Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

ParanoidLogician posted:

Well I'm now all caught up with the thread. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed I didn't hear a word about this game coming out way back when. Although, judging from what I've seen so far, it looks a little too mini-game heavy for my tastes. Of course, I'd probably enjoy it just the same like the GBC game and Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

Anyway, I can't say the whole "Shaved Ice is an ingredient" really caught me off guard... considering I played Heartbreak and all. Then again, I think that's more because there's nothing in my head that really tells me to stop and think unless something overly exceptionally bizarre happens. Also, speaking of ingredients, has anyone been getting a Toriko vibe from this plot? I mean granted you aren't collecting these things to make some awesome meal, but a rainbow instead. It's probably just me though.

And I have to admit... I'm kind of tempted to switch my avatar from Majin Regal to The Ham With No Name.

The format I've chosen doesn't really convey this so well, but a lot of these minigames take all of 4-10 seconds when you do them successfully, and the majority are actually optional. There are a few that take a while, but they're not very common.

I hadn't heard of Toriko before, but now I know where that blue-haired dude is from, so that's good. :toot: And if anyone wants to claim that .gif as an avatar, they're more than welcome. In fact, I still have all the footage from early Flower Ranch onwards. (It's 26.4 GB so far.) If anyone wants a transparent .gif of anything, ask and I'll see what I can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!

Yapping Eevee posted:

The format I've chosen doesn't really convey this so well, but a lot of these minigames take all of 4-10 seconds when you do them successfully, and the majority are actually optional. There are a few that take a while, but they're not very common.

I hadn't heard of Toriko before, but now I know where that blue-haired dude is from, so that's good. :toot:

Really? Huh, well that definitely clears that up. Also, that blue haired dude IS Toriko. The series is basically Fist of the North Star meets Iron Chef and I'd really recommend reading it to anyone (never watch it though, the anime was toned down a lot compared to the manga).

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
But you don't get to hear Tough Boy.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

But you don't get to hear Tough Boy.

I was talking more about Toriko. Its anime adaptation is toned down a bit too much (IE: during Toriko's fight with Tommyrod, Tommyrod EATS HIS ARM OFF in the manga. In the anime, he just hits it enough with his boiled insect egg gun move until it completely destroys Toriko's arm.) And yet... it's opening themes are great and for some reason the dub from what little I've seen is pretty solid.

As for Fist of the North Star, anyone should watch or read it. It doesn't matter how you do it, just experience it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Update 11: A seashore study on safety.

The festival did turn out quite well, despite a couple of little mishaps along the way. Certainly a fun little change of pace.

Exactly, Panda!

I’ve gotta say the best part was easily the Taiko drumming! I mean, all the hamsters came there just to watch me play the drums!

Sabu was really talking about Hamtaro, not Boss!

Some parts of these ingredient-adding scenes may all run together, but I’ll never get tired of Bo disrespecting Boss. :mmmhmm: Especially since Boss makes most of it up…

OK, then! Let’s go ahead and make a rainbow color!

Of course, you all know the drill by now.

Eh heh heh… heh… :sweatdrop: Although in that case, it kind of makes me wonder if this spell is endo- or exothermic. How much does rainbow magic follow the laws of science? :crossarms:

OK! We’re doing so well! Let’s go find the other colors!

At any rate, we had some fun at Tip-Top Fair, but it’s time to get back to the search!

-------

We are here to talk about the remaining ingredients. And so, Bo, if you would fill us in.

Thanks to everyone, there are just two ingredients left! And those are indigo and violet.

I have a question! What exactly does indigo look like?

Indigo is a color that’s perfect with each and every other color!

And just why is that, Howdy?

<beat>

Dowa ha ha! Oh, ha ha! That was hilarious! Mighty hilarious!

That was a Geop-level pun. :cripes: What a punster…

Can we continue with the meeting?

Put simply, it’s like a darker version of blue.

It’s like the color of the ocean!

The color of the ocean is a very pretty indigo!

All we need to do is get water from the ocean! Easy as seeds!

Uh… First of all, what’s with that animation? Second of all…

But…

Oh, the Ham-Hams already partied up. Guess we’re going to the seaside!

Going to an aquarium generally benefits from being awake, Snoozer. As for Hamstarr’s Horoscopes, he actually offered up the exact same one as before the festival, so we’ll give that a miss this time around.

I’d say to pack your bathers, but we all know the Ham-Hams don’t swim. :v:

So we just go get some ocean water and go home, right?

If we go straight ahead, we should find the ocean.

Let’s go right now!

Hmm, something seems slightly off here. Oh well, let’s chat up the nearest hamster.

What are you doing, mister?

The beach has gotten so dirty. If someone would get together and help clean up…

How did it become so dirty?

Mm… When visitors come here, they don’t clean up their garbage.

Then let’s all clean up together!

I’m all for it!♪

Ookwee! Ookwee!!

It’s settled! Let’s help get rid of all the garbage…

Ho ho ho. You’re all good kids. And all good kids get rewarded for doing good things. However, make sure that you don’t drop any garbage along the way. The waves will pick it up and make the beach even more dirty.

This has been a public service announcement. Thank you all for reading. (:v:)

All right! Let’s throw it away!

As you can see, the garbage scattered around consists of a collection of crumpled cans. Might as well clear up a bit of room to move while we’re here.

There’s also this little dilemma to take care of. :(

Ookwee!

It looks like it’s in trouble.

Maybe it can’t get up because it’s flipped on its back?

I’m sure that’s it! It looks like it’s in pain.

OK! Then leave it to me! I’ll save the turtle!

:toot: Since Boss is a pretty strong Ham-Ham, it’s not too hard to keep the meter in the right place even if you have exceptionally poor timing like mine.

There’s not much to be seen on the screen behind the toppled turtle, unless you want to pull up Carrobo for some sticker roulette. (Really, why would he try and hide at the beach?)

Heading further down the beach leads to another three cans, and a second struggling turtle.

I, uh… I may not have had my priorities in order. :sweatdrop:

Still, at least we got ‘Sleep Tight’ for our good deed. Hamtaro looks so tired. :3:

Let’s help it!

Possibly from taking a turn at flipping turtles! It seems that Hamtaro is close to as strong as Boss is, if this minigame is to be believed.

We just need to get some of the water!

Huh?

This water isn’t colored!

Heke?

But look! The water all the way over there is indigo, right?

