Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black potus
Jul 13, 2006
SORRY pretend i just said locke :I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

jassi007 posted:

rofl, feature match. You guys are in for some poo poo, this will literally be the first time i've used xmage. Plus i'm mediocre at best at magic. I'm game for humilation though! I will hang out in IRC every night this week I can, I'm usually around between like 9pm and 12am EST online, or PM me.

gang sines posted:

jassi/locke post times you can play so we can figure out when to do this thing

I too am available evening EST this week, . Xmage is still being buggy on every computer I have tried it on though (3 at this point) and will hang every time I search my library with a fetch. Maybe its something to do with my decklist thats causing the problem? The main point is that we may have to use cockatrice if xmage keeps constantly crashing. I will try altering the versions of the lands in my deck to see if that changes anything, but after that Im out of ideas on how to fix it.

Probably the best day for me would be tomorrow night, starting any time after 9pm as long as we're done by 11:30pm or so.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Hey The March Hare, my plans cancelled tonight so we can get our game in if you'll be around.

(what the hell am i thinking not playing blue in vintage)

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

L0cke17 posted:

I too am available evening EST this week, . Xmage is still being buggy on every computer I have tried it on though (3 at this point) and will hang every time I search my library with a fetch. Maybe its something to do with my decklist thats causing the problem? The main point is that we may have to use cockatrice if xmage keeps constantly crashing. I will try altering the versions of the lands in my deck to see if that changes anything, but after that Im out of ideas on how to fix it.

Probably the best day for me would be tomorrow night, starting any time after 9pm as long as we're done by 11:30pm or so.

Tomorrow 9pm ish cockatrice. Rumble in the cardboard jungle.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

L0cke17 posted:

This seems to be a problem with the newest version of Xmage.

If anyone has a link to the previous version, it may be worth putting it in the OP along with the version number so people can make sure they have the right one.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I can play tonight, should be on IRC for a while.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

jassi007 posted:

Tomorrow 9pm ish cockatrice. Rumble in the cardboard jungle.

i can do this

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

This seems to be a problem with the newest version of Xmage.

If anyone has a link to the previous version, it may be worth putting it in the OP along with the version number so people can make sure they have the right one.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=16731 v6 and v2 are dlable here

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
streamin vs BAFH http://twitch.tv/gangsines

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Starving Autist posted:

Hi Jabor! I am available to play sometime before Thursday or on Sunday, as I'm going out of town and won't have time to play Thur-Sat.

I'm still in Australia, what TZ are you in? Hopefully we can line something up mid-week.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005
InstantRunoffVote I'm unavailable tonight but I should be available all tomorrow and Thursday, and then usually around 6pm to midnight EST.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hey The March Hare, my plans cancelled tonight so we can get our game in if you'll be around.

(what the hell am i thinking not playing blue in vintage)

Yeah, sure, you wanna do say 9PM eastern? I'm in IRC as marchhare - feel free to hit me up.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
xmage is a piece of poo poo

tells me i have 7 cards in hand, but there are only 6. this is my first main phase, i'm on the draw.

I'm only using cockatrice from now on.

Starving Autist fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 10, 2015

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Actually, try downloading card images. I wouldn't be surprised if no-one cares about the app working correctly without them.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

That is odd, and I don't know what to tell you.
I suggest everyone try out xmage to see how it works before just jumping into their match. Its also probably worth having cockatrice set up as a plan B too.

I also went back and edited my decklist post with my availability. I figure most people are going to look at that once pairings go up, and it might make coordination a little bit easier.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
bafh gets it 2-0

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Jabor posted:

Actually, try downloading card images. I wouldn't be surprised if no-one cares about the app working correctly without them.

I'll try it again, last time I tried it took like 30 minutes to "download" and then nothing happened.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Starving Autist posted:

I'll try it again, last time I tried it took like 30 minutes to "download" and then nothing happened.

