Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

March 2 Prior to 4 p.m. ET, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players

March 7 NFL Regional Combine (Lake Forest, Ill.)

March 7-10 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2014 contracts at 4 p.m. ET on March 10. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 10

March 10 Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must exercise options for 2015 on all players who have option clauses in their 2014 contracts
Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts and to whom they desire to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation
Prior to 4 p.m. ET, clubs must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2014 contracts and who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit
Top-51 Begins. All clubs must be under the 2015 salary cap prior to 4 p.m. ET
All 2014 player contracts expire at 4 p.m. ET
2015 league year and free agency period begins (4 p.m. ET)
Trading period for 2015 begins (4 p.m. ET)

March 19-21 NFL Career Development Symposium (Phoenix)

March 21-22 Super Regional Combine (Phoenix)

March 22-25 NFL Annual Meeting (Phoenix)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

News: the New England Patriots won the most recent Super Bowl.

Views: Still amazing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That butt is huge.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Seattle should have won

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Blitz7x posted:

Seattle should have won

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

why does that football player have butt implants

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why does that football player have butt implants

It's all natural muscle, forums user Nostalgia4Butts

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Seattle should have won

We may make our drive, but God has the last-second interception.

Proverbs 16:1

:thurman:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

That Seattle play made me want to kill myself

-Kurt Cobain

Nirvana Lead Singer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

davecrazy posted:

It's all natural muscle, forums user Nostalgia4Butts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

WugLyfe posted:

We may make our drive, but God has the last-second interception.

Proverbs 16:1

:thurman:

Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.

Matthew 7:6

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions are actually going to franchise Suh, the crazy bastards. I'm kind of excited to see our salary cap go up in flames. :shepface:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Speaking of the Super Bowl, to nobody's surprise Lynch is saying that he expected the ball: http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynch-yes-i-was-expecting-the-ball-1688784178

Marshawn Lynch posted:

"To be honest with you, I would be a liar if I didn't tell you that I was expecting the ball. Yes, I was expecting the ball. But after it didn't happen, like I told a reporter after the game, it's a team sport and I had no problem with the decision or the playcalling."

"I think it was more of a ... how do I say this? When you look at me, and you let me run that ball in, I'm the face of the nation. You know, the MVP of the Super Bowl, that's pretty much the face of the nation at that point in time. I don't know what went into that call. I mean, maybe it was a good thing that I didn't get the ball.

"It cost us the Super Bowl. I mean, I have full confidence in my teammates to execute that play because we've done it so many times. But would I have loved to had the ball? Yes, I would have. I would have."

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 2, 2015

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Lions are actually going to franchise Suh, the crazy bastards. I'm kind of excited to see our salary cap go up in flames. :shepface:

Wait noo

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Been absolute silence about the Giants and JPP, so either he's about to sign a ginormous contract or he's getting franchised tomorrow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

No way.

Noooo waaaay.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wouldn't Suh's cap hit be something like $35 million??

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Good. Suh is way too nice of a dude to go to Oakland

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Dat booty got some p-p-p-p-p-p-pop

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Blitz7x posted:

Seattle should have won

These words are true.

Also apparently Beast Mode gave a 30 minute interview about the superbowl idk I didn't watch it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

People act like Seattle was ripped off because of what happened at the 1 yard line but seem to forget that it took the most circus of bs of madden glitch plays for it to have gotten to that point in the first place. Basically Tom Brady threw for 4 TDs and was clutch as poo poo and that is the storyline.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TubeStank posted:

Wouldn't Suh's cap hit be something like $35 million??

It's $26 million.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

People act like Seattle was ripped off because of what happened at the 1 yard line but seem to forget that it took the most circus of bs of madden glitch plays for it to have gotten to that point in the first place. Basically Tom Brady threw for 4 TDs and was clutch as poo poo and that is the storyline.

Agreed. The discussion should be about how Brady is more clutch than Wilson who is in turn more clutch than Peyton who is more clutch than Marino.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Agreed. The discussion should be about how Brady is more clutch than Wilson who is in turn more clutch than Peyton who is more clutch than Marino.

but none are more clutch than the chosen one also known as Eli

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

but none are more clutch than the chosen one also known as Eli

Eli can only beat Brady; Wilson is undefeated against Super Bowl QBs who are not Brady.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

haha, what in the hell? Suh's gonna make enough money this year to retire to his own private country.

sweet thursday posted:

Plus the db who made the pick to win the game gave up that pass. He played it PERFECTLY and by all accounts shouldve been a hero for that great coverage, but Jermaine Kearse's only real skill so far as I can tell is coming down with statistically impossible catches.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
How about we bring Fairley back instead and don't murder the future of the team because all of the money is tied up in 3 players.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Eli can only beat Brady; Wilson is undefeated against Super Bowl QBs who are not Brady.

wilson has yet to play bullshit super saiyan playoff eli

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How about we bring Fairley back instead and don't murder the future of the team because all of the money is tied up in 3 players.

It works in basketball, why not other sports!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shiksa posted:

haha, what in the hell? Suh's gonna make enough money this year to retire to his own private country.

Lions salary cap is hosed from having too many pre-CBA rookie contracts -> Forced to redo Suh's contract pushing tons of money into the last year of his deal -> Franchise tag is a set amount OR 120% of your previous year's contract, whichever is greater -> That loving funny as hell number.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why are we even bothering to have a season this year? Just go straight to the inevitable Pats/Giants Superbowl round 3.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Obviously things will change but look at how much Matthew Stafford is supposed to get paid in 2016, go ahead, do it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Obviously things will change but look at how much Matthew Stafford is supposed to get paid in 2016, go ahead, do it.

Well once they use the tag on Suh next year too they'll have plenty of room for that totally reasonable number for Stafford

so long as the NFL is switching to 7 man NFL Street style rosters.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why are we even bothering to have a season this year? Just go straight to the inevitable Pats/Giants Superbowl round 3.
Something something dramatic tension.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Only if ODB balances a key pass on one finger.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

because joe flacco will upset the pats in the championship game and we'll have the eli v flacco super bowl to decide the rightful bullshit champion

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Nah, I'd like it if you let the Colts sign him. Thanks!

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Even if Stafford was predicted to make X, they would offer him X + 10% because he is one of the most coddled athletes in the history of modern sports. Seriously, he went to loving Highland Park and bailed on them early, then left Georgia when the money was right. He's not bad, but he has seemed to luck out on everything so far.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

im ok with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

because joe flacco will upset the pats in the championship game and we'll have the eli v flacco super bowl to decide the rightful bullshit champion

my body is ready

• Locked thread