If we get water from somewhere else, will it be colored?

Maybe. Let’s try looking in a different area!

Well, I suppose we might as well keep looking around. And there seem to be some more hamsters right beside us, so let’s get chatting.

...Wait a second. I recognise that earring.

You’re…

And the rest of the Ham-Hams.

What are you doing in a place like this?

Well, just when I thought I was really gonna do some surfin’... my board totally floated out to sea. Now I can’t find it. And so I’m havin’ my friends help me find the darn thing.

I know! We’ll look for it with you!

Duuude! I’d be so totally grateful!

Dudes, I’m totally counting on you!

Of course we’d find our old pal Broski at the beach! He may not have been of much use back in Ham-Ham Heartbreak, but that doesn’t mean we can’t help him out. And speaking of helping things out…

OK! I’m gonna come to the rescue again!

I can do it, too!

Hold up, everyone.

?

Have you forgotten?

Mm? Are we forgetting something?

What could it be?

Who cares? We need to help the turtle.

Umm, ladies… there just happens to be another strong Ham-Ham in your presence…

...Ice cold, Pashmina.

Though she’s not exactly wrong, because Stan’s meter depletes way faster than Boss or Hamtaro’s. For someone with less-than-perfect mashing skills like myself, you have to get the meter to stop just about at the top.

Like so. I’m not gonna lie… This one actually took over a dozen tries due to poor timing on my part.

I’m tired.

Well, perhaps you shouldn’t have been so eager to show off.

But...why were they all upside down?

Looks like they were flipped over by the nasty hermit crab.

If we don’t cross by the hermit crab’s place, we’re stuck.

Hmm. We have to find a way to cross!

In case you were wondering, this is the nasty hermit crab they’re talking about. Only after righting all three turtles can we challenge this crusty crustacean for safe passage down the beach!

There’s a slight wrinkle to this one, however. It functions like the lily pad games where we had to dodge frogs, but…

Hamtaro doesn’t stop! There has to be an opening for him to run all the way through, or you’ll fail. The crabs are incredibly uncooperative, to the point where the earliest reliable opening I’ve found…

...is when the timer’s half way drained. There’s no time bonus though, so it’s just a bit of waiting.

At least the sticker we get for this game is somewhat appropriate.

With an opening found in their defences, the hermit crabs disappear and let us continue unassailed.

This screen is pointless, though it does allow me to point out that the seeds around here are all in very small quantities. Not sure if that’s a matter of luck, or intentional design.

All the same model, too. :ssh:

Who are you?

Hey, hamha. I was just fishing here. I like boats, so I hop in my boat and go fishing all the time.

Cruising in your boat? I’m so jealous!

What is it?

I...I...I’d like to give you a boat as a p...p-p-p…

A p-p-p…?

Hey, you guys also want a boat? Well, if you have a big board, I’d be able to make one!

A big board… Just you wait, Bijou! I’ll find a big board somewhere on the beach!

Sounds like fun! Let’s follow him!

We had better make sure he doesn’t get into any trouble trying to impress Bijou, yeah.

Also, these sailors are blocking the way forward anyway.

As we try to go back, we get a cutaway to the waves washing something else onto shore.

And of course…

Hey, Hamtaro!

Don’t you think this would make a nice boat?

But Boss! It’s too small! It would only fit one Ham-Ham.

Huh? There’s a name written on it.

Let’s see… Bros...ki? … Broski?!

This has to be the surfboard Broski was looking for!

You know what, readers?

He just might be right. :ssh: Nice nod to continuity there! (We’re seeing the other side of the board right now, which is why the stripe goes the other way.)

Boss found the surfboard!

Totally thanks, Boss! Now the girlies at the beach will think I’m wayyyyyy cool!

We need to look for stuff for our boat.

Mm? What, dude? You are looking for boat materials?

That’s right!

Dude, a huge board totally drifted that way. You better go check it out. See ya!

Later, bros. Totally. :rolleyes:

Broski was right!

We should be able to make a boat now!

OK! Let’s carry it!

Alright, let’s get this back to the hamster with shades and see what he can make out of it.

OK! I’ll give you this mast! Let’s make it now!

...Well, at least the price was right.

It’s done!

Mmmm! Ain’t she a beauty? Well, I’m off to fish the world with a good buddy!

He’s gone.

Seemed like a pretty cool guy, all told. Though I think he might have the better boat.

With this… With me…

If you’re not gonna use it, I’ll take the girls with me!

Haha, wow. Boss is gonna be pissed. :allears:

I like it!

But...I’m sure Boss is pretty angry.

Are you sure?

Yes, I’m sure! Anyway, let’s just enjoy the boat for now! OK! I’m gonna go faster!

Aw yeah, time for more Mode 7 goodness! :krakentoot: There’s a whole bunch of candy out here, but you have to balance collecting it with grabbing the heart-shaped buoys, because those grant you more time on the clock. Miss too many hearts, and you won’t make it to the end of the course. There’s a video of it here, though you could be a lot less cautious than I was with this minigame.

Rrrrr! STAN!

Huh? Oh no, something’s gone wrong, hasn’t it? :ohdear:

:stonk: Something’s gone very wrong indeed!

Eeek!

Big Brother!

B...Bijou!

This is terrible! Bijou and the others will be swallowed up by that whirlpool!

Broski must know what to do!

All right! Let’s go see Broski and ask him for help!

Yeah, about that…

It’s terrible! Bijou, Pashmina and Stan are drowning! We need you to help us out!

Huh?! But...uuh...I’m a...shoresurfer...so I...can’t swim.

What?!

Hamtaro should really know this from his last encounter with Broski, but there’s also what he said earlier.

quote:

Well, just when I thought I was really gonna do some surfin’...

While it could be interpreted otherwise, I’d say Broski meant surfing for the very first time! I’m afraid that Broski is once again unable to help someone at risk of drowning.

The turtle said it would take us to Bijou to repay us for helping them earlier!

Great! Thank you, turtle!

Hang on, guys! We’re coming to save you!

Time for some Super Shell Surfing! :c00l:

Take ‘Raft Race’ and add in a few balloons you have to jump up for, and you’ve got this minigame. Fortunately, Hamtaro can’t miss landing on the turtle again. There’s another video, because I think these minigames are pretty nifty.

Hamtaro!

I was so scared!

Hamtaro, thank you.

