Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Time is an illusion anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
so now i have to buy oculus, morpheus and this poo poo

3 loving vr's

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CraigK posted:

i don't know if you're joking, but uh

That's :thejoke:

quote:

The TF2VRH was issued in Genuine quality to players who redeemed the code obtained by preordering an Oculus Rift development kit from the official developer website before April 1, 2013 or by backing any level on the official Kickstarter page.

To get it now you'd have to trade with somebody who backed Oculus at Kickstarter (me :cheeky:)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

lmao if you honestly think valve is going to make a sequel to a decade old franchise instead of making sweet sweet money by making absolutely nothing for dota 2

They probably have more people developing Half Life 4 than DotA 2.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sans in Japan means three

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

hoping fpr the best tomorrow and to everyone out here <3

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Looking forward to the disappointment tomorrow

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Gabe walks out on stage and announces the yearbeast is finally over then walks off stage and the house lights come up. Half hour standing ovation.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

echronorian posted:

Valve hasn't done a big presentation at any trade shows in a while and the VR headset has already been revealed, which is what fuels the speculation that their is a software announcement coming. Please continue to get hyped and ultimately disappointed about the valve presentation on 3/3 at 3 pm.
Valve had talks at GDC last year as well, just like today.
In fact, they've been having the same sort of GDC schedule for years. (Also around March back then :ssh:)
More here: http://www.valvesoftware.com/company/publications.html
Notice how Valve talks at GDC every year since 2004

They've also unveiled the Steam Controller at a fairly large event last year, and not to mention the introduction of Steam VR at their own 'trade show' Steam Dev Days again last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vqNpZqnl1o&t=267s

I have my hype set to the maximum setting but you're hyping yourself too much if you think these talks are the first of their kind from Valve for years and years.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 2, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

In fact, they've been having the same sort of GDC schedule for years. (Also around March back then :ssh:)

They've also unveiled the Steam Controller at a fairly large event last year, and not to mention the introduction of Steam VR at their own 'trade show' Steam Dev Days again last year

I have my hype set to the maximum setting but you're hyping yourself too much if you think these talks are the first of their kind from Valve for years and years.
:frogout:
DOTA3orBUST

A non-stop Dad joke spewing character in L4D3 would be great.
Chop of a zombie's arms
:v: : Don't worry, he's 'armless now!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

today i inform you that i, gabe newell, have been locked in secret psychic combat with the supreme psychopomp of planet xee'izlor for three cosmic cycles, or ten of our earth years. only now can i inform you of my victory. planet earth, and the mortal realm, is safe until the next solar alignment

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Half-Life 3 will come out ten years after everyone stops laughing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what would gabe newell's hedgehog form look like

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

It will be a Half-life 2 remake with all the physics remastered. Hence the theme of the talk.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Anime Curator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWuIt9YmN_U

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
You have to pay to watch the stream, it's a lecture on Physics Engines and Gabe Newell isn't going to be doing it, going to hazard a guess that everyone is going to be disappointed

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fateo McMurray posted:

It's gonna be some game they can sell hats/gun skins/something in just to print more money

Team Fortress 3

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fateo McMurray posted:

It's gonna be some game they can sell hats/gun skins/something in just to print more money

Hat Simulator. Like Goat Simulator except you play as a hat. The in game hat shop lets you put hats on your hat.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Half Life 3 reveal and news that it needs the Valve VR thing to work would simultaneously piss off every PC gamer in the world while also ensuring it becomes the dominant platform due to early adoption rates.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Eonwe posted:

they won't announce half life 3 until March 3rd 3333 at 3:33.33 AM

In the year 3333.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
We're on page 3...

!

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
lmao if you think that valve gives a poo poo about making games anymore when they make boo koo bucks off of doing jack poo poo for DOTA, TF2 or CSGO

get w/ the program, guys

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
games

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Please don't trash up our speculation thread with this sort of talk.

