Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
maybe she mind controlled him to kill himself and poo poo cause that fivehead is some gray alien poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What are AnneFrankFanFic thoughts on the topic?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Zippy the Bummer posted:

we should elect this girl empress

:thurman:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

there gold in them there far hills

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
gbs canonize this teen

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Concerned Citizen posted:

i think the biggest part of the case is that he left the car and decided he couldn't go on with the suicide and then she told him to get back in and stop being such a pussy
Yeah this is the part where I think there's a reasonable case to make her culpable. It's one thing to harass someone and tell them to kill themselves, it's another to encourage them to keep at it when they're in the process of doing it an having second thoughts. Like you can get away with saying you didn't mean it or it was a joke when it's just "go kill yourself" but not in this case, she knew what he was doing and encouraged it rather than getting help.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah this is the part where I think there's a reasonable case to make her culpable. It's one thing to harass someone and tell them to kill themselves, it's another to encourage them to keep at it when they're in the process of doing it an having second thoughts. Like you can get away with saying you didn't mean it or it was a joke when it's just "go kill yourself" but not in this case, she knew what he was doing and encouraged it rather than getting help.
I doubt she will serve time for this because they're going for manslaughter which is comical when applied to this scenario.

I don't think there is really anything to charge her with anyway. If she were in a position of authority or power over this kid then maybe, but she's a peer.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Khorne posted:

I doubt she will serve time for this because they're going for manslaughter which is comical when applied to this scenario.

I don't think there is really anything to charge her with anyway. If she were in a position of authority or power over this kid then maybe, but she's a peer.

regardless they're gonna play the "She is depressed and mentally unwell" card since that's already the way it's going with what her friends are saying and she's probably going to get a slap on the wrist with community service and counseling if anything

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

big brain

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

about as humiliating as suicide gets without boners/butts involved

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I hope everyone remains alive but sometimes suicides are funny

like that LF FTP goon who threw himself off a bridge because the cops shut down his underage party and in his note encouraged his friends to take gender studies classes. That was pretty funny and great gift of laughter for all involved.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 2, 2015

Drowning In Terror
Dec 10, 2008

those canines though

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

If we find out she befriended him after he made fun of her forehead several years ago this story is going to become a major motion picture

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

like that LF FTP goon who threw himself off a bridge because the cops shut down his underage party and in his note encouraged his friends to take gender studies classes. That was pretty funny and great gift of laughter for all involved.

Reading his suicide note someone might come to the conclusion that he was raped, but nope, he literally killed himself over a rape of someone he didnt even know

quote:

I suppose, in a lot of ways, this was how it was meant to end. The water tried to take me once and I’m drawn back to this day. Especially on a day like today.

There is a certain sense of irony involved in choosing to end my life in the one thing that’s always pushing forward. Even in this awful polluted bay, the water licks the seaweed and barnacle-covered pieces of rock. There’s some tortured metaphor in everything isn’t there?

When I was in elementary school, I often wondered if I’d get to be like Dad. I spent hours imagining my own reconstructed version of those stories. Initially, the base of these dreams was King Arthur. Endeared by months spent on that bed reading back and forth with mom, then it turned to Zelda, a black and white Gameboy game. The landmarks of St. Maarten all became transplants from that 2” by 2” screen. By the end of 2nd grade, however, it became your stories dad. All those years reading and imagining developed into that one strong fanciful King Arthur of New York. There is a special level of humility to all those tales. The triumphs and failings of a damaged man, certainly no less broken than the rest of us, but human, none the less.

My dreams and hopes have shifted since then, but that base has always been there. King Malone in the Volvo P1800 (with the broken headlights). These days, I’ve become more tired of remembering the past and wondering about the future. I’ve slowly watched that future collapse in on itself whether by my own actions or those of others and now I’m simply tired. My future is rubble and while below that rubble, there is still a foundation, my arms are weak and my tools are broken. My job is gone, relationships strained, and mugshot posted. Entropy is a funny thing I suppose. A house of stone may take a millennia to collapse, but it will collapse. Unfortunately, it would appear the imaginary building blocks of my future were far less sturdy.