I’m glad you’re OK! But don’t thank me. Thank the turtles!

That’s right.

Oh? It’s saying something.

It’s saying that they’ll be around. If we want another ride, we can just call them!

I understand. See you next time.

Because of what you did… everyone almost drowned!

I’m...sorry.

Just so long as you learned your lesson! Now don’t do such stupid and dangerous things anymore!

OK, Little Sis.

Well, Sandy was mighty quick to forgive her brother on that one.

Ookwee!

I’m glad everyone is safe.♪

OK! Got ya! I’m on my way right now!

All right! Let’s get goin’!

Ookwee!

OK.

Alright, let’s hurry on over there!

You can’t go over there.

But Bijou is waiting! We don’t have a choice! Let’s go, Oxnard! Penelope!

:stare: Wow, go Boss. Trying to tightrope walk with such an unbalanced load can’t be easy! And there’s even a couple of bees to harass Oxnard and Penelope as they get swung about violently over a drowning hazard.

You’ll have to find a board and use it to get across.

After we cross over to the boat, we have to set up a few bridges to reach the pier. It doesn’t seem to serve much of a point.

Hmm, a storehouse you say? Sounds like somewhere we should poke around.

...Or not. I suppose we are supposed to be in a hurry anyway.

:psyduck: Let’s just head up north like we’re supposed to.

Looks like there’s an aquarium nearby.

Well, we don’t have time for that right now!

Quite right! Besides, the game wouldn’t let us do anything there if we tried…

Ookwee.

Yes! Yes, I’m fine, Penelope.

I’m really sorry, everyone.

Boy am I glad that everyone is OK.

We didn’t have time for that.

That’s true.

Hmm? Why has the turtle returned?

Thank you very much!♪

Huh?

What is it, Hamtaro?

It looks like the turtle will take us to the other side! Now we can get water from the other side!

...Other side of what? Is it gonna kill us? :ohdear:

Bijou, what’s wrong?

You too, Pashmina?

Can’t really blame them, can you?

What do you mean?

Someone’s eager to head right back into danger, though.

How about if just the guys left?

We can’t let something bad happen to the girls!

OK! I’ll go, too!

Then we’re going!

And with that, the boys depart in search of the elusive indigo water. See you all next time, folks!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Man, gently caress you, Howdy.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Heading further down the beach leads to another three cans, and a second struggling turtle.

I, uh… I may not have had my priorities in order. :sweatdrop:

You're not helping. Why is that, Yapping Eevee?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Seawater. But not this weird colorless seawater that's right here. The indigo seawater over there.

Hokay then!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Those hermit crabs are scary if they can knock over turtles.

Leavemywife posted:

Man, gently caress you, Howdy.
Does Howdy have a bunch of different fans for the games?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Picayune posted:

Seawater. But not this weird colorless seawater that's right here. The indigo seawater over there.

Hokay then!

It seems like Maxwell got tired of that bullshit after about three seconds and went to look for some indigo elsewhere. Maybe he's actually going to get the plant from a display at the aquarium.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Umm, ladies… there just happens to be another strong Ham-Ham in your presence…

...Ice cold, Pashmina.

This made me laugh much more than I thought it would have. Probably my favorite moment in today's update.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Even when being incomprehensible (really? Indigo water? That's what we're going with?) it still continues to be adorable :3:
Though I can't say I expected much in terms of humor in the game - it's more adorable than funny - this...

quote:

...just hurts.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Update 12: Hams gone wild.

What should we do?

Ookwee.

What is it, Penelope? What? You saw a sign that said something about an aquarium?

An aquarium!

Bijou, do you know what that is?

I heard that there are all kinds of fish swimming, and it’s a really pretty place.

Really?

Why don’t we all go?

I’m all for it!

Ookwee! Ookwee!!

So, since the boys are off on a pointless quest to find indigo seawater, we’re going to be spending some time with just the Ham-Ham ladies today! (Yes, it is indeed pointless. The game may have had shaved ice as an ingredient, but it isn’t quite that silly. Glazius gets points for having more faith in the game than the rest of you. :cheeky:)

There’s now a minigame on the pier, but we never ended up getting the fishing pole back in Sunny Peak. There’s actually a few things like that which we could go and do in the old areas, but I’m saving that stuff for later. :ssh: Even if we did have it, Hamtaro’s the one who plays this game.

We can’t actually examine the sign like Sandy suggested, so let’s just head on in and check the place out.

Hey, I think we found where all the NPCs for the area are. Guess this is a pretty popular place!

What are you doing?

I’m putting my heart and soul into this canvas called a wall!

In other words, you’re painting a picture.

That’s right! It’s almost done, so come back later and see it!

We will!♪

The jellyfish look pretty adorable already, Bob Ross-ham. :3:

This place is so relaxing, right?

Right.

It seems like a pretty chill place so far, but we’ve only just arrived. Hopefully the fish are cool too.

This hamster does toss a ball back and forth, but it takes quite a while for the animation to loop.

Mainly because he’s conducting the lesson by throwing the ball all the way over the top of this gate.

...Did he say indigo?

in this aquarium, right?

That’s right.

I sure did!

The indigo ingredient is in this aquarium!

Ookwee!

Hmm? What is it, Penelo-

...Oh. :ohdear:

Oh, Penelope…

Well then, you’ll need to open the fence.

But how?

There’s a switch on top of the fence. All you’ve got to do is press it.

On top...of the...fence…

Well, that didn’t take too long. We know where a proper ingredient should be, and it’s time for our first minigame!

Fence Climb is basically the same as Boss’ minigame from back in Ticky-Ticky Park, except that Bijou doesn’t have anything to knock balls aside with. Speaking of which, how many of those is Salia throwing?

Still, it’s easily done. Oh, and also there’s this.

That’s great, Bijou!

Now, I’ll open it.

Alright, let’s get back to poking around and seeing where this seashell is.

You must be Salia. A relative of Snoozer’s, perhaps?

The hole just below Salia is the store for Sparkle Coast, which means…

We can add ‘The Girls’ to our collection of colouring-in pictures. :toot:

Aside from this five-star sticker we’re going to need Boss to get, the only other thing of interest is that blue pipe in the background.

Penelope must have gone through here… Hopefully she hasn’t gotten far.

Well, we’ve definitely left the part the humans are supposed to visit. Pretty dark in here, too.

What are you doing?

