Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Including the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Seahawks should be going hard on Andre. Doug Baldwin tweeted something about it, dude knows a guy like Johnson would open things up for him tremendously.

Every team could use a WR like Johnson, but of all the contenders in the league Seattle has to be one of the most motivated to get him.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Nothing makes you realize the futility your franchise has had at QB until you look at that list. gently caress me.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

angry enough to drop $10 but not enough to make it remotely interesting
Aw. I liked your avatar.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Your team had five solid years out of Matt Schaub. It's not nearly as bad as the Browns or Raiders.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

IllegallySober posted:

Nothing makes you realize the futility your franchise has had at QB until you look at that list. gently caress me.

:cough: Fitzgerald out side of like 2.5 years :cough:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Kalli posted:

Andre Johnson's stats: 1000 catches, 13600 yards, 64 TD's

Andre Johnson's Quarterbacks: David Carr, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone, Jake Delhomme, Sage Rosenfels, Matt Schaub, TJ Yates, Matt Leinart, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage.

gently caress it: If Andre had a good QB for the past 12 years, he'd be up there with Rice for best ever. Unironically.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

IllegallySober posted:

We can share bad QB lists, if you want.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Go to the Giants, Andre. There true success lies.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parmesan Basil posted:

You had Len Dawson bro

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If we somehow signed AJ80 I would be ecstatic, that way WR would be less of a need going into the draft and I wouldn't be quite as annoyed if we drafted Gurley like everyone seems to think we will

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SA2K posted:

You had Len Dawson bro

And Bill Kenney, he was one pick away from being the best Mr Irrelevant ever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Seahawks fans are starting to get Yankees fans syndrome. Y'all talked yourself into thinking you were getting Suh, too.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
abandon all hope and face to the despair in your heart: the cold realization he's going to the patriots

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

SA2K posted:

You had Len Dawson bro

Yeah I sure remember that joyful time

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Yeah I sure remember that joyful time

you had trent green and old man montana

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Parmesan Basil posted:

Wasn't comparing to other franchises, but let's not kid ourselves that Schaub was some QB savant during his time in Houston either.

My point wasn't whether Houston has had the worst QBs. But they certainly haven't had much in the way of good ones.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parmesan Basil posted:

See: Browns, The.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Spoeank posted:

Seahawks fans are starting to get Yankees fans syndrome. Y'all talked yourself into thinking you were getting Suh, too.

That's a pretty deliberate misreading of the conversation that went on here. It's possible for them to sign Suh to a big numbers deal, it's also exceptionally unlikely. I've yet to see anyone who thinks he'll actually land in Seattle.

AJ on the other hand is a logical match. The team wants a big target, has an open window to contend and has the room to pay him a reasonable salary.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Go to the Giants, Andre. There true success lies.

They dont need him.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm legitimately OK with him going to the Seahawks or Patriots. Part of me could see him going to Oakland and catching passes from Derek Carr for the first time since Carr was a kid. :unsmith:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

bondster posted:

:( not that I can blame him. As long as he retires a Texan I want AJ80 to get a ring.

Told a coworker this exact thing yesterday; that I felt he was going to be gone this season and that all I wanted was for him to get a ring.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Parmesan Basil posted:

Houston makes the AFC Championship game with an Alex Smith level QB

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Metapod posted:

And Rich Gannon. Steve DeBerg wasn't bad, even with one of his hands in a massive cast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--one of my favorite DeBerg memories was when he was playing with a broken finger on his throwing hand. After one handoff he was kneeling down and cringing and everyone thought something terrible happened to his finger. Turns out Christian Okoye just stepped on his foot.