Even absent that natural collapse, the sexual assault was too much. There was no adequate form of preparation available for that and no repair afterwards. What began as an earnest effort to help on the part of Amherst, became an emotionless hand washing. In those places I should’ve received help, I saw none. I suppose there are many possible reasons for this. But in the end, I’m still here and so too is that night. I hold no ill will nor do I place an iota of blame upon my family. I blame a society that remains unwilling to address sexual assault and rape. One that pays some object form of lip service to the idea of sexual crimes while working its hardest to marginalize its victims. One where the first question a college president can pose to me, regarding my own assault is, “Have you handled your drinking problem?”

My story is far from exceptional in this regard. Every two minutes there is another victim. 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail. 1 in every 6 woman in the US has been a victim of rape and 1 in 33 men. Despite this, every awful myth about rape persists. Society will continue to blame women for the clothes they wear (despite hard evidence showing no link) and continue to say, “You shouldn’t have been there” when 73% of rapes are committed by non strangers and more than 50% take place within one mile of the victims home. (4 in 10 take place at their home) Sexual crime is viewed as inconsequential unless the fabled “dark alley with a gun” assault occurs and even then, women face the eternal, “why were you there? What were you wearing?” badgering.

To hear men and women speak of our culture as some Feminazi PC nightmare is embarrassing. To act as though we are not to be held accountable for our words and language is even worse. Free speech has never nor will it ever mean immunity from criticism. Words and languages have meaning. If you don’t think what you say or how you phrase it matters, look up Frank Luntz. The next time you carelessly use the N-word or any other derogatory term, the next time you call some man a bitch or a pussy, try to think about the repercussions of casual slurs. If you’re angry about political correctness or whatever other worthless phrase you feel is necessary, ask yourself why you feel not only entitled to the usage of slurs but compelled to. Read some real freaking feminist literature and stop listening to Rush Limbaugh too. “Feminism is for Everybody” by bell hooks is a good start.

Sorry I ranted a bit, but please have someone read the last two paragraphs to whomever comes to say goodbye. I love all of you and I know this will hurt you more than anything else I could have done, but I’m tired and the water looks beautiful. Pithy a statement as it may be, “suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem” is certainly accurate. I’d take my own advice, but I stopped listening nine months and six days ago.

Mom, I’m sure you will blame yourself for any number of things, but I want you to know it is not nor was it ever your fault. If it were not for you, dad, Dan, Callan, and everyone else, I never would have lasted this long. I love you more than I will ever be able to tell you. Please go to Costa Rica. You deserve every minute of it. Besides, I hear they pack your lunch for you in heaven.

Dad, I imagine this will hit you the hardest . I want you to know that I still have that dream. Even if I’ll never get to see it. Please take care of your health. Callan will need you and so will everyone else. I love you dad. Dan, Sorry about the $300. I’d pay you back if I could. You were right about most of the things you told me and I’m sorry that you’ll have to buy a ticket down as well. Take a break please. Find some way to spend time with everyone. I love you I’m sorry.

Callan, What happened over the last week has nothing to do with this, if nothing else, it was one helluva way to end it. Please study and work, You’re every bit as capable as I ever was. You can finish what I couldn’t. Spend the time you need to, please get A’s. I always wanted to name a son after dad and if you could for me, I’d be thankful. You are by no means required or even expected to. Do what you want to. Pet the dog too, she’s very nice. I love you Callan. You’re a beautiful girl and going to be a stunning woman. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Listen to dad and write down his stories cause I never could.

Sheng, Sorry I fell out of touch dude. You’re a great guy and I’m sorry that I’ll miss the parties. Make them count for me and even if it annoys you, try to take some Women and genders study classes. Tell nick I say hey (or bye I guess) as well. I’m not drunk enough to rant about politics right now, sorry. Either way, it meant more than you will ever know that you were such a good friend to me when I got back to Amherst.

Nathan- Freshman, you’re far too nice for your own good. No one dude, should be so willing to listen and talk. Sorry that I can’t give you the full story now, but I imagine the police report is funny as hell. Keep reading and do something important. Do me a favor and tell Sara Simonsson that my fake ID came in as well. Everyone else, I’m sorry, my hand is falling off. If we were friends, remember me for at least a week or so. Please listen to what I said about sexual assault. There are millions more just like me that need help and no, someone who is drunk cannot give consent, fuckers.

Remember me however you’d like. I hope it’s a positive memory. If not, I swear to god I will haunt you. I don’t know how that works, but I figure I’ll have plenty of time to figure it out. Lead a good life, everyone. The water looks beautiful.

