Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Two months from now that will be the Barclays Premier League trophy instead.

On the bright side, this month we get to see such wonderful games as Hull vs Sunderland, Leicester vs Hull and Sunderland vs Aston Villa .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wow those are some lovely fixtures.

Congrats Chelsea on winning the league btw

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Southampton collapsing pretty swiftly. Not enough depth to keep up their early season pace.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I was really tired and slept through all the matches. How bad did Arsenal look in their 2-0 win over the incredible Everton?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Is there an online streaming/video on demand service that someone can use outside the UK to watch EPL matches? I am willing to use a VPN to make it look like I am in the UK but being able to watch streams after the live broadcast is important because I will be in Japan and the likelihood of me being up while matches are live is not great.

I know there are plenty of dodgy gambling site streams and stuff that I could try but I'd much rather use something legit if it's available.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

triple sulk posted:

I was really tired and slept through all the matches. How bad did Arsenal look in their 2-0 win over the incredible Everton?

Mediocre, but not awful. Giroud still needs a million chances before actually scoring. Rosicky should be starting more matches.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Is there an online streaming/video on demand service that someone can use outside the UK to watch EPL matches? I am willing to use a VPN to make it look like I am in the UK but being able to watch streams after the live broadcast is important because I will be in Japan and the likelihood of me being up while matches are live is not great.

I know there are plenty of dodgy gambling site streams and stuff that I could try but I'd much rather use something legit if it's available.

I use J Sports Online which streams all BPL games for 2,400 yen a month. It has a free week trial.

Games are live then on demand for a week shortly afterwards.

http://www.en.jsportslive.jp

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

hadji murad posted:

I use J Sports Online which streams all BPL games for 2,400 yen a month. It has a free week trial.

This is perfect. Thanks for the information.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

This is perfect. Thanks for the information.

premierleaguepass.com is what I use. It's an NZ site but it's pretty cheap and good quality.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Only 7 points between 2nd and 5th. City are bad and Pellegrini will be sacked if they don't win anything.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

euroboy posted:

Only 7 points between 2nd and 5th. City are bad and Pellegrini will be sacked if they don't win anything.

I wonder how much say Pellegrini has on transfers because it's pretty clear they're not buying as well as they should.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

hadji murad posted:

Never heard of this, is it HD quality?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Vinestalk posted:

Southampton collapsing pretty swiftly. Not enough depth to keep up their early season pace.

Who would have guessed that one striker is not enough for an entire season?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Starsnostars posted:

Shane Long was a good use of money then

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

How close is Rodriguez to coming back?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Guitar_Hero posted:

How close is Rodriguez to coming back?

Think they said he probably wont be back until the next season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

I wonder how much say Pellegrini has on transfers because it's pretty clear they're not buying as well as they should.

Season 14/15
Bacary Sagna Free
Fernando £12,000,000
Willy Caballero £6,000,000
Bruno Zuculini £1,500,000
Eliaquim Mangala £40,000,000
Wilfried Bony £28,000,000

Season 13/14
Jesus Navas £22,900,000
Fernandinho £30,000,000
Álvaro Negredo £20,600,000
Stevan Jovetic £25,800,000
Zacharias Faour £400,000
Martín Demichelis £3,500,000

Season 12/13
Jack Rodwell £15,000,000
Scott Sinclair £8,000,000
Matija Nastasic £12,000,000
Maicon £3,000,000
Richard Wright Free
Jave Garcia £16,000,000
Godsway Donyoh Free

Yeah, all that money really should have bought some better players than what they have.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
God knows when Rodriguez will come back, I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays for us again when Man City buys him in the summer and makes him the next Scott Sinclair.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Mangala was 40,000,000 GBP? I thought it was a slightly more reasonable 30,000,000.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thats a lot of money on a bunch of shite midfielders

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

lol the best deal there is for an ancient Demichelis. Some of those are really, really awful (early Abromovich -esque even)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

Mangala was 40,000,000 GBP? I thought it was a slightly more reasonable 30,000,000.

I just copied this from Transfermarket. I'm not sure the numbers they put down are always reliable.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ungratek posted:

lol the best deal there is for an ancient Demichelis. Some of those are really, really awful (early Abromovich -esque even)

My favorite transfer, buy the guy who was available on a free just a couple months later

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Season 12/13
Jack Rodwell £15,000,000
Scott Sinclair £8,000,000
Matija Nastasic £12,000,000
Maicon £3,000,000
Richard Wright Free
Jave Garcia £16,000,000
Godsway Donyoh Free

Yeah, all that money really should have bought some better players than what they have.

Richard Wright is the only one of these left lol

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
City have shown they don't give a poo poo about FFP so everyone realises they can gouge them for as much as they want

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I forgot they bought Maicon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sunderland have successfully appealed Wes Browns red card

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

I forgot they bought Maicon.

I didn't know they bought you.

E: Sorry, misread in Spanish.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Jose posted:

Sunderland have successfully appealed Wes Browns red card

Didn't the ref say it was not a case of mistaken identity and if so, how could the FA overturn it (not that they shouldn't)? At least they're consistent in being inconsistent.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

loving shaking about the Adam Johnson thing.

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

Brony Car posted:

I feel every year Porto sells some player for a crazy amount.

2011 - Falcao for 40M
2012 - Hulk for 40M
2013 - Hames for 45M
2014 - Mangala for 40M

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

PreMoo posted:

I feel every year Porto sells some player for a crazy amount.

2011 - Falcao for 40M
2012 - Hulk for 40M
2013 - Hames for 45M
2014 - Mangala for 40M

Don't they have to since the majority of their players are owned by like 4 people so the club gets peanuts unless its some ludicrous figure?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Fat Lowtax posted:

loving shaking about the Adam Johnson thing.

The headline said England star though?

For those that haven't seen it yet;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/england-football-star-arrested-suspicion-5260072

quote:

A footballer who has played for the England team was today arrested on suspicion of sex with a 14-year-old girl, it has been reported.

Police also found a loaded firearm at the player's mansion, but it is understood to be legal, it was said.

Three cop cars with plain clothes officers and a van drove into the property around 9am today.

Forensics officers also arrived as part of the probe. Officers were seen searching a garage on the property.

A neighbour told The Sun: "You could tell they were police officers, they were all dressed in black.

"I haven’t seen the player all day. I just assumed there had been a burglary."

A source said: “He has been arrested over claims he has had a relationship with a girl aged 14.”

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 2, 2015

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Big Jozy knew, he had to get out of there asap

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Big Jozy knew, he had to get out of there asap

Suspicious.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

The headline said England star though?

For those that haven't seen it yet;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/england-football-star-arrested-suspicion-5260072

Its confirmed everywhere now it is Adam Johnson. Guess that's Sunderland down a man.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Miles Jedinak has been charged by the FA for his elbow.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Adam Johnson has a gun???

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Adam Johnson has a gun???

Maybe he was just holding it for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
England's Franck Ribery.

• Locked thread