Make sure you set the images directory to something else instead of using the default, otherwise it'll randomly delete all the images. It's a masterpiece of programming, yes it is.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

The March Hare posted:

Yeah, sure, you wanna do say 9PM eastern? I'm in IRC as marchhare - feel free to hit me up.

Done I'll see you there

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Jonked posted:

InstantRunoffVote I'm unavailable tonight but I should be available all tomorrow and Thursday, and then usually around 6pm to midnight EST.

Cool. I can do tomorrow at 6pm EST, though not much later. I meet you in IRC then.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Done I'll see you there

I've got the game up, no password.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Jabor posted:

Make sure you set the images directory to something else instead of using the default, otherwise it'll randomly delete all the images. It's a masterpiece of programming, yes it is.

I set the directory to a non-default one and tried it again. Still have no images.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY3Trvd2jQ0

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I'm free evenings for magics.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Thekingofsprings, time got away from me tonight. I'm available most other evenings from 5:30 pm to around 8:30, central, though. You can pm me, or email me at my SA username on gmail, or get my phone number from Gangsines.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Took it 2-1~

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 10, 2015

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Starving Autist posted:

I set the directory to a non-default one and tried it again. Still have no images.

I've tried it multiple times and I still get nothing. I have no idea how to get this stupid program to work. Cockatrice is janky, but at least it functions.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

2-1, wasn't it?

Turns out Elesh Norn is pretty good against a deck full of X/2s!

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

2-1, wasn't it?

Turns out Elesh Norn is pretty good against a deck full of X/2s!

Sorry, yeah, boggled because of the game restart thing. 2-1 is correct.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
aw man i just realized i could misstep my ancestral in response to the misdirection and at least come out of the turn w/ snapcaster. i had a bob in hand too to try to pull ahead tho w/ dack i dunno if it would have stuck. just now that i'm no longer cussin at xmage i saw that and i'm cussin all over again

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I knew you could do that but didn't tell you so you would let me say I won.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
To be honest I really badly wanted you to fumble around with xmage for like 10 minutes, finally get it working, and then get misdirectioned. I was disappointed.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I can play tonight, should be on IRC for a while.

Heya, apologies, you had the right name on IRC but missed me by an hour or so and I wasn't back all night. Just got a new job so my schedule's a little off right now. If you're around in US afternoon times you can catch me most any day, but later evening availability may have to wait until Thursday or Friday. Thanks for checking in though!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That's fine, I'm in the UK so I should be able to manage afternoon times easily.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Oh, well, in that case, times around now work too! Whatever's convenient!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I've realized I messed up my list, it's meant to have 2 snapcasters instead of one (and therefore 60 cards instead of 59).

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ranpire won 2-1. We had two silly early combo wins followed by an interesting grindy game that went deep.

Also as it turns out Yawgmoth's Will is actually a pretty solid card.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
I have prevailed 2-1 over Irony Be My Shield, in the near-mirror of people copying LSV control lists.

Game 1, I had Vault, Vamp and one Force, but he had Force, Ancestral, Time Walk, Demonic, Lotus, Yawg Will, all the above again, etc etc and I died.

Game 2, I took the play, had an absurd hand, and dumped vault and key into play on turn 1 through his Misstep.

Game 3, I kept Force, Force, Misdirection, Misstep, Mana Drain, Thirst for Knowledge, Mox Pearl, on the assumption that so many counters would keep me alive to draw into mana and things to do. Things worked out as I hoped, we both counterwarred on occasion and I eventually got to resolve three draw 3s, ran him out of stuff and assembled Vault/Key.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Lawinator I'm available today until 4est, and probably for a bit after 9:30 p.m. I'll be available all during the day tomorrow and Thursday as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Lawinator I'm available today until 4est, and probably for a bit after 9:30 p.m. I'll be available all during the day tomorrow and Thursday as well.

I'll be around after 9 then, or tomorrow no rush.

Edit: JK I'll be playing paper magic tonight so tomorrow.

TheLawinator fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 10, 2015

• Locked thread