:roflolmao:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

whoflungpoop posted:

Reading his suicide note someone might come to the conclusion that he was raped, but nope, he literally killed himself over a rape of someone he didnt even know

So basically an SA SJW killed himself that. Too bad SJWs aren't like lemmings.

Sorry to further the derail from Exeter's granddaughter and her manipulative ways.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 2, 2015

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

lmbo white people are crazy

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

whoflungpoop posted:

what did this deceased goon mean by "my own assault"? that part might lead one to the conclusion that goon was raped

Edit: unless he meant his own assault of someone else, which would be funny, not in a haha way, just in the cosmic sense

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

whoflungpoop posted:

When I first read that post, yeah I thought they were the one that was raped, but with this clarification I'm gonna agree with

super macho dude posted:

lmbo white people are crazy

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

yeah I doubt she will serve time for it either I just don't really have a problem with a law that basically says:
"If someone you personally know is telling you they are trying to kill themselves but having second thoughts, it is illegal to encourage them to continue"

I don't really see it being a free speech thing anymore than shouting fire in a crowded theater and I think as long as the law was designed such that it didn't cover anonymous strangers telling each other to kill themselves over video games online or whatever I think it'd be reasonable.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
wait a minute, canonize that giant foreheaded white bitch

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

She just made him think he killed himself

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Khorne posted:

it may or may not fail but it's not that huge of a stretch

the MA involuntary manslaughter statue:

quote:

1) An unlawful killing that was unintentionally caused as the result of wanton or reckless conduct that a defendant engaged in; or 2) An unlawful killing that resulted during the commission of a dangerous battery by a defendant.

They have to prove that her texts are the direct cause of his death - that's why the police are highlighting the fact that he got out of the car but she told him to get back in. They will likely also have to win that it wasn't protected free speech, but it wouldn't be that outrageous to imagine this as an exception to free speech clause.

I would imagine there will likely be a conviction because what loving jury is gonna be like "not guilty" on THIS case, although she may be freed on appeal.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Unguided posted:

Whatever happened to free speech?

kill your self.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Rambling Robot posted:

kill your self.

DA's??????

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Rambling Robot posted:

kill your self.

kill you're famil

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

eat the (poison) eggs smashmouf

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

whoflungpoop posted:

hahahahahahhahahahaahhahahahaahahahahahahahah what the gently caress

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I don't want to assume but it sounds like this guy was showing signs of aggravated mental illness

What was his mugshot for?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

her facebook and twitter accts have been disabled now but lol at her last twitter post

Michelle Carter @michyc47 · Feb 2
"Kelsey on the Bachelor is one of those crazy psycho Lifetime movie murderers."

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Okay then she literally murdered him with words. That's something you don't see everyday because it's underreported and really hard to prove or investigate.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Okay then she literally murdered him with words. That's something you don't see everyday because it's underreported and really hard to prove or investigate.

but in this case the two exchanged over 1000 txts in the last 2 days of his life , also txts from her misleading and lying to others when questioned about where he was (he did it in a kmart parking lot lol)

so the evidence is there, its just there arent any laws on the books about not being an unfathomably evil oval office

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i would be pretty ashamed of my dead gay son killing himself over a girl

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I am pro-suicide.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

whoflungpoop posted:

but in this case the two exchanged over 1000 txts in the last 2 days of his life , also txts from her misleading and lying to others when questioned about where he was (he did it in a kmart parking lot lol)

so the evidence is there, its just there arent any laws on the books about not being an unfathomably evil oval office

she'll be lucky if she'll even get the friday nigh shift at kmart now.

ooops. forehead girl!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

whoflungpoop posted:

(he did it in a kmart parking lot lol)

Best place to do it if you want to make sure no one is around to stop you

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

whoflungpoop posted:

Yeah, in this case it'd be really easy to prove since the murderer is a dumbass.

I guess that big forehead is to hold all the poo poo she has for brains.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Aesop Poprock posted:

if i died the papers would just print a short fart noise

lol...same :(

:golfclap:

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 2, 2015

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

whoflungpoop posted:

“They have to go thru his phone and see if anyone encouraged him to do it on texts and stuff. . . . They read my messages with him I’m done. My family will hate me and I could go to jail.”

laffo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

whoflungpoop posted:

her facebook and twitter accts have been disabled now but lol at her last twitter post

Michelle Carter @michyc47 · Feb 2
"Kelsey on the Bachelor is one of those crazy psycho Lifetime movie murderers."

Everybody has their role models.

• Locked thread