Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

The Minnesota Supreme Court subsequently agreed to review the case. On March 19, 2014, the supreme court reversed the conviction and remanded.

your bad at reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

This dude does way more than this girl does. He actually instructs them on how to kill themselves and watches them. This girl was not present when it was happening, and didn't tell him how to get the job done. She could easily make the argument she did not know he was serious, whereas the guy who was watching could not. Also he seeked out weak people, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Ane HE STILL GOT OFF!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
K

I

L

L

U

R

S

E

L

F

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
She's the female version of a serial killer, and of course she tries to talk you to death.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

im bad at reading too, his case was remanded to a lower court which found him guilty and he went to jail

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 241 days!)

JakeP posted:

Ane HE STILL GOT OFF!!!

me two

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I said she could be prosecuted. Didn't say anything about getting a conviction.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pivotal Lever posted:

im bad at reading too, his case was remanded to a lower court which found him guilty and he went to jail

I dont see that part in the wiki, I see where it was remanded but not where a new verdict was made

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yvershek posted:

I said she could be prosecuted. Didn't say anything about getting a conviction.

She'll plea to some kind of weird harassment thing and get probation

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Pivotal Lever posted:

The Minnesota Supreme Court subsequently agreed to review the case. On March 19, 2014, the supreme court reversed the conviction and remanded.

your bad at reading

the "remanding" bit there is fairly important. i would argue that it is you who is bad at reading

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Concerned Citizen posted:

the "remanding" bit there is fairly important. i would argue that it is you who is bad at reading

kill urself

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

JakeP posted:

I dont see that part in the wiki, I see where it was remanded but not where a new verdict was made

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/william-melchert-dinkel-sentenced-to-178-days-in-jail-1.2799065

wiki needs to be updated, just like pusher girls haircut, grow some bangs bitch that forehead is unsightly

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

JakeP posted:

kill urself

the ultimate ownage would be if i killed myself and wrote a note that said "i did this for jakep of the something awful forums." then you'd be in jail and i'd be laughing from heaven (where i'd be b/c there is an "ultimate ownage" exception in the bible for suicide prohibition)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

the ultimate ownage would be if i killed myself and wrote a note that said "i did this for jakep of the something awful forums." then you'd be in jail and i'd be laughing from heaven (where i'd be b/c there is an "ultimate ownage" exception in the bible for suicide prohibition)

lol that would be super funny you should totally do it!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

JakeP posted:

lol that would be super funny you should totally do it!

don't encourage them, it's literally illegal as we've all learned today

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
that girl should be president

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
well, vice president. she then talks the president into killing himself

edit: or herself, i guess.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I didn't realize you could be arrested for taking out the trash

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I think The Boston Globe tells the story a little better: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/02/27/plainville-teen-charged-with-manslaughter-friend-suicide/WM5yHKA5IpobG2WXEWHLFM/story.html

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Volume posted:

I didn't realize you could be arrested for taking out the trash

cold as ice, brrrrrrrrr

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 241 days!)

say what you will but dr katz was p good

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

As she texted friends saying Roy was missing, he texted her “I love you btw.”

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

quote:

While the alleged behavior seems almost implausibly heartless, authorities said the phone records showed Carter as seemingly desperate for attention and sympathy, and eager to be seen as a tragic figure, authorities said. Even before Roy died, they said, she was already reaching out to friends expressing guilt that she hadn’t done enough to save him.

What a human being, probably would have been a trans later in life

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
almost definitely

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im the teen in the op

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

im the teen in the op

RIP

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
she's the frank underwood of high schoolers

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol @ kids today

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

on Sept. 10, 2014, she posted on her Twitter page: “National Suicide Awareness day, I wish more people understood. I love you and miss you everyday Conrad. Help others #WeCanEndSuicide.” She retweeted the link to a suicide prevention hotline on Sept. 21, 2014. drat thats a cold rear end honkey

Haha holy poo poo

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Enfield posted:

on Sept. 10, 2014, she posted on her Twitter page: “National Suicide Awareness day, I wish more people understood. I love you and miss you everyday Conrad. Help others #WeCanEndSuicide.” She retweeted the link to a suicide prevention hotline on Sept. 21, 2014. drat thats a cold rear end honkey

the macklemore suicides

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
didn't even wait for him to stop breathing before she starts texting ppl about his death. those veins are ice fuckin cold

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
You know her rear end was gonna write a college essay on how his suicide motivated her to promote suicide prevention and how college admission will help her pursue her dreams.

Cold. rear end. Girl. Where do I sign up? Lmao

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

MikeyLikesIt posted:

You know her rear end was gonna write a college essay on how his suicide motivated her to promote suicide prevention and how college admission will help her pursue her dreams.

Cold. rear end. Girl. Where do I sign up? Lmao

you're almost certainly right

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

thanks for the huffington post link op :thumbsup:

Not sure about Mass, but some states explicitly criminalize encouraging someone to commit suicide. A lot of these laws were enacted around the assisted suicide debate. Minnesota had a case of a guy getting convicted (although one part of the conviction was overturned) after going onto forums for people with depression and encouraging them to kill themselves while he watched on a webcam.

gently caress

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

In a text sent to a friend two months after his death, Carter said Roy had gotten out of the truck because he was scared, but she told him to get back in.

“I knew he would do it all over again the next day, and I couldn’t have him live the way he was living anymore,” she wrote. “I couldn’t do it. I wouldn’t let him.”

look if he doesn't kill himself today he'll kill himself tomorrow. better he just gets it over with

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

katlington posted:

gently caress

don't worry, as long as they didn't actually commit suicide you're probably ok.

although you'll never know for sure. it'll hang over your head for decades.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
.... cerulean blue... is a gentle breeze. . .

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Her punishment should be a really hot dude constantly pressuring her into suicide I volunteer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
she should have aimed bigger, called up the nuclear missile silos

• Locked thread