Athanatos posted:

Houston makes the AFC Championship game with an Alex Smith level QB

That's not a fair comparison though, KC isn't allowed to win playoff games.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 3, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

wheez the roux posted:

there's that but i was thinking a connor halliday av. especially one from when he came out during the apple cup pregame

or this lol

I still vote for this

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ozzie is going to go after Andre if he gets cut. Then hopefully we can take old guy WR corps to the Super Bowl.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Patriots really haven't brought in any aging veterans in quite a bit, it's not really their MO anymore. They've kicked the tires on a few guys, but no big signings of guys out for a victory lap or anything. I would be very surprised if they were interested in Johnson at all.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

wheez the roux posted:

there's that but i was thinking a connor halliday av. especially one from when he came out during the apple cup pregame

or this lol

Is this the new Browns QB?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not sure what's going to be more depressing, watching AJ80 go somewhere with a good QB and destroy the world and know what could have been if we had a QB in Houston, or watching Nuk go to poo poo now that defenses don't have to account for Andre

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

I'm not sure what's going to be more depressing, watching AJ80 go somewhere with a good QB and destroy the world and know what could have been if we had a QB in Houston, or watching Nuk go to poo poo now that defenses don't have to account for Andre

Nuk was already getting double coverage this season and still got 1200 yards with Fitz throwing to him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Schwack posted:

That's a pretty deliberate misreading of the conversation that went on here. It's possible for them to sign Suh to a big numbers deal, it's also exceptionally unlikely. I've yet to see anyone who thinks he'll actually land in Seattle.

AJ on the other hand is a logical match. The team wants a big target, has an open window to contend and has the room to pay him a reasonable salary.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/ndamukong-suh-seattles-full-on-aggressive-off-season

He made spreadsheets Schwack, spreadsheets.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Whatever you do, AJ80, don't sign with some team with no QB. Go somewhere with a good QB.

Indy or GB with Andre Johnson, mah gawd.

I have no expectations of us being in that fight with all our Cap issues, but I'td be cool to see Brady chuck em' to Andre. Never happen tho.

StarcraftM fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 3, 2015

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Sour Diesel posted:

Ozzie is going to go after Andre if he gets cut. Then hopefully we can take old guy WR corps to the Super Bowl.

I'm having nightmares about this aready. Flacco to AJ? Fuuuuuuuuuck thats scary.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

That dude, Davis Hsu, has been running those spreadsheets for a few years. They're actually a really cool tool to have for fans since he can provide some interesting data WRT how they're currently spending. He runs lots of free agent possibilities through his sheets. Last year it was Melton and Allen, it's not surprising that the Suh speculation got the same treatment. It's only like 3 paragraphs in that he concedes that it is technically possible for the Seahawks to pay Suh but it's unlikely they'd be willing to throw off their cap balance.

quote:

For all the discussion we’ve had about adding a veteran presence to the receiver’s meeting room and bolstering the weapons for Russell Wilson — nobody would match the impact of Suh in Seattle. Landing him still seems so unlikely and yet so thoroughly attractive. And as Nemhauser points out in his piece on the subject — an offensive-focused draft wouldn’t be such a bad thing anyway.

Every piece I see about it ends like this, basically. Yeah, sure, Suh would be amazing with Seattle's edge players, but it's almost certainly a fantasy to think it'll ever happen. It's fun to dream though.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

StarcraftM posted:

I'm having nightmares about this aready. Flacco to AJ? Fuuuuuuuuuck thats scary.
Our AJ is better!!!

Grittybeard posted:

That's not a fair comparison though, KC isn't allowed to win playoff games.
hi

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol. At the 49ers museum covering up all Harbaugh related items.

This should make a good gag av this season.

]

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Calvin
Andre
Golden

Stafford throws for 6000 yards, 70 TDs, first round playoff exit

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kalli posted:

Andre Johnson's stats: 1000 catches, 13600 yards, 64 TD's

Andre Johnson's Quarterbacks: David Carr, Tony Banks, Dave Ragone, Jake Delhomme, Sage Rosenfels, Matt Schaub, TJ Yates, Matt Leinart, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett, Tom Savage.

i'll be damned, i had no idea jake delhomme was in houston for about a week.

A Man and his dog posted:

Lol. At the 49ers museum covering up all Harbaugh related items.

This should make a good gag av this season.

]

shoulda wrapped the head area in bandages, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Metapod posted:

During his 2 years in KC he would switch between old man average mode and Superman SB MVP. Sometimes even alternating on the same drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_WvTRlST9M

• Locked thread