Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Will Ferrell is going to blow up this 0-0 pitcher's duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
:bunt:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
1-3!

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Great PFP Will

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

"I throw a slurge"

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

He's coming into RF for the Padres

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
It's just like Dodgers fans to boo former players.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Valverde gonna Valverde

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Oh hey, the Padres signed Jose Valv- *In play, run(s)*

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
:lol: Valverde

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Mark Reynolds with a walk. :aaa:

and a steal. :aaaaa:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Manny Banuelos and Mike Foltynewicz are trying to earn spots in the Braves rotation. So far, they look evenly matched: both started a game today, both gave up 5 runs, and both were pulled after 0.2 innings

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Foltynewicz can't find the strike zone as a starter. I'm shocked they even consider him a serious candidate. There is almost a 2012 Cubs-level lack of quality depth in their pitching rotation and bullpen.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Seriously, that team is going to be just dreadful all around.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rick Horton is in mid-season form. :shepicide:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Grichuk just crushed one. He's having a great spring, I wonder if there is any chance he becomes the starter in CF over Jay.

probably not, Matheny loves Jay.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Freese being good with a bat would definitely help losing Kendrick

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Tulo and Morneau with back to back homers....

aww yeah.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Denorfia Dinger! :toot:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

hey Tim Hudson pitched today and his ankle didn't explode, hooray.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Man, the camera angle for this Cards/Marlins game is god awful, every single left-handed batter is blocked by the pitcher so you can't see them swing at all.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Man, the camera angle for this Cards/Marlins game is god awful, every single left-handed batter is blocked by the pitcher so you can't see them swing at all.

On the other hand those are some kickass unis the Cards are wearing. Red and Green is a color combo not used enough in sports in my opinion.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

On the other hand those are some kickass unis the Cards are wearing. Red and Green is a color combo not used enough in sports in my opinion.

Yeah, they are pretty sweet.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Josh Harrison just avoided being picked off in another run-down

:laffo:

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Just watchin' the Tigers for procrastination. Martinez looks good. Verlander looks good (e: lol). But the Tigers do not - I mean, c'mon, you should probably be able to knock in a guy from third with no outs, or bring at least one run home on first-and-second with no outs (or second-and-third with one out). To be fair Strasburg is gonna Strasburg.

Xenophon fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 17, 2015

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FREE KILA

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Josh Harrison just avoided being picked off in another run-down

:laffo:

It was against the Astros. That's basically playing on Easy mode.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I'll say one thing, this Pirates game is for the birds.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The Cincinnati Reds are wearing red uniforms on St. Patrick's Day
:dogbutton:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Drew Rucinski, may be like #10+ on the Angels SP depth chart, looking fuckin' nasty against the Rockies. 5K in 3IP, 3 grounders and a shallow fly ball. Best start the Angels have had this spring, that was fun.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Assholes, stop feeding Trout low pitches.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Assholes, stop feeding Trout low pitches.

Doesn't he allegedly have a :airquote:weakness:airquote: on high pitches, too? Isn't that kind of a known thing?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Yes and he won't get any practice with high pitches because spring training pitchers are just working on getting the ball down in the zone.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rickie Weeks is batting leadoff today because he has a dental appointment to get to. Is this high school baseball?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Yes and he won't get any practice with high pitches because spring training pitchers are just working on getting the ball down in the zone.

Ahh, the ol' false sense of security for the opposition.

Start throwing meatballs to bad/borderline players in spring training so they get roster spots and then stink it up come regular season.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Angels have hit 3 triples this inning :eyepop:

Bauer looks like dogshit

4th loving triple !!!

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Good Dog posted:

Angels have hit 3 triples this inning :eyepop:

Bauer looks like dogshit

4th loving triple !!!

I'm watching the game now, I'm baffled that Cron could get a triple out of that hit.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v50705583/laacle-the-angels-leg-out-four-triples-in-the-3rd/?cid=ana

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I might be alone on this but I just love it when the Root Sports and NESN guys do their combined broadcasts like today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

rundown double play. God drat that was ugly, Cards.

• Locked thread