Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I don't care dude I'm still going to make fun of the mana leak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Saying "playing around mana leak" in Vintage is loving funny and cool to me and I'm glad it happened

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Who in the gently caress saw Army of Allah and thought: "this is gonna be worth thousands of dollars someday! I'm going to have this graded!"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

kizudarake posted:

Who in the gently caress saw Army of Allah and thought: "this is gonna be worth thousands of dollars someday! I'm going to have this graded!"

Maybe they got it confused with Jihad, which is worth $30 and probably will gradually go up.

Even if Wizards abolishes the reserve list, they will never ever reprint a card named Jihad.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

My apologies to Gang Sines and eSporks. I took a new position at work last week and have been finding myself with no free time as a result of my hours being shifted and overtime being a thing. I'm going to have to drop and hope that this stabilizes by the time Tunderdome 3 rolls around. Again, very sorry for the pain in the rear end and lack of playing magic this causes.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Trilas posted:

My apologies to Gang Sines and eSporks. I took a new position at work last week and have been finding myself with no free time as a result of my hours being shifted and overtime being a thing. I'm going to have to drop and hope that this stabilizes by the time Tunderdome 3 rolls around. Again, very sorry for the pain in the rear end and lack of playing magic this causes.

np dude, hope the job settles down

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Trilas posted:

Thank you for actually dropping instead of making us wonder if you died. Byes suck, but this keeps them to a minimum.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Trilas posted:

Don't lie, I scared you off with my 4 leyline of the void.
Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for officially dropping instead of just flaking each week.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Since its thurs lemme know if your opp hasn't been in touch w u

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm going to be on to cardfight tonight around 6, now that I have a working deck.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ok i think i figured out the fetch problem

if you have at least fire // ice and maybe any split card, xmage can't render it in the search window so it doesn't show the window. i tried two versions of fire // ice and couldn't search either.

might be other cards causing this issue, if you don't have fire // ice in your deck and fetching isn't working i'd first try removing any split cards and then searching and then if that doesn't work, shoot me your list

i'm gonna shoot xmage peeps feedback on this issue, if you have fire // ice in your list feel free to update your list

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
looks like a couple people do who have had fetches work, but hey that's at least part of the issue :I

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
GottaPayDaTrollToll has been MIA :/

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
looks like he last showed up like three days ago. i'll try to scope him out and you'll get the win if we hit the deadline

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I beat Trilas.
Game 1 was pretty cool and had a really weird Doomsday pile. Vintage DD has so many more options than Legacy does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_hNNSGyIk
Skip to 14:57 if you don't want to watch 10 minutes of me thinking out loud.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 13, 2015

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015

gang sines posted:

looks like he last showed up like three days ago. i'll try to scope him out and you'll get the win if we hit the deadline

Swell. I'm also cool with an extension or whatever he he wants one.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
TheKingofSprings , I'm going to be at my LGS tomorrow for FNM, but I'll be available to do our rounds starting around midnight, central time, to 3 or 4 am, Saturday night at the same time, and then Sunday afternoon or evening, after 2:30. If you're not free then, then, if Gang Sines will give us an extension, I'm available Monday evening from around 5 pm.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Still haven't heard from my opponent.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
tkos and troll toll you guys are in drop danger u best post by the deadline

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

gang sines posted:

tkos and troll toll you guys are in drop danger u best post by the deadline

Hi kizudarake if you're around at midnight I'll play you (possibly slightly drunk so it's to your advantage)

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 15, 2015

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hi kizudarake if you're around at midnight I'll play you (possibly slightly drunk so it's to your advantage)

TheKingofSprings posted:

Logging on. (And pissing off my wife because I was getting ready for bed when I saw this.)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I'm free now Lonely Bridge. Also I'll be free tomorrow at latest after dinner time until around 10 EST.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

I'm free now Lonely Bridge. Also I'll be free tomorrow at latest after dinner time until around 10 EST.

Sorry man, got sucked into some stuff today. I'll hang around the irc tomorrow

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Jabor, I'll be in IRC the rest of the day. I still haven't gotten xmage working, so you should install cockatrice in case I can't figure it out by then.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
2-0 vs Kizudarake.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

2-0 vs Kizudarake.

Yeah, I blame part of it on not knowing I couldn't cast Force Of Will from the graveyard via alt casting costs from Force of will, and part of it on drawing one goddamned land the second game.

But I still might get the 0-x gangtag.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Yeah, I blame part of it on not knowing I couldn't cast Force Of Will from the graveyard via alt casting costs from Force of will, and part of it on drawing one goddamned land the second game.

But I still might get the 0-x gangtag.

How were you casting it? Snapcaster doesn't let you flash it back without paying 5. Yawgmoth's Will does.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Starving Autist posted:

Jabor, I'll be in IRC the rest of the day. I still haven't gotten xmage working, so you should install cockatrice in case I can't figure it out by then.

It's already Monday here, and I won't be back from work until ~9-10 hours from now. Will you still be around? Otherwise roughly this time tomorrow (or a little earlier) will be fine.

I'll have cockatrice set up, even though it's kind of a pain.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Jabor posted:

It's already Monday here, and I won't be back from work until ~9-10 hours from now. Will you still be around? Otherwise roughly this time tomorrow (or a little earlier) will be fine.

I'll have cockatrice set up, even though it's kind of a pain.

I can be on tomorrow, that works fine. It's 6:47 PM here, so I'll be on around 6 PM tomorrow.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Starving Autist posted:

I can be on tomorrow, that works fine. It's 6:47 PM here, so I'll be on around 6 PM tomorrow.

Sounds good, I'll wait in IRC at that time.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

How were you casting it? Snapcaster doesn't let you flash it back without paying 5. Yawgmoth's Will does.

It was snap caster, and it's on me for not knowing how the cards interact like that. I should have snagged mental misstep.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

2/1 over Lonelybridge thanks to his powerful mull to 5.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The Lawinator destroyed my hopes and dreams, 2-0. Ggs though, my first vintage game ever!

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

The Lawinator destroyed my hopes and dreams, 2-0. Ggs though, my first vintage game ever!

First time for me too, I got to feel the power of blue cards. Merfolk is pretty fun, got to time walk-ancestral-lotus then cruise and play a couple fish.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
gangsines do you want to play more

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
i have to go to bed soon

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

i have to go to bed soon

yeah sorry i had a crazy day but i can play now

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
k so Jabor and Starvin Autist get another day

i got the replay games vs bafh so we 2-1

troll toll gotta show up or he get dropped still but he gets the extra day

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

2/1 over Lonelybridge thanks to his powerful mull to 5.

To be fair, you play a deck that forces me to make mulligan decisions like that. I had a pretty simple storm hand on 7 but the fear of something like a t1 chalice on 0 will cause me to look for a better hand. I feel like mulligans in Vintage are a lot more of a viable option that most other formats - I wouldn't say the mulligan was entirely what brought me down. It's more of a feature of your deck choice to force opponents to cripple themselves to try to get around your lock. It is kind've funny to get beat down by mutavaults and no resistance as a storm deck though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
def in the shops matchup taking mulligans right is an important part of the game. i mean always, but i've lost a ton of games vs shops on a bad mull decision.

• Locked thread