamnit. This is not what God intended.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Hezzy, how old are you? You've gone from special to Acting skipper loving quickly.

Joined as a SPC when I was 19, so I've got 7 years in as of February this year. I was pretty active, if I wasn't at University I was on response. It was quite hard to work when I moved away from University but I still managed to do a few hours here and there. Transferred over to my current force as a SPC in 2011, the day after the riots ended. Then I started as a PC in March 2013.

Not acting yet - just took the OSPRE Part 1 exam. If I pass I can go for acting but I've decided I'm not going to do that for another year or two. I want to establish myself a bit more, build up some supporting evidence and experience in the form of tutoring other officers and managing our SPCs on operations and the like. OSPRE Part 1 lasts for 5 years so I'm in no rush, but that's assuming I pass the exam! It was pretty tough.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamheslop

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm sure dudes in this thread who have played Battlefield with me on voice comms can attest to the fact that I am definitely not well bred

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Hezzy posted:

Joined as a SPC when I was 19, so I've got 7 years in as of February this year. I was pretty active, if I wasn't at University I was on response. It was quite hard to work when I moved away from University but I still managed to do a few hours here and there. Transferred over to my current force as a SPC in 2011, the day after the riots ended. Then I started as a PC in March 2013.

Not acting yet - just took the OSPRE Part 1 exam. If I pass I can go for acting but I've decided I'm not going to do that for another year or two. I want to establish myself a bit more, build up some supporting evidence and experience in the form of tutoring other officers and managing our SPCs on operations and the like. OSPRE Part 1 lasts for 5 years so I'm in no rush, but that's assuming I pass the exam! It was pretty tough.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamheslop

I'm sure dudes in this thread who have played Battlefield with me on voice comms can attest to the fact that I am definitely not well bred

I can confirm after numerous snapchats that Hezzy is of the lower classes

No beard either, which is disappointing

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DrakeriderCa posted:

What's he working with down there?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

How can you tell what class he's from by looking at snapchat images of him using his friction lock baton as a urethral sounder?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
because the upper class have servants to take the picture and sound the urethra for them duh.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

because the upper class have servants to take the picture and sound the urethra for them duh.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol if you take pictures of your own urethra, run to Home Depot and pick up a day laborer for like $40 and some Taco Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The upper class don't use friction lock batons, they use Field Marshal Batons.

• Locked thread