Anime Curator posted:

Thisd is the kind of content we are all looking for, thank you anime goon.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I can think of about 200 million ways to design a fun L4D3 with a DotA style monetization system and HL3 isn't much harder

Although if HL3 is anything other than a traditional FPS campaign the backlash will be nuclear

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I don't know how your stupid american timezones work, it's 3pm on the 3/3 right now and I haven't seen poo poo.

How long am I meant to wait for this?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
They're announcing DoD:3 I got to visit my uncle at Valve he let me play it

bag of a bee
Jun 17, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

I don't know how your stupid american timezones work, it's 3pm on the 3/3 right now and I haven't seen poo poo.

How long am I meant to wait for this?

assuming seattle time it's about 19 hours from now

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
They have a Nazi memorabilia microtransaction store and everything. Very authentic.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
"Welcome to our physics talk. I'll just open up my slideshow and.." *screen goes black*

"Hello, Mr. Freeman..."

*crowd goes wild*

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Concerned Citizen posted:

"Welcome to our physics talk. I'll just open up my slideshow and.." *screen goes black*

"Hello, Mr. Freeman..."

*crowd goes wild*

Seats for that event cost between $1900-$2500. If Valve used it to present anything other then a physics talk, there sure will be rioting alright.

Orv
May 4, 2011
There will never be a HL3 and that thought keeps me very happy.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
The game that gives them the best chance at success for their VR headset would be HL3, as HL2 was for Steam. But then again, the gamer inside me wants HL3, but the realist inside me says it's going to be something I don't care.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I don't think I'd trust Valve to make Half-Life 3 anymore. In Half-Life 2 they completely dumbed down the game ("Our playtester spent an hour going around in the circle, we removed the option to turn left :downs:"). Half-Life 3 is going to be even worse.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Aren't they supposed to be working on this Half Life 3 / or 2: Episode 3 (ha ha *cough* *cough*) all this time in secret or on and off or something? There have been some concept art leaks here and there up to a few years ago that I was checking.

I understand that it's a possibility they are keeping the development under complete secrecy to prevent that awful leak that happened with Half Life 2 beta., but it's knid of insane to think that they have been doing that for such a long time.

Anyway, I am ready for my disappointment now.

(maybe it's the Black Mesa game/remake that gets a commercial release the game they are announcing(?). Although I don't think Valve is actively working on that; maybe marginally helping the dev team).

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Ddraig posted:

I don't think I'd trust Valve to make Half-Life 3 anymore. In Half-Life 2 they completely dumbed down the game ("Our playtester spent an hour going around in the circle, we removed the option to turn left :downs:"). Half-Life 3 is going to be even worse.

That poo poo happens on all games, it's just that HL2 (episode 2?) was one of the first to include the commentary admitting it.

People are idiots.

~Gamers~ are bigger idiots.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

qntm posted:

Half-Life 3 will come out ten years after everyone stops laughing.

The big news is going to be that Half-Life 3 is renamed to Half-Life: Forever and it will be done when it's done.

AbstractNapper posted:

Aren't they supposed to be working on this Half Life 3 / or 2: Episode 3 (ha ha *cough* *cough*) all this time in secret or on and off or something? There have been some concept art leaks here and there up to a few years ago that I was checking.

I understand that it's a possibility they are keeping the development under complete secrecy to prevent that awful leak that happened with Half Life 2 beta., but it's knid of insane to think that they have been doing that for such a long time.

Anyway, I am ready for my disappointment now.

(maybe it's the Black Mesa game/remake that gets a commercial release the game they are announcing(?). Although I don't think Valve is actively working on that; maybe marginally helping the dev team).

What? That's pretty much exactly what happened with Half-Life 2 though. It was a big announcement not long before it actually came out. I remember Valve being mum on the subject for years and years. I distinctly remember thinking Half-Life 2 would never come out because they never let on that they were working on it.

Nullsmack fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 3, 2015

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Y'all know this company can't count to 3 right?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I care about them

much more than Valve I'm afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Valve make a video games? Nice jokes OP.

• Locked thread