The lights went out, so I came to turn them on. Are you going in?

Penelope may have gone in already.

Is Penelope a friend of yours?

Yes.

I see… Well then, I guess you can go in, too. But can you turn on the lights for me?

The...lights?

Yes. There should be a switch up one of the pipes. I appreciate it!

Flick a switch, got it. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Only two choices, but let’s try the other scientist first.

Ahh! It’s dark, and I can’t see. There should be a pipe over here that I can climb.

How illuminating. (:rimshot:)

... It won’t budge!

Maybe this switch can only turn the lights off!

Then, I wonder if there’s another light switch.

Why would someone build two light switches, one to turn them off and the other to turn them on? :psyduck:

We must want to be up here by this tank instead.

Be careful! I don’t want you to fall in.

Huh?

Ah?!

I just saw Penelope over there!

Huh? Where?!

See! Over there! It’s so dark, and she’s all alone… She must be so lonely!

I know! Let’s have the jellyfish in the tank help us!

That sounds… unwise.

And yet, that’s exactly what Pashmina is going to do. It’s very similar to Teeter-Beaker back in Clover Elementary, except that the jellyfish sink if you stand on the same one for too long.

...Wow, that switch animation is speedy.

That’s a 0.2 second loop, by the way.

There’s only one way to go still, so let’s head down to the bottom again.

Heading back to the left brings us to a ladder spot we are way too short on Ham-Hams for, and…

Well, nothing aside from this extra little bit of dialogue. We should probably just go to the right.

Thanks! You’ve helped us.

Did Penelope come running this way?

Penelope? You mean the short, little, yellow Ham-Ham? If that’s who you mean, she just ran back there.

Not so much yellow as wearing a yellow blanket, but yes.

Really?!

Let’s go over there! Thank you so much.

Oh, if you’re going back there, take this.

No, it’s an airplane. :rolleyes:

Yep. If you run into any problems, all you have to do is show the letter.

Thank you!

Well then, be careful.

...The item descriptions in this game could not be less helpful.

Speaking of things that aren’t helpful… There’s going to be plenty to investigate when I revisit this area for the flyer and such. For now, we’ll just keep heading to the right.

Why?

As you can see, there’s a rather large gap.

Hmm, that is pretty wide. Sandy could probably clear it with some sweet gymnastics, though.

How can we get to the other side?

It’s designed so that when the hamster in charge turns the handle, the path is completed.

What if the hamster in charge isn’t here to turn the handle?

There’s only one other way that I know. See that hole over there?

If you get in the hole, you’ll enter the tank. From there, get in the bubble to move yourself forward!

Sounds like fun!

When you mean bubble, you don’t mean…

Okay, sure. The game says to press A to float up and B to float down, but it’s actually adjusting your speed rather than having to mash a button. Just click A once, or you’re going to rocket up into a seahorse. That means you only have to tap B once to brake, too.

Well, just look how cute you are! I never thought such a cute girl would climb this tank.

I need to get to the other side and connect the pipe.

I see. Well then, you’re not quite there yet.

What do you mean?

Apparently Bijou’s decided to make up for her lack of minigames by having two in a row!

There’s a constant downward momentum to this one since we have to contend with gravity, but Bijou can slow her descent fairly quickly to avoid those steam vents. Still, bet she didn’t expect to go parachuting today.

Once we reach the bottom again, it’s just a matter of walking over to the valve we need to turn.

And it was fun, too!

If you turn that wheel right there, you’ll connect the pipes.

OK! I got it!

Pictured: Something not intended to be done with the arrow keys of a keyboard. It also takes a fair while… Probably about thirty seconds if you were doing it well.

Some time later…

Thanks! Let’s keep going!

East is where we landed after the parachuting, so the only way is south.

I’m glad you’re OK, Penelope. But from now on, don’t go running off by yourself, OK?

Ookwee…

Ookwee!

What is it, Penelope?

Ha ha! For a while there, she was complaining! About what? About wanting to ride in the cups.

These cups take you down below. However, if you go down, you can’t get back up.

If we go down, we can’t get back up?

If you keep going to the right, you’ll go outside. But these cups are only for the hamsters running the aquarium.

That means it’s impossible to get down from here! Huh… How are we going to find the indigo seashell?

Ookwee?!

Yes, but I really can’t let you ride the cups.

Man, you’re a bit of a buzzkill, aren’t you?

:krakentoot: That’s more like it, bud.

The cups themselves aren’t too exciting, but I like their colour scheme. :)

...That’s just rude. Anyway, to the right!

Hey, some non-jelly fish at last! This must be where…

Ookwee?

Ah!

It’s really pretty.

Ah, now this is a much more suitable ingredient. Quite fancy-looking, too.

But...as long as it’s in the water, we can’t get to it.

...Hmm. Pashmina raises a good point. How do we get it out of the tank?

Oh, right. The one hamster that can swim could just fetch it out of the tank by coincidence, sure.

Let’s go ask him if we can have it. And why he and Barette moved their photo studio out of the clubhouse.

Just hop over here, and…

Hmm? He can’t have gone far.

What’s wrong, Penelope?

Did you hear something?

What?

What’s wrong?

My...my leg! It’s cramping BAD! Glug, glug…

Oh, no! What should we do?! We’ve got to help!

Ah!

But how can we get it to him?

Leave it to me!

Great choice of minigame name there. :allears:

It is indeed just like the ringtoss game Pashmina played back at the festival, only with someone’s life at stake.

You’re welcome.

I need to repay you. Just name it, and I’ll help!

There is one thing… We’re looking for an indigo seashell.

Ohhh! You mean that seashell? Ah! I just dropped it! Don’t worry. I’ll pick it up for you!

...’Mmmmmph’? Did you cram it in your mouth?

No, I’m the one who should be thanking you.

Let’s take this to Bo right away!♪

OK! Great!

I’d better get going. I’ll be around here. Call me if you need anything.

Take care, Seamore. Say hi to Barette for us!

Alright, the rest of this should be a cakewalk. Just need to head north, and…

How are we supposed to get to the other side?

Suddenly, penguin-hamster out of nowhere! (He leaps up from below.)

I’m Tux. You all want to get to the other side?

Yes. Can we cross here?

Of course! Just watch!

It’s used when giving the fish their food. Get on the glass to go across and reach the other side.

OK! Got it!

If you’re worried, I’ll show you the way. If you follow me, everything will be fine! Just follow me!

So, Tux is going to lead us across the tank bit by bit, the floor constantly fading in and out every few seconds.

He’s being a little bit too hand-holdy if you ask me, but he’s a cool dude. I’ll spare you most of his dialogue though.

Oh, that’s not a very good shot. Let’s take a clearer look at this sticker by showing off the collection page.

Alright, so the collection page allows you see all the stickers you’ve picked up, their rarity and where you found them. The latter bits of information are also shown on stickers you don’t have, which means you know where to find them and how (based on rarity)… but it also will spoil the names of areas we haven’t been to yet!

Oh, and see the ‘Dream World’ and ‘Holiday’ text on these entries? Every sticker has a mat associated with it, which are only sold in stores. Cover a mat with one of each sticker it’s grouped with, and you get a special ‘Complete Medal’ sticker. There are even three mats for all the complete medals to go onto, because 451 is a lot of stickers.

Seriously, there are 33 of these mats. You need to find all the stores and their flyers to get all of them, of course.

Anyway, let’s pick things up after the little maze. And for the curious, falling off the glass walkway just means starting the room over.

Thank you so much.

Let’s play again!

Is again some kind of Linux game? :downsrim:

From here, you can go outside using the pipe-slide.

Slide?

Ookwee?

Yes, if you go...well, let’s just say you’ll know. You’ll find that you get out instantly.

By “you’ll know”, he means “I’ll yell at you if you try to slide down any pipe except this middle one”.

Slide time!

It scared me, too, but it was also fun!

That’s right!

Ookwee!

Oh! It’s Hamtaro!

Presented: Strong evidence Boss hasn’t got a snowball’s chance in hell with Bijou.

Not good at all. The ocean water was clear no matter how far we went.

What were you guys doing, Bijou?

I know! I know! You were all digging for seashells!

Seashells?! If I knew I’d be this tired, I’d have gone with the girls!

They’re wrong, right, Penelope?

We weren’t looking for seashells. We were looking for the indigo ingredient at the aquarium.

Aquarium?

That’s right. We went and saw lots of fish.

It’s a pretty seashell.

Hamtaro, this is indigo.

Heke?

Then, all we’ve gotta do is show this to Bo?

You did great, girls!

We did it, Bijou!

Ookwee!

Yes, it was definitely worth all the effort. Girls can do anything if they try!

And with a dose of good old-fashioned girl power, our rainbow of ingredients is almost complete! :toot:

That’s right! Let’s get back to the Clubhouse!

Alright, time to cut back to the Ham-Ham Lawn!

-------

How was the ocean? I’m jealous. I wanted to go, too.

Sorry, Panda. We’ve got a party size of eight to work around here.

I’ve often been called a man of the sea.

Yeah, a sea monster!

:iceburn:

One more left! We’re almost there!

OK, then! Let’s go ahead and make a rainbow color!

We have one more ingredient left! Let’s keep going!

And with our time having fun in the sun at an end, it’s time to move on to the final ingredient… and to our most mysterious location yet!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Violet...I wonder what we'll find for a violet ingredient.

Perhaps it's something we already have with us...

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Color trivia of the day: The color spectrum often has seven colors because Sir Issac Newton was one of the first and most prestigious scientists to use a prism to split a light beam. He had his own wacky interpretation of Christianity and decided that Christian mysticism of his own invention dictated there were exactly seven colors in a sunbeam.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Not only that, but the indigo he defined is what we would call blue. With 'blue' being blue-green. I hadn't heard of that reasoning for why he chose seven colors, though.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Kgummy posted:

Not only that, but the indigo he defined is what we would call blue. With 'blue' being blue-green. I hadn't heard of that reasoning for why he chose seven colors, though.

Because do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti

seriously

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Yapping Eevee posted:

I’ve often been called a man of the sea.

Yeah, a sea monster!

:iceburn:
Now I kinda want to hear him sing.

Kgummy posted:

Huh. Never knew that. A lot of cultures don't really differentiate blue and green, IIRC.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
So we've just got violet/purple left to find, right? I'm gonna put my money on them trying to steal a piece of the twilight sky.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if they actually wound up getting Indigo seawater instead of the indigo shell. I've learned a lot from Ham-Ham Heartbreak... or maybe it's just done something to how I perceive things in regards to what occurs in a Hamtaro game. I don't know really.

Also is it just me or this turning turning out to be a really short game? I mean in just 12 updates six of the seven ingredients have been obtained. Although maybe I'm just thinking about it too much.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Added Space posted:

Color trivia of the day:

That's a pretty interesting bit of trivia! Thanks for sharing it. :)

ParanoidLogician posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if they actually wound up getting Indigo seawater instead of the indigo shell. I've learned a lot from Ham-Ham Heartbreak... or maybe it's just done something to how I perceive things in regards to what occurs in a Hamtaro game. I don't know really.

Also is it just me or this turning turning out to be a really short game? I mean in just 12 updates six of the seven ingredients have been obtained. Although maybe I'm just thinking about it too much.

Well, when Heartbreak had us meeting a Tarzan-like hamster, riding minecarts, fighting ghosts with a stick and ultimately facing off against a giant robot shaped like the villain's head... I think you could be excused for thinking things might get a little bit strange.

And I did mention at the start of this update that there's more to go back and do in the areas we've visited, so don't worry. Even if we'll have all seven ingredients soon, the LP is far from over. :toot:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Update 13: Pun Level - Red

Oxnard’s predictions usually come true! Right, Penelope?

Ookwee!

If it’s OK, how about I predict your future, Hamtaro?

Bleah! I don’t believe in any of this!

Playing outside is much more fun! Right, Howdy?!

That said, I’ve got things I need to do. See y’all later.

Hmm… Curious.

And with that, most of the guys file out, leaving Oxnard and the girls to their fortune-telling.

-------

They did what?!

Let’s try hard, Penelope!

Ookwee!

That’s what they said.

We didn’t exactly do a great job at the beach, did we?

No way! I can’t let it end with me looking bad! Oxnard, where did Bijou and the girls go?

Hamstarr Manor, a mansion that just opened recently. I predicted that the last ingredient is there somewhere.

Alright, it’s time for this game’s manor! I guess people must have liked exploring Boo Manor in Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

Also, even with Howdy and the girls absent, we have exactly enough Ham-Hams left over for a full party. How convenient!

Enough Ham-Hams that actually move, that is. Well, since we’re going to see his house, might as well get one more fortune from Hamstarr himself.

Difficult homework is in your future. Don’t wait. It might be really tough. Check it over before you start.
The second luckiest one for today is...Sagittarius. Get your friends to trade cards with you. You might get a sticker for it.♪
The luckiest one for today is...Aquarius. You’ll make progress on your homework. Get ahead of everyone today!
Today will not be very good for...Gemini. You could end up wasting your money. A bag with a pocket is your lucky item.

Well, let’s go find the girls!

...Hamstarr is clearly eccentric. Guess being a fortune teller on TV earns him a lot of seeds!

Pretty swanky lobby he’s got here. And who’s this mustachioed gentleham?

The shifting stars are a nice touch, too.

What are you sayin’? I’m mighty certain you haven’t seen me before!

Something’s fishy here. Are you perhaps…

Then I’ll prove I really am a fortune-teller!

Yee haw! I see that what you are lookin’ for is behind that door. A prediction can come true or not. Well, I’m goin’ now.

...That was interesting. Let’s see if the mysterious fortune-teller’s prediction comes true!

Boy am I glad you’re safe. We were all worried about you.

But I’m not goin’ to hand over the girls!

That voice…

Heh heh! The fortune-teller was only a disguise!

I’ll tell puns, and we’ll “ketchup” on the day’s events...forever!

Gasp! What kind of vile fiend would do such a thing?

Hamtaro!

Bijou!

I won’t let you get away with this!

Man, this Red Punster sure is “hamming” it up. :mmmhmm:

And apparently he escaped into the void of space…

Ah, it’s the owner of the manor! The mighty and mystical one himself…

It’s Hamstarr!

Umm…

Do you mind? I’m meditating… Hammmm hmmmm.

Have you seen Red Punster?

... If you can answer my questions, I’ll tell you.

Hamstarr’s questions form a simple memory game, going up from one gem to four. They’re all distinct enough that you shouldn’t have much trouble remembering the sequence.

That’s a very familiar looking lamp…

When you’ve overcome your problems, you’ll find what you are looking for.

Well, that was suitably vague. Let’s just keep going and catch up with that dastardly villain!

Now, I’m about to .gif the begeezus out of this scene, but here it is in video form as well.

Ah! You’re…

You know, this somehow feels a little bit familiar.

So, yeah… That… That was a thing that happened.

And it was amazing.

Okay, what fresh new madness is this?

Hello and welcome. It’s time for a pop quiz! Tonight, we have a special for you! It’s a match between the Ham-Hams and the Puntaros! Let’s check in with the Ham-Hams and see if they’re ready!

Is this going to be one of those pop quizzes where we have to pick the right dresser again?

Nope, turns out it’s multiple choice trivia! There’s eight questions chosen from a random pool. Today’s questions were:

“What instrument does Jingle play?”
“What is the color of Cappy’s cap?”
“What was the name of the detective in the school?”
“Who appears when you use a walnut?”
“What is the color of Pashmina’s scarf?”
“What were Hamtaro and his friends looking for at Flower Ranch?”
“What kind of animal was eating a carrot at Flower Ranch?”
“What does Penelope like to say?”

You should know the answer to all but question #4, and that one isn’t hard to guess! It’s Jingle. If you answer a question correctly…

...but if you get one wrong…

Well, a little mud never hurt anyone.

Look! Over there!

But if you think you can “hamper” us any more, you’re wrong! And so, we must make our exit. Good-bye.

:golfclap: Well done, Puntaros. Still, I suppose they are still getting away…

Time to take another rocket sled in pursuit!

The game is a glorified quicktime event with inputs of left, right and A; however, the nice background makes it pretty enjoyable.

Huh?

Hey! You! Get your paws off of Bijou!

Are you sure? I’ll let go of her!

Oh, no! Don’t let go of her!

What do I care?

Wake up, Bijou!

I’m not gonna forgive you for this!

Look closely, Boss! It’s only a doll!

Why don’t you two play dolls in there?

Boss! Stan! We’ll save you!

Then bring two Ham-Ham medals, and I’ll let you play.

Hmm, we’d better find those medals and get our friends out of this fiendish trap.

...Those are kind of creepy.

Red medal. Blue medal. There are two medals. Hammmm hmmmm.

The TV in the next room provides a small hint, as will some of the others we see throughout the mansion. They’re not too helpful, but at least it means more Hamstarr.

...Well, that was easy.

Love? Life? Other worries? For the one who worries, we have a special low price in honor of our grand opening!

The TV up on this ledge is just advertising. It’s kind of surprising that Hamstarr has a whole TV network of his own, though. Guess it explains why his show’s always on.

It would seem that these medals weren’t very well hidden.

Other fun stuff such as pictures and sticker mats! Those with a flyer will be offered special items. Interested? Go ◄ from here to reach the Hamstarr shop.

Ah, of course there’s a gift shop.

The picture on sale, appropriately enough, is called ‘Crystal Ball’.

I’m not going to mess around anymore, so just help me!

We can’t leave those two in there!

Oh yeah, we should probably actually use the medals now that we have them. I guess.

Getting Boss and Stan out of the crane machine is actually very easy, simply because they do you the courtesy of standing still when the crane starts coming down. And not squirming about like in that Mario Party 2 minigame… :cripes:

Anyway, where did the Puntaros go now?

They ran that way!

Let’s follow them, Hamtaro!

……

Let’s just keep this well away from Boss, shall we?

Heading through the door takes us back to the main room of Hamstarr Manor, where the Puntaros made their introductions. There are eight different exits from this room, and we’ve only used three of them. (South leads to the entrance, north is the Space Slider.)

The room is vertically symmetrical, with one exit on the raised platforms on either side and two more in the lower corners (in the south and east/west walls).

The north-west exit is a no-go at the moment, it seems. Crossing over stars… Do we need sacred feet for that?

The lower westerly door has Carrobo’s hiding spot for this locale. Come to think of it, there hasn’t been a single real carrot since Ticky-Ticky Park.

Oooh, sparkly!

Bring me four Ham-Ham dolls, and I’ll let you pass.

Just so long as you don’t do anything weird with them, bud.

Speaking of weird, here’s Boss as a genie. With a transparent version if anyone wants it.

Back in the main room, the lower exit on the east wall just leads to a bunch of sunflower seeds, and a TV… that tells you to look at the TVs for hints. :downs:

The door right beside it brings us to another sticker, and the only open path we have that leads somewhere new. Since we know where the Puntaros must be… Let’s take a break. Tune in next time for the thrilling conclusion! Same ham time, same ham channel!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Oh that is just perfect.

I guess they decided this game needed a cool climax like Spat did.

And by "they" I mean Howdy and the girls.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Forer posted:

Because do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti

seriously
There is also the whole dodging anything related to 6. Spat is disappointed.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Leavemywife reading Update 13 posted:

Yapping Eevee: I hope you enjoy this one.
Leavemywife: Hamstar Manor?
Leavemywife: I hope it's haunted.
Leavemywife: Oh, God, I hope it's haunted.
Leavemywife: Is...Is Howdy acting as a racist caricature?
Leavemywife: gently caress Red Punster.
Leavemywife: gently caress him in the mouth.
Yapping Eevee: I'm so happy.
Leavemywife: Oh?
Yapping Eevee: This is my favourite part of the whole game.
Leavemywife: I miss the haunted mansion.
Yapping Eevee: Well, there's ghosts here too. It's just that there's also Red Punster and his awful puns.
Leavemywife: And you didn't help!
Leavemywife: Hamming it up?
Leavemywife: gently caress you, too!
Yapping Eevee: I have the biggest smile on my face right now, just so you know.
Leavemywife: I figured you were copy and pasting this text for the next update.
Yapping Eevee: Thanks for the suggestion!
Leavemywife: -_-

A little bit of bonus material after Update 13. :devil: Seriously, I love the entirety of this segment, and I'm probably going to put out an update early again to show the rest of it.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

This is the greatest dumbest thing to happen in the game. Nothing is going to top this update or the ones following it in regards to this mini-arc.

And you and Leave just have the best conversations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Goddamned fuckin' puns...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I hope Hamtaro gets out of this pickle! He might never escape this red puntaro caper.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why are the Puntaro Sentai emoting D during their posing?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Scalding Coffee posted:

'Cause they're 'D' worst. :colbert:

SKBasis
Oct 27, 2007

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a hamster balancing Kirby on a parasol -- forever.
College Slice

Scalding Coffee posted:

My guess would be that they're called something like the Dajare-taro in Japanese; "dajare" means "bad joke/pun". Dunno for sure.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Update 14: Punishing Puntaros and Rainbow Rescuing.

Last time, on Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue… The sinister villain Red Punster kidnapped the girls during a visit to Hamstarr Manor, holding them hostage with the aid of his Puntaro crew! Now, the continuation…

Help me, Maxwell!

See ya! Bye-bye!

Fleeing once more, huh? Time to give chase!

As with many minigames, the ideal strategy for this one is to act on the first pass while everything’s still nicely synced up. At 10 + time remaining times 2, it’s a quick and easy way to earn some points here.

Drat, looks like that Punster eluded us! But still, we didn’t come away empty-handed.

But don’t worry! We’re here, so you’re safe!

Um, Maxwell. You’re talking to a doll…

Oops. We were tricked again! Huh? The doll is holding something? What is it?

Aha! We can use this to pursue the Puntaros further… Their hubris will be their downfall!

...I’m going to choose to ignore that.

Hammmm hmmmm.

The special ring, hmm? Sounds mysterious!

The second version of Star-Studded Swinger is the same as the first, just in the opposite direction. Doing one after the other over and over is definitely the best source of sunflower points if you want to farm up the stickers in this area.

You may pass!

Alright, let’s see what devious challenge awaits us in this so-called special ring.

Aaa! I can’t eat that much. Someone help me!

Ookwee!

Firstly, Penelope is in danger too, Dexter. :mad: Secondly, what the hell is that?

And watch out for his Gobble Drop and Pork-Out Punch!

...Uh… Mean Oxnard, sure. Well, an evil clone is certainly a new one for us.

It’s an eating competition, so why not?

Hey, guess what? This commentator is actually worth our while to talk to despite their generic dialogue, because…

Pressing B, L, A, B, A, R after talking to them earns us the ‘Too Much Good Stuff’ picture! Man, Oxnard looks like he’s gonna be sick.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Let’s take on Mean Oxnard!

Ookwee! Ookwee! Ookwee! Ookwee! Ookwee!! Ookwee!!

She said that she’s ready to do battle!

Gwaha! So these guys are my opponents!

Yikes! He looks exactly like Oxnard!

Hee hee! We’ll beat you for sure with Mean Oxnard on our side! You won’t know which one is the real Oxnard!

...That does sound like a rather large flaw in the Puntaro’s plan.

Behold my powers of eating! Gwa! Gwaha ha!

Pffft, as if anyone could out-eat the real Oxnard! Time to have a chow down showdown!

I’ll show you my power!

So, remember back at the fair when Bijou faced off against Sparkle in that heart-gathering game? This is basically the same thing.

Messing up the dodge is no big deal; if you get it right about half the time, you’ll still win.

You’re so careless, Mean Oxnard! This calls for a…

Pashmina! Penelope!

Something’s just not right!

Aaa! I can’t eat that much. Someone help me!

Ookwee!

Just where did the real ones go?

Hey, finally someone who isn’t going to be a little bit creepy about it. With both of these, we now have four Ham-Ham dolls in our possession.

I really like dolls.

Good for you…?

If you want to watch the show, enter the room this way ◄.

Here it is at last, the final showdown with the Puntaros! (Also, the area’s flyer is on the wall there… just out of our reach.)

And of course, what kind of climactic face-off doesn’t happen in space?

Oh, you better believe it! You’re going down, Puntaros!

And of course, they pull their pose one more time. Oh, and I also prepared…

The avatar-sized version! Oh, and about the “D” that appears...

SKBasis posted:

My guess would be that they're called something like the Dajare-taro in Japanese; "dajare" means "bad joke/pun". Dunno for sure.

Sounds like a fair assumption to me, so let’s go with it.

Now, on with the show. Let’s see what the Puntaros have to throw at us.

Raise Your Flag is a fairly straightforward game to begin with, requiring you to press whatever button is on the flag the Puntaros hold up. Red Punster handles A/B/L/R while the ladies cover the four directionals.

After the first four inputs, the ladies will begin to spin. Of course, this means you may have a flag to press right on the left side of the screen (for example), plus there’s the spinning motion and the moving background that may make players a little dizzy.

The last four inputs involve two flags at once (requiring simultaneous button presses), though Yellow Punster will try to throw you off with a blank flag at times. In that case, just press whatever’s on the other one.

And yes, Red Punster can be the one holding both flags. All in all, a challenge where the main difficulty comes from the mind game aspect of it.

Eventually, we manage to make them cry.

But I won’t lose! Get ready to see what we’re made of!

Heh… You didn’t really expect a final boss fight to have only one stage, did you?

Duck and Throw is a seriously nasty little game for people who want a good score, because getting hit means losing a Ham-Ham and therefore points. You need to dodge both the peppers and the Puntaros as they charge toward the bottom of the screen; it takes three hits to defeat each Punster, and there’s also a UFO to hit for bonus points. There’s a video of the no-hit run here.

This can’t be! How could we lose!

Red Punster went out the way he always wanted to… Making awful puns. (This pun is dedicated to Leavemywife.)

Mmph…

Everyone! Snap out of it!

Hamtaro, don’t tell me you don’t see what’s going on here!

:eek: Who ever would have guessed?

We were helping Howdy out with his part-time job.

That was fun! Right, Penelope?

Ookwee!

This mansion’s goin’ to open up as an amusement park soon. Everyone helped me get the Ham Games ready for y’all’s amusement.

I see. Well, it’s safe to say that we were fooled.

Wow, changing in and out of costumes that fast must take some practice.

Ah, so Hamstarr is the ham in the moon? :downsrim:

Ohhh, right! We totally forgot to look for ingredients after the girls got ‘kidnapped’.

We’ve done it, Hamtaro!

Umm, so, umm...about my paycheck…

It’s not much.

It’s OK! Forget the crystal ball. Now, about my pay…

It’s not much.

I told you, forget about the crystal ball! My paycheck…

It’s not much.

:allears: It’s a classic, but my favourite version of this bit is still Slappy Squirrel’s.

Finally, we have all seven ingredients! Now we just need to add this one to the umbrella, and Bo can go home… A meaner person would make this a cliffhanger, but let’s just continue on!

-------

This time, everyone except Jingle and Snoozer are out on the Ham-Ham Lawn to witness this momentous occasion. You can watch a video of this scene here.

Everyone, thank you so much!

Hamstarr Manor was really fun! Who would’ve thought Howdy was behind it all along!

Uh, well… I knew it right from the start! But how much fun would it have been if I had said some…

OK! At last, I’ll make the final color!

Bo still isn’t having any of your tall tales, Boss. Had to get one more in for the road.

And here comes the umbrella. Since this is the final ingredient, let’s see it in motion again.

There it is, the rainbow umbrella in all its glory. :krakentoot:

I can’t stand to wait any longer!

I hope you’re all ready to see Bo work his rainbow magic, readers.

...uh…

Well, that isn’t suggestive at all! :v:

So, uh… Bo, are you still alive?

:sugartits:

Is Rainbow Land on the other side of this rainbow?

No, but there’s a station connected to Rainbow Land! I’m taking a train from that station to Rainbow Land, my home!

There’s a magical train in the sky? :swoon:

We’re friends forever!

We’re friends forever and ever! Adios, hamigos!

Even if he leaves, he can always come back, right? OK, then! Let’s all go and send Bo on his way home!

And now it’s time to let the ending play… This part deserves a video, so you can find it here.

The entire time you were gone, there has been a terrible problem.

What?! Bo is actually the prince of Rainbow Land?!

I remember he said that he’s Rainbow Land’s big star, but a prince?

Minister, what happened?

Follow me, and I will fill you in.

If there’s a problem with Bo, we’ll all help!

We want to ride that cloud, too!

Welcome to Rainbow Land’s Rainbow Theater! Thanks to the Ham-Hams, I was able to get home!

I’m glad we could help!

Wh-what’s wrong?

It’s good that I got back to Rainbow Land, but while I was gone, not a single visitor has come to visit our land!

Yep, it’s as empty as can be.

That’s right.

And so, it’s time for this!

Mm? What is that? An invitation?

That’s right! This is an invitation to Rainbow Theater!

I want you to take them and hand them out as a gift to all the hamsters we’ve met!

OK. So, hand these to all the hamsters we’ve met.

That’s right! And we’re thinking about starting the play when everyone gets here!

I can’t wait!

You should also look for rainbows in new areas. The rainbows will take you to areas that you haven’t been!

That’s great!

There are a total of 40 invitations. I want you to give them to all kinds of hamsters. Got it?

Got it! The invitations are for all the hamsters we’ve met.

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

When you get back, look at the Rainbow Art, everyone! Well then! See you later, hamigos!

So, with all seven ingredients gathered and Bo returned to Rainbow Land, it’s time for the Ham-Hams to embark on a whole new quest! We’ll be revisiting all the places we’ve been and exploring them further, even visiting whole new locations while we hand out invitations to Rainbow Theater, and the special play Bo has planned. There’s still a whole lot left to do, folks! So, I’ll see you all next time… Take care!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Holy crap, we've gone to Hamster Heaven. Bo is actually the Devil, he killed us, and is conning us into handing out invitations to Hell.

What a twist!

This "gently caress You" goes out to Yapping Eevee

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Red Punster went out the way he always wanted to… Making awful puns. (This pun is dedicated to Leavemywife.)

I really wish I could somehow make this moment an avatar. It's probably my favorite moment in the entire LP. If only more villains were like Red Punster.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

What does it say about these hamesters that they can't even recognize their friends from some doll doppleganger?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

ParanoidLogician posted:

I really wish I could somehow make this moment an avatar. It's probably my favorite moment in the entire LP. If only more villains were like Red Punster.

Put the pun as the title text, and hopefully this will work for you. :) I'd shrink the whole thing, but the text becomes utterly illegible at 150x100.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't believe Geop was the final boss of this game.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Put the pun as the title text, and hopefully this will work for you. :) I'd shrink the whole thing, but the text becomes utterly illegible at 150x100.

Thank you. Thank you so much Yapping Eevee.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

ParanoidLogician posted:

Thank you. Thank you so much Yapping Eevee.

He's truly doing God's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
All the Hamtaro games have had kind of a giant after-game, haven't they?

It was obvious at the aquarium, but I'm looking forward to the hidden places in other areas too.

